2015-09-03 01:13:06

Hi guys. I need a basic video capture program i can use to record videos for my Comm 100 class.

2015-09-03 02:29:50

Not sure if it will work as you need, but I use the Open Broadcaster Software, (OBS), to record my youtube videos. It is free and open source, maybe it can help.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-09-03 08:27:29 (edited by magurp244 2015-09-03 08:27:44)

Fraps is fairly popular, though you may need to purchase it to get full use out of it. If audio's not an issue you could try looking at GifCam or LICEcap gif recorders.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2015-09-03 17:26:01

How would you, say, use OBS to use your webcam and a microphone? I really only need those two things, and I haven't really had a chance to delve too deeply in to it.

2015-09-03 21:14:38

A microphone is relatively easy - go into settings/audio, then look at the second combo box - I believe it's desktop audio device or similar.  Change that to your microphone, run a few checks and you should be good to go.  Keep in mind that OBS, for some reason, takes in sounds from the system level - programs like youtube videos running in the background etc will still be heard as far as I'm aware.  Though if you're just using a microphone and a web cam I'm not sure if this'll be the case.

As for how to add the latter, I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess it'd be classed as a video capture device when you add it as a global source.

Just try googling around for it and see what you find, report back here if you're lost or if you get it working and if so, how.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-11-17 22:18:35

I'm bringing this one back. I want to know how i can record some pokemon 3ds game play and do commentary over it? I know i will need a capture card for the 3ds. Any good ideas on a webcam, or should i avoid trying to film my face? This would be for my youtube channel. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2017-11-18 01:59:19

You should probably use OBS Classic, the newer version of OBS isn't all that accessible.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer