2015-09-01 10:11:39

Well another month, another  monthly chat topic.
Just in case your knew to these, the idea is a topic for general chatterment about anything and everything your up to right now.
What games your playing, what your reading/listening to/watching at the moment, anything interesting going on in your life you fancy sharing, how work/university/school is going,  if you've  had your legs bitten off by stinking rabid mutant dire badger titans (woopse, Wastes moment), that sort of thing.

Well probably due to the lack of stinking rabid mutant dire badger titans, things are going well in the house of Dark currently. I've just had my parents up delivering some awesome furniture,  including a new leather sweet. I have had the same settee now  for about 7 years, and when this one (which is actually new, it belonged to a friends' sister's daughter's father who recently died), turned up I was greatful to accept, it makes the room a lot nicer which is good, I'm also pleased because Reever definitely gets the idea that leather and dogs don't mix, and though she's usually prone to get on furniture, she always asks first, and she very quickly got the idea of not, she's a very polite dog in that respect.

In other news, I have my desktop back and fixed. I'm going to need to reinstall and fix a few things like all my games, but it's not too bad, though I don't look forward to reinstalling avg internet security. One advantage is that I've noticed that my laptop's avg internet security has auto updated to 2015. I thought it  wouldn't work, sinse I tried  Antivirus 2014 on both my desktop and  laptop and got the same horrible slowdown, but maybe that was just with that specific version? I hope so, particularly sinse I can also then reinstall pc tuneup, indeed I suspect if I'd kept pc tuneup going I wouldn't have got the error I did.

I've got a very busy few months ahead, with concerts going on, and that feel the force convention in peterburough Aaron mentioned which I'm certainly going to, (in costume), plus perhaps some other things as well.
Hopefully I can fit some gaming in there too.

In other news, I listened to the last of this series 4th doctor adventures last night.  I was a little worried at the start given the story was entitled "return to Telos" and  the doctor seemed to avert telos, plus I didn't know what exactly a story set in the middle of tomb of the cybermen would be like, but Knick Brigs is always good at that sort of thing, indeed I was amazed how well he managed to stick a cyberman timy wimy into a previous story without utterly upsetting everything or making the second doctor's adventures completely pointless, (yes moffat, remember that? showing credit to your predecessor's ideas?).

I'm in the middle of this months monthly, the warehouse, and despite some clunky dialogue it's got some very nice ideas to it, in particular the idea of a society who've turned worship of online orders into a  religion. I do wish though it tied in more to we are the daleks from last month, though it might, we'll see how the ending goes.

So that's some thoughts on what I'm up to, how's about  everyone else round here?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-09-01 12:26:31

Hi.
I dont know if you noticed, but the topic hasnt been made sticky till now.
I just wanted to inform you so the topic doesnt get lost in this forum.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-09-01 12:59:25

Thanks for the warning Simber, it's easily fixed though.
Now it'll be stuck until next month.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-09-01 16:12:58

Hi.
I am currently in the mood of taking a rifle and blowing off the head of the chefe of my mobile phone contract provider.
Apparently something went wrong with the money transfer from my bank account, and the bills kept piling.
Today, I called the service center for a completely different reason. On that note, i also asked for bills to be payed.
Then they told me that there where a few bills pending, and they will block my contract in 4 days or so.
I am wondering, why the fuck didnt they tell me in the first place if a bill couldnt be payed?
Why did they wait till now and even didnt inform me of that?
I didnt even had an idea that they would block my contract. If I wouldnt have called, well, I would be fucked by now.
So, I am furious at the moment, Not fast and furious, but furious never the less.
Does someone have an idea how I can build of this feeling brewing in me?
Would be very thankfull for that.
Greetings Moritz.

2015-09-01 17:22:06

LOL Simba, I never really had anything of the sort happen to me yet so I can't give you any advice there. But in other news, I've recently started a searies of mobillity lessons because I'm starting a new school this year, and we were checking out the way, the building itself etc. Because of the holladays I had a lot of time for gaming all through july and august, and just 10 minutes ago I reached number 1 on the danger on the wheel scoreboards. I'm also currently listening to an audio drama searies called John Sinclair, and I've started on the heroes of olympus searies as well. john Sinclair was made only in german at first, but then they started making english translations. Actually, me is gonna go off listening to some more after writing this... smile

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-09-01 17:43:48

Hi,
Yeah, I also like that they try making an english series of John Sinclair.
I dont know if you can speak German, but if so, you definately need to check out the german version of the drama, Its freakin great.
Greetings Moritz.

