2015-08-31 03:15:13

Hi everyone.
Well it's pretty clear I want some new muds to play lol. I will list the ones I have played give me some new ones please? I've played:
prometheus: the eternal wars, miriani, star conquest, epitaph online, valhalla, clok mud, flux world, star wars mud, ardwolf, alter aeon, matermagica, otherworld: the land of tirnail, new worlds, vast space(when it was available), 3 kings, cyber assault, project bob.
I want to play more muds I just don't have the time to try muds one after another to see if their accessible. So if you know of any muds please tell me about them I'd really appreciate it.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-31 05:56:45

Hello.
a question, all that muds are fully accessible?
I only played  alter aeon, materiamagica, miriani, prometheus: the eternal wars, clok mud and flux world.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-08-31 06:27:13

Hello Fabig94.
No not all muds are accessible some have graphics and can't be played. All the muds I listed are accesiible I've played them all and they all work.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-31 06:43:56

Hello.
thanks by your reply.
Greetings.

2015-08-31 10:39:38

You could try wayfar1444, its a mud where you are a colognist and need to build a cologny on one of a number of planets. You can have normal buildings but also you can craft items to do other stuff with for instance fishing. You have tools to harvest resorces, You can even have civillians living in your colognies, I think but I dunno how that works. You can make vehicles, both on ground and flight vehicles and build starships to travel in space for instance, you could get an environmental eva suit and explore moons for resorces, I even think you can kill pirates on those moons. I think there's some pvp involved, but I'm pretty sure that its opt in only.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-08-31 20:31:23

hi connor. what's the connection info for wayfar?

2015-09-01 05:54:31

Oof, and I thought I went around in regards to muds.  Well I probably do but...uh, moving on. 

Honestly the only muds I still play "actively" are Lost souls, and well actually that's mostly it.  I've gotten to playing Materia magica and Avatar mud again since I never gave them a fair playthrough but anything else I just use as a chat client.  Honestly when one explores a lot of different muds, you start too see how boring some of the more populis muds are.  I liked games LIke Altaraeon before, but after a while, you can spot some of the dated stuff they had that they try to put behin dnew systems, despite it either working worse or overpowered compared to before.  And honestly the space muds ar ekind of missing more interactive planet exploration and battling, why I also liked exploring around Wayfar, since there was things to hunt down and explore on foot as well as flying around in space.  Most muds just strictly focus on the space part, and put the most routermentary land combat or exploration system on the ground. 

Though based on the previous post beforehand, You should totally play Wayfar, as it offers something different, and a fun little project. To do on the side while you play other games.  Even better that now you can setup things for your colonists to do while your gone, but I think it's still being worked on to make them more independent.  Empireud 2.0 is also another coonizing mud with some exploration and combat put in within a fantasy setting.  Honestly the main draw is creating a vast kingdom of players and npc workers, but the hack-and-slash part is also fairly well done for being a side focus of the mud. 

And for the mud I've actively played most often for the past year and a half, Lost souls is a different, but difficult gae to try out.  Think the main difference that honestly makes the game harder to start off than ost is that wearing pieces of equipment doesn't make you a killing god because they boosted your hitroll/damroll up.  Nonono, I've honestly found that type of equipment system utterly stupid considering the items that somehow make you hit better, or underwear that increases cold save for your entire body.  On the first end, that means your character is a useless blob that can't accomplish anything without items, making the items define the player, and not the character itself.  The other end is ust laziness to introduce a layer system into a game. 
    Equipment on lost souls acts more like a boost to your physical capability instead of a defining feature.  And the items that do increase abilities to hit or cast tend to work on percentage off your natural stats and skills invested.  meaning you can't be a master archer with equipment that helps with fous or bows that help with aiming if you naturally suck at using bows.  It goes off your current knowledge, not always just adding to it.  Also armor tends to be layered to the body part it overs, since attacks, unless they hit for full body, usually hit parts of your body which takes damage.  Granted, there are items that provide ac and resistances to your entire body, but those are magical wards and specially enchanted or divine equipment that tend to break reality.  not a random piece of underwear that somehow reduces cold damage by 25% for your entire body.  More on he line sof magical ward rings, or equipment that setup auras.  (or my favorite, gems that painfully embed into your body all over, doing massive damage wearing them and usually lead to death if they are somehow forcively removed  The high ac boost is nice though if you survive). 

Since you already played material magica, I won't bother explaining that since I'm also new, but the fact it romotes group play for the community over solo elitism idiocy (The dudes who are chill about people getting friends to kill a mob meant for a group are not the idiots being refered to, just the durps who make fun of said group formations).  That might be due to the fact bosses tend to wreck things too fast to take all the damage yourself in one go, or require a group with a vast aray of skills not available to every person due to the number of lass types within the four class types.  (arcane blindness, divine blindness, and psionic blindness all hit different things for example).  I guess this would turn away the soloing crowd a bit, but why play an ud if you were going to play it as a single player game?  The problem might be when you can't form formations to take down these bosses, but there's also areas and bosses in many o the level ranges for people to solo, and are still challenging if soloed.  (Also me thinks those types of mobs don't give marks or the boss kill reward if you do them in a group). 

