2015-09-01 01:07:07

Hi, I downloaded Cool edit pro but I find that it is inaccessible. can anyone tell me how to make accessible. thanks

Pics or it didn’t happen

2015-09-01 01:22:33

The only version I have experience with is 1.2 from 1999 or so, over fifteen years ago. That version was pretty much accessible except for things that you would know wouldn't be. I have absolutely no experience whatsoever with anything more modern.

2015-09-01 01:34:46

@gamesmaster

CoolEdit is obselete and its screen reader support is nonexistent.

You get more luck with Goldwave which is screen reader friendly and still supported.

m

2015-09-01 07:30:03

I have a cool edit pro version edited by a person called Marko Hardmire. That version of cool edit pro is very accessible with both Jaws and NVDA. I use cool edit pro so much and it is the only sound editor which suited my needs. If this program isn't compatible with windows 10 UI, I highly doubt I will upgrade to windows 10. The application we're talking about I can say is not cracked but modified. in respect to forum rules I can't publically send it to you, but send me an email if you want to get it.

2015-09-02 00:26:40

Hi.
I can vouch for goldwave.
I havn't hit the recording part but I have used it for effects.
I don't have the latest 64 bit v6 version as I have 32 bit.
Its 40 bucks bbut its a lifetime licence.
Its got a cd reader which uses the gracenote system, same as itunes and also the free cddb system that nero6 used so its quite good for that function which is what I use it for.
Compaired to some of the vi solutions like studio recorrder you need to do a few things to get all the controlers working and it has its querks but for 40 bucks its really good.
I have loaded on several systems I have used for stuff, from xp through to 7 and its really ffast even on a single core 1.0 ghz with 1gb ram on xp home.
My only gripe is that there are vary few effect plugins for it though it has lots of its own.

2015-09-02 08:13:30

Yes, I love gold wave, but only for some effects. It's not good for mixing. Well maybe I couldn't get used to it.