2015-09-02 13:21:29

oh I'm from austria, so I can listen to the german searies no problem.

2015-09-02 14:29:17

Hi.
Well, I listened to both of the John Sinclair series, and I think they are both great peaces of art.
I just hope that the drama series will be continued. Some years ago, the publishers of the books tryed to translate them and bring them to the english speaking market, but as far as I know, this didnt work out as planned and the project was stopped after 10 books or so.
Greetings Moritz.

2015-09-02 15:31:28

actually, i think their still doing it. You can find the episodes on deazer. Also, the 2000 addition is being continued, their at episode 102 all ready.

2015-09-04 22:29:24

Lets play that game where some random person says some random word and it triggers some random reaction that some random person replies about (randomly, of course):
Clockwork

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-09-04 22:38:48

ur... tick tock?

2015-09-04 22:55:51 (edited by jjgeek 2015-09-06 15:42:45)

Hi everyone. Well, I've not been active here lately but I do quite like the idea of a monthly chat. So with that in mind here's what I've been up to. My life as of late has been rather chaotic, but in a good way. It all started at the end of July of this year, when my parents moved. I got to see their new place and I like it a lot. They downsized a bit and are now in a 2-flat. I actually got to spend some quality time there, because my bathroom had to be renovated. Long story short, my bathtub shower wasn't installed properly to begin with. So I now have a stand-alone shower, as well as a new commode. The new building owners, who took over earlier this year, are very good. They're currently renovating the entire ground floor, and then they will do other stuff in our apartments. But my bathroom was given top priority, which I think was the right choice. This building was first opened in 2004, and at the time it was owned by a group of parents including mine. They did a pretty good job, but they just didn't have enough time and resources. So they recently decided to sell the building to a company who renovates places. Thus the reason for new ownership. In addition, I went to a cousin's wedding downstate and had a fun time.

2015-09-05 02:49:40

In reply to Conner and soul keeper's mallet's mallet (no that is a thing, look it up), my reply to tick tock is "man!" and if you don't know why, well you haven't read enough steven king, or listened to the doctor who story, time works.
So for the next person who wishes to continue your word is man! 

@jjgeek, I'm jealous if your place has both a shower and bath. I've got a bath in my flat, but sinse I run and lift weights each morning I've been trying to get a shower put in but the council are being very irritating and burocratic.
Speaking of burocratic, I've now finished with the evil warehouse from doctor who and have started a commic series by Tom Holt, his books about a chap who goes to work in a sorcerer's office. They caught my attention sinse the sorcerer's firm in question is J W Wells of St. Mary acs, which for anyone who doesn't know their Gilbert and Sullivan is the old established firm of family sorcerers whom the title character of G&S's first oppereta "the Sorcerer" works for (he has a very awesome song about "my name is john wellington wells").

The first book wasn't bad, and is nice for being an urban fantasy that isn't really overthetop with the magical elements, I also do like the wonderfully mundane mix of weerdness and standard officy things, like a stapler that appears anywhere or a goblin receptionist.
My problem is while the world and the execution is nice, and there is the odd little amusing reference that makes me smile, I just don't care for the main character or his romance plot. I think the author was going for "johnny average male loser" however he actually manges to make someone pretty dislikeable, who is madly in love with someone else pretty dislikeable with whom he shares zero chemistry at all, indeed a commical section was where the main character was asked "what do you see in her" and actually couldn't answer, because to be honest I couldn't see anything either. Either Mr. Holt has a really! depressing idea of relationships or I'm missing something.
What is the problem is this sort of not romance plot made up a lot of the first book, though i will say the magic elements and the wonderful bits of office weerdness were ntertaining enough that I'm now reading the sequel, ---- for example one particular thing I liked was one partner described as "Dennis Tanner, Ba plimmoth, Bg" The "Bg" standing for "Boss goblin" big_smile.