Eesh I said I wouldn't explain much on mm, and there I went and did it.  Avatar mud was the last one I think I mentioned, and I think it falls under the same mindset as material Magica, promoting group play to take down things that would tear a solo person a new one, but I think provides a lot more soloing oppritunities once you get up there within the hero/lord range to survive the areas alone.  Think the only issue with the mud is that theres not really an elemental process for spell types.  I don't think a fire-looking attack counts so much as a fire attack.  but I always thought aster classes were too boring to pay as they were the strongest to kill things.  The fact though there's active players willing to group ofen though during the days they're up is nice for the social and group players to pick up.  Also the challenge race of imps is fun as it's quite rewarding to take the weakest thing imaginable and turn it into a Pain elemental, one of the best races in the game.

Shrug, if you want connection info for any of the list games, I'll provide them later.  need to go do something in regards to cooking.

2015-09-01 08:09:22

End of the line is interesting. As is that mud with around 1000000 levels and dragonball based thing...I think it was called uh. I can't remember. but there were all these dragonball themed races and you could choose one and it had missions and reincarnations and stuff...wish I could remember.
Tsunami is another good one. You can try storm hunters too. lost souls is interesting if you have the patients for it. Retromud is fun too. Ifmud is a server you can play interactive fiction on, just because they felt like hosting one. 7th plane is interesting for the crafting. Aarchon is stoc, but they've got a cool remort system. Batmud is cool but last I checked the overworld map was inaccessible. 3Scapes is an offshoot of 3k. They have no-qinfo-sharing rules, if you're into that. Um...I think the dragon ball was called dragon ball: evolution. I remember the address being evolution.wolfpaw.net. The unoficial squaresoft mud is based in the final fantasy series and secret of mana. You should probably check it out. Ancient anguish is lp, which for most times means fun and unique content. Eternal fantasy is another final fantasy thing. There was one called new moon or something, it's kind of fun I guess. You do quests. Similar is asylum. It's kind of hard in that you can die whenever the world wants to laugh at you, but still it's cool. Um...I can't really remember any more right now.

This is not a signature.

2015-09-01 08:21:55

so what connection info for wayfar? I really want to play this mud! i like that's sounds!

2015-09-01 10:58:59

@Wyvern, why play single player on a mud? because at the moment muds are the largest rpg games accessible. Believe me, I'd love! to play a single player rpg where I got to be the main character and have a story for them, but there just isn't much of that sort of thing out there, so muds are the best substitute you can find at the moment. This is why I still admire alteraeon sinse unlike materiamagica and several others you can! solo quite successfully and don't have to group at all. Personally, I'm not into grouping much less rp sinse I! want to explore the world myself, enjoy the atmosphere and descriptions and not be dragged around or have others depend upon me, I don't mind if other people want to group, different strokes etc, however I don't like the idea of being forced to just to progress. I'll admit that even though hack n slash games like Aardwolf are pretty wysiwyg as far as they go I'm quite happy with them for a quick blast just for the world and tasks and such, providing the writing is there. Of course if the writing or atmosphere doesn't appeal to me, the game wont' either, which was my issue with cyber assault. Actually while a game with interesting abilities and locations and activities is great of course, I'm quite happy to do a monster pounder provided the description and atmosphere is there.

Anyway, enough woffle,  The website for Wayfar144 is Here That will tell you all about the connection info.
I did enjoy wayfar, but I found once my colony was setup I lost much interest in the game, plus I still!wish the developer would make   a way to search for certain biomes specifically and know where they are other than using the ascii map (you don't need it for movement at all but unfortunately it's the only way to see what biomes are around you). It's a bit of a pest having to run all over a massive planet looking for some sand! big_smile

I should give the game another go though sinse I did have a lot of fun building different devices and seeing my colony go from a hut in the wilderness to a full industrial complex. Then again for that sort of wilderness exploring and survival I much prefer Clok these days, despite the very different setting.

Empire mud's website is Here I will confess I had a rather bad experience with the game, but again I need to give it another try.

Another mud I have tried recently is frandom, website Here and topic in new releases Here
It's got a rather unique approach sinse while combat is farely rudimentary, combat is not the game's focus, it's all about the quests and tasks and exploring which is nice indeed. It rather reminds me of a very large dos style rpg game, though a little less random.

Antoher game I enjoyed is six dragons, which has some great access fixes and crafting, but I don't know where development is with that one. website is Here

A really nice and well described world, with lots of different races, and some great exploration, a shame development seems to have fallen off.

I'll admit I'm not up on muds as much as some people, indeed rampant miriani style piracy or inforced rp puts me off a lot of space games (one reason I'm really! looking forward to stellar aeon), but I have had some fun with muds none the less.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-09-01 13:55:44

Hi
@dark the link of six dragons does not work.
Greetings and thanks.

2015-09-01 22:40:05

Sorry Fabi. I forgot that while I did  go and find the new link to the game, that was on my desktop which then whent caputski.  Try this one

Actually I wish the dev would come back on site for a discussion, sinse I'd love to chat about the game,  particularly sinse while I got through the tutorial fine once I didn't the second time, and it's a game which really could do with more players especially for crafting and trading crafted items.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-09-02 00:43:27

Thanks you very much Dark.
This link if it works.
Greetings.