Fortunately the second book has both kicked the annoying unloveable love interest off to hollywood and also seems to be shaping up with more magic so it will be an improvement methinks.

In other news, I'm very pleased sinse I now have my pc back! I've installed Avg internet security, setup both mail accounts and everything is bakc to normal, actually it's lovely to be able to sit in my living room and drink coffee rather than having to spend all my time in the bedroom with my laptop (the huge speakers on my desktop and my music collection also help a lot).

I've lost my version of power dvd, but under advice I'm trying Vlc media player. Vlc does have some nice functions (I like the title and chapter menu), but I do miss the auto resume that power dvd had, which meant I could literally stop a dvd in the middle, turn off my pc and then start again from the same place, also the time skip doesn't seem to work as easily.

Still, it'll be nice to make a start on watching Angel, (I'll be watching series 1 of Angel before I start on series 4 of Buffy the vampire slayer I think). And of course I've got lots of good films and such, indeed I plan to rewatch the original starwars films (and maybe the prequals I don't know), at some point before the new one comes out, though that might turn out to be a huuuuuge mistake if hollywood quality isn't as expected big_smile.

2015-09-05 10:35:43 (edited by pitermach 2015-09-05 10:36:08)

It's back to school for me, so that's what I've been up to for this week. It's actually the last year, so I really hope I can pass and do other stuff later. Now for the next 2 weeks I'll be doing local practice, which means that I'm going to have a lot of free time and the people where i'll be working are very nice so I'm quite looking forward to that.

The other thing I've been doing this week is continuing to watch fairy tail and I must say I'm in love with this Anime. For people that haven't watched it, it focuses on the fairy tail guild of wizards. The cast of characters is quite fun and includes a couple of guys who are dragon slayers who've been trained by dragons, a celestial wizard who summons spirits based on zodiac signs, and a few talking, flying catlike creatures to name a few examples. The writing is very good and pretty much everyone gets a lot of character development, and the story very often goes from grave to humorous to sad quickly. The soundtrack is a combination of rock, celtic and orchestral music and I also really like it. If you decide to watch it definitely find the English funimation dub because the voice acting is, IMO, even better than the original Japanese audio.

John Sinclair is something that Ghorth introduced me to a while ago and you just made me remember that the second English episode should be out by now, so I'll have to look into listening to it as I was quite impressed by the first.

Edit: Yay, this is post 1000 for me! I'm now a swamp machine even though it's been years since I touched that game.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2015-09-05 20:12:42

I haven't been up to much lately, except for watching Star Trek the Next Generation and Doctor Who on Netflix. I'm also preparing for my birthday on the 10th.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-09-07 01:33:10

Lately, I have been playing with sapi tags and crashing eloquence for fun.

2015-09-08 02:25:53

Datajake1999 wrote:

Lately, I have been playing with sapi tags and crashing eloquence for fun.

How is crashing eloquence fun?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-09-08 11:48:05

@pitermach, I've heard good things about fairytale.
@Blindncool, I definitely approve of startrek tng and especially doctor who (well so long as it doesn't involve Steven moffat big_smile).

Well as for me, I do have something of a rather odd announcement this morning, but sinse it's now sort of official I should say something.
People have probably noticed that my mind hasn't exactly been on games lately, indeed lots of stuff has come out from pawprints to danger on the wheel that i just haven't played much at all. This is because of a rather major change in my life recently.

A change that takes the form of a very wonderful person, (and an incredibly good soprano). "girlfriend" isn't really a term I'd use (sinse I've had a lot of female friends), but I will say we love each other, which makes first time for me, she's even not bothered about my genophobia, or rather is quite prepared to take things gently.
She reads probably as much as I do (is a big Sanderson and Robbert Jordan fan), and to say we are friends is putting it mildly, sinse it's remarkable how much we have in common.

Ironically, she actually is blind, (which surprised me sinse I wouldn't have assumed I'd have felt this way about another blind person), indeed though she's never particularly run into audiogames I know at least one person on this forum has spoken to her previously, although she's extremely compitant.

We're taking things fairly slowly as I said, sinse her situation at the moment is a little delicate for various reasons, but assuming things work out will probably attempt living together at some point next year, ---- and perhaps more, though we're trying to not get ahead of ourselves too far.

She's certainly in favour of trying games out, indeed as someone who reads she'll probably appreciate some of the cog/hg stuf, as well as other gamebooks, though hay having separate interests is a good thing anyway.
I'd probably better stop this post before I go and say something horribly cliched, but yes, I admit I'm fairly stunned by this, and it probably explains why I find it a little difficult to concentrate on survivers of a plane crash in the snow or dodging nasty hazards in my super speedy car big_smile.

2015-09-10 10:23:51

Hi everyone.
@Dark, wow, that's wonderful. I'm really pleased for you and hope it works out.

As for me, I've also had a very busy few months, hense why I've not been on the forum as much as I would have liked. I've had a lovely Summer break, starting with a trip to Center Parcs in Sherwood, which was incredible! We rode tandems, went swimming, ate a lot of lovely food and just had a great time. After that, I didn't do too much to speak of a part from preparing for my last year of college before university, which is something else I'm really looking forward to. I got my results in August which, thankfully, were really quite good. That motivated me to work extra hard this year, which I've already started doing. I got back to college on the 6th of September, and so far it's been going rather smoothly.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2015-09-10 16:13:34

@Lauren,  I'll admit to being very, very confused about how I'm even in this situation, I keep expecting to wake up and find I've dreamed the hole thing. Things are a bit complex at the moment due to her living arraguements, and also we don't want to rush into things too much, (although I confess we've both had our flights of fancy),  but hopefully things will work out soon enough. I could start on a long and probably for most people rather cliched and nauseating diatribe on how much I love her and how just plane astonishing it is that she feels the same way, but I suspect that would not be welcome.
Indeed, on the cliches score I'll say we've had our own share of corny, but entirely honest and well meant lines over the phone between us, though I suppose that is why such things are cliches big_smile.

@Lauren, what universities are you applying to? I'd be interested to know, indeed while I think you did tell me what your doing at colidge I went and forgot.
Glad you enjoyed center parks. it's odd, my parents live in Nottingham which is where I grew up and still spend time occasionally (it's where I am right now),  but while I have done some of the things like tales of robin hood or touring nottingham castle that you can do around here, (some of the medieval stuff is rather nice, when I ws a maurice man there was even a mumming play), I haven't actually been to Center parks.
It always does sound fun, and I know people who have been, but I've never done it myself which is odd.

Last night I went to a really interesting talk and demonstration on the symphany, intended for people who don't know about classical music. I do actually now know a lot of things I didn't previously, although ironically the two favourite composers of the ones he played were Chikovski and Beathoven, the two the conductor giving the talk most described as emotional wrecks big_smile.
Then again I always find Mozart far too precise and mathematical without the emotion, and Marler a little too blatantly trying to be clever for the sake of clever, though i will say I won't think of Hiden in quite the same way.

I've actually got lots of stuff going on sinse there is that feel the force scifi convention on the 10th of October, Brandon Sanderson is giving a talk on the 17th, and I've got another vocal studdies and performance course on the 24th. Actually I'm really! looking forward to that one sinse my lady and I are going to be doing "one hand one heart" from Westside story, which could be quite something.

While we were at the aims music school we did "little fall of rain" from Les Miserables, which managed to have everyone in teers, although I did make the point why the heck does Eponine get all the singing rather than MArius when she's the one who is supposed to be dying big_smile.
Still, if your madly in love with an extremely tallented soprano and your a tenor you might as well take advantage, and there is no denying that my lady and I have chemistry, albeit most of what I had to do as Marius was hold her up while she sang big_smile.

2015-09-11 11:17:42

@Dark, I'm applying to York, Leads and Hull. I'm planning to stay closer to home as while I enjoy boarding, it's not so fun being 200 miles away from home. I'm studying to become a therapist of some sort, as I've always wanted to help people.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2015-09-11 12:56:33

@Lauren, good luck, any idea which sort of therapist? Funnily enough my lady is a trained councillor and it's something she wants to continue doing in this country if she can (though I have to say the british Association of councillors and psychotherapists has the world's most annoying! phone waiting message). york has a lovely campus, actually one of the nicest I've seen. i will say when I was there the disabilities adviser was a right arse hole, he asked me "why aren't you doing computer science that's what blind people usually do"
(which I did not like), but it is entirely possible that the position has changed sinse then (sinse that was over 10 years ago), and you can circumvent disability services at university by sorting stuff yourself, which was what I did myself.

I would actually advise you very much to look at living in University, even if you come home at weekends. Yes, you will be home sick for a while, everyone is, but it's the best way to make a lot of friends, and have a good time, and engage in a lot of fun student things, whatever you fancy doing, choires, rock climbing, learning bridge whatever, there will be societies and a lot of people who will want to do the same thing, plus students on average tend to be a very nice and entirely accepting bunch.
I do know one chap who actually did go to leeds university, but bussed in every day to his lectures, and basically missed things completely, sinse it was just like going to school for him, he went in, worked and left, and he didn't make any friends or really do much at all.

I actually made some of the best friends I've ever had through living in at university, it's also great practice for living on your own sinse stuff like meals will be provided, but a few other things such as bed making and making your own drinks as well as getting around, you'll need to do yourself.

It's up to you of course, but really I'd strongly! recommend living at uni, it's the best way of taking control of your life and you'll have a far better time, and you can always pop home for visits (my brother went home every fortnight in his first term), as well as phone your parents when you need.

I know it seems a big thing, and there is a lot you need to learn, but trust me, it's much better in the long run and will really! mean making the most of your time at university, and put you in a better position when you've finished.

Any questions, feel free to askk.

As for me I've got to dash off, sinse guide dogs association are having a big campaign about getting announcements on busses, so I'm going to try and collect signitures.

2015-09-13 16:51:10

Hello everybody. In my previous reply to this topic I said I had a computer question, but then I thought I'd edit that part out because I figured I'd be able to find the answer elsewhere. Well, quite unfortunately that hasn't happened so here's the situation. I seem to have run low on disk space or memory or whichever you prefer, on my MacBook Air and I think I got some misinformation from a user on another website. I won't mention the user in question just in case they are on here, but I seriously doubt it. I recently finished importing my vast CD collection into iTunes using a SuperDrive which I got for Christmas last year. This problem seems to have started right after that, which makes me think it has something to do with the way in which I imported or something else with iTunes. That's also what somebody else told me. My memory has gone from 120.11 gb down to about 5 or so gb, and I need to install some software updates on here but can't because there's not enough room. I've checked if there's any artwork perhaps left over from these CD's, and I've done some other things but VoiceOver keeps reporting about 5 or so gb. My Mac is totally usable otherwise, which is partly why I am so concerned about this. I'm happy to contact AppleCare, but I'm pretty sure my free trial has run out and I don't want to unnecessarily incur an extra cost on my parents' credit card. I know there's a way to access some kind of terminal on here with VoiceOver, but aside from that I'm clueless as to how to fix this issue. Any help greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me privately if this is too off topic. Life has been rather chaotic lately, but I will respond as soon as possible.

2015-09-13 18:46:20

Hello all,
I've been busy lately, it's certainly been a while since I've posted in this sort of topic.
In the summer I went to an event called H-Con in Southampton which was a more mainstream comic con style event, but small, so much so that it was actually very comfortable to get around, of course with sighted help at least for now. I met Chubacca and it seemed to be the same one from Feel The Force, he seemed to recognize me. We then found the milten keens garison table and I got to meet someone I'd been looking forward to meeting for quite some time, by the name of Julia and her other half Mark who both then kept encountering me for the rest of the day which was very epic, I also got to speak to a dalek from a communications point on Scaro, going back in time to before the time war even happened. It got very interesting as I spoke about recent events and the person doing the voice actually did an awesome improv with me, saying the daleks will utilize the data about the Doctor's new regenerations, and also when I asked which doctor was the most annoying, well, he said all of them. It turned out there wasn't a dalek there, which is why the Scaro communication point came up. From there we found a Xenomorph from the film alien, we found the Hill Valley Preservation society who let me feel some props such as hats and clocks from back to the future. I could go on forever here, but let's just say we found some droids, some stuff from terminator which will definitely be at feel the force, and finally I met someone cosplaying as the grey warden from the game Dragon Age, which was awesome as she had a bow and such that I was aloud to touch, and even a health potion pickup item.
There was also an event called Jack up The Eighties, where I got to meet Timmy Mallet, an entertainer who used to be on tv. He was very funny. There was also some good music there too, although I've kind of forgotten who was there, but I remember a lot more about H-Con.
I can now say that I have a new games console, I went for the xbox one in the end because of the way Sony seem to be quite lackluster in Europe when it comes to getting downloadable addons and content for games out on time. I've been playing a lot of the new Killer Instinct, which is really quite cinematic in nature but is one of the most taxing games I've ever played because there's a constant concentration involved, as you can try to stop attacks even if you don't block them, instead of just watching yourself get comboed, so there's a lot happening that you have to keep track of. I've also preordered the game Lego Dimensions which comes out at the end of the month, as a more co-op affair that I can play with sighted help, as that game is going to be free roaming but there will be a lot of things to do in it, with franchises such as Back to The Future, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, DC Comics, Lord of the Rings, Lego Movie Jurassic World, Portal, and other stuff represented, fourteen different ones. What I like about this though is that it's one of these games that uses figures, and at first when I heard about this I was really scepticle, because in the past you basically had to buy your way to even access one level, in games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity, but the Lego Dimension starter pack will give you several levels based on all the franchises, using Batman, Wildstile and Gandalph to complete a story quest that spans them all. There are other elements that make this game more value for money than the rest of these toys to life games, but to try to explain them could take quite some time so I'm just going to leave it for now, but one last thing in here: the whole game is voice acted.
On that note I'm going to also leave this post here, as it's getting incredibly long, but that's me getting busy, and looking forward to going to Feel The Force in October and also playing with Lego later this month.

2015-09-13 19:36:43

@Aaron, that convention sounds cool. Can you please give more details to the feel the force convention sinse I'm definitely planning on going myself, as might be my brother and some other people I know, I might even see about going in costume.
I know it's tenth of october in Peterborough, but do you need to book a place or anything? Also what time and where exactly?

The Scaro communication I'm very jealous of, I'd definitely have fancied a go at that, though I can't complain sinse at the who convention I went to a few years ago I got to not just meet, but also drive a full sized dalek.

As for me, well other than some very long phone conversations and rather surprising discussions with my lady, I've been rather busy with the guide dog campaign I mentioned in the other thread, the effort to get signatures to the petition for announcements on busses which will then be delivered to the five top bus companies in the country and to the government. yesterday and Friday I spent a couple of hours standing around in Nottingham city practicing my voice projection as I asked people to sign the petition.  It was very hard work, especially sinse despite my liking for being on stage I'm actually rather shy (especially in crowds), but I found a technique which tended to work rather well, and I did collect about 50 signatures on friday and about 90 on saturday, indeed between myself, my mum, my dad and my brother we've managed to get 650 sigs between us which should certainly help.
Of course whether the fat cat bus mogals and the idiot chair stuffers at Westminster take any notice is anyone's guess, but you can't say I haven't done my part :d.

In other news, I heard the LAst adventure special from Big finish. This was an attempt to do the 6th doctor's regeneration. Other than his rather pointless new companion called Constance, (who we had one story with), I thought the hole thing was awesome, but then again I've always been a big fan of both the sixth doctor, and the Valeyard. Indeed I confess for personal reasons several lines from that just hit me rather hard.

I'm now about to catch a train back up north, and should hopefully get a lot of nice grubbage owing to the ticket being first class.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to play some more games and get some site work one, though i find it very hard to concentrate on anything that doesn't relate to my lady at the moment. The bit in the dark tower where rowland says he was addicted to a drug, well that's sort of the state I'm in right now, though even more confusingly, so is my lady as well.