2015-09-02 02:03:36

I don't want this to turn into a 'go forth and rant about why I hate <insert controversial mud here>' topic but... I never saw any sort of cohesive atmosphere on aardwolf. Iirc you can fight a slice of watermelon somewhere, and go into some weird outer space thing... it's just silly. But... whatever.

Muds are pretty much all accessible, I don't think I've ever seen a mud that uses 100% graphics, to the point where it's unplayable. You might get stuff where you can't entirely remove the prompt or something silly like that, but as far as I know, the most you'll get with graphics on muds is ascii descriptions, and you'll generally get a text one, too. There are graphical muds, but I've always felt that those are separate enough from mu*s to be some sort of far removed subcategory.

As for new muds... Could you be a bit more specific? What exactly is it that you're looking for in a mud? Pvp? Stock diku hackNslash? RP? Crafting? There are muds (multi-user dungeons) and then there are sort of... branches of that, like mush (multi-user shared hallucination... or something like that) and muc, which stands for something I can't recall right now. Those are more rp oriented, and I think I could suggest a few if that's what you're in to. Before the dawn (contemporary setting, draws inspiration from stuff like Dresden, and some other stuff, Dresden is the only one I'm familiar with), burning post 2 (inquisition, with actual mages and demons and all the related baggage that it implies. It's very realistic and very entertaining. You can even be a bard and wander around telling crazy stories, or a chimerest, scientist, and annoy the religious masses by ranting about geometry and how you've just come up with this innovative new concept called radians... and hope you don't get burned as a heretic...). It's very hard to suggest rp intensive stuff like this because it depends on what you're interested. I could give you a diverse list and still miss what kind of setting you like to rp in completely.

As for muds, lost souls is really great if you're willing to take the time to learn. Fair warning though, you will die a lot before you start doing things right, and I don't think anyone has ever successfully played their first character -- I got myself blown up by enough displeased deities enough times that the amount of gold required to fix me was just unreasonable. I've played aethar which is a lot more generic but not bad for its genericness, seventh plane (lots of skill/spell grinding, especially as a mage), empire mud (now in beta, very unique, with lots of building, crafting, city management, and balanced pvp and mob slaying), four dimensions (very awesome puzzles, great descriptions, some really unique stuff, like driving around vehicles, or charging around in the primeval forests of post-history wielding a laser rifle... and, did I mention, the puzzles/quest/writing are all very amazing)... ponders... end of time (somewhat FF oriented, but everything is well documented, so it's not intrusive if you don't know anything about Squaresoft), yugioh (cool game, but I wish more work would get done on it *nudge*hopefullythedeveloperisreadingthis*nudge*). Those are all the ones I can think of that grabbed my interest meaningfully, but I could probably look through this giant folder and scrounge up a couple others.

Sorry for the rambling post, and I hope you find a mud that you enjoy! (Mud connector has great filters for finding muds, and top mud sites too, although they have lots and lots of dead muds, so I usually use TMC if there's something not-so-specific that I'm looking for.)

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-09-02 05:01:10

I'll say that, if the space system of Stellar Aeon is what it will be in-game, it's... not very good. Output consists of a lot of numbers, not a lot of flavor text, I have no idea how to Asteroid mine, and even if I did I don't think it'd be too fun...
Planets really don't have any functional use right now other than upgrading your ship. So yeah, not much of a game at the moment. As it says when you login. I just wanted to let people know that it's very infincy now.

2015-09-02 05:54:19

@Soulkeeper:   Ah, if I remember right, I walked in when you were trying to summon one of Cthulhu's followers, and got psychically exploded...violently.  Fun times.

The Mud connector, and Topmudsites website are useful in finding muds you want.  If its based off codebases for mud types, or certain atagories of themes or games, it'll help you find one...hopefully fairly active or populated. 

@Dark:  Something tells me you haven't gone very far on the mainland then.  The soloing aspect tends to die really really fast after a while of exploring areas outside of Ralnoth.  You'll reach places that'll hit you multiple times for 300-400 damage a hit, through sanc, and require more and more equipment that are also blocked by ungodly brutal (and cheap) mobs.  It'll reach a point unless you are going to join groups to get those pieces, exploring some of the areas becomes a hellish affair.  IN all honesty, soloing those areas takes an approach of more number stat grinding and item collecting, vs exploring.  Asking someone where the obscure pieces that do not always load tends to reward better than finding stuff you get from exploration as again, some hints and entrances are obscure enough to be missed easily even if actively searching.

....Also Altaraeon relies way too much on equipment, and I already voiced my opinions on equipment heavy muds like that.  The fact your nothing without wearing the underpants of power also leads to difficulty when your set does not match the area difficulty, despite having the levels for it.

I found muds that were not so eq heavy tended to have much more solo chances.  7th Plain was not as eq heavy, as armors and weapons were built from natural resources, and the default crafts of the stuff tended to be fine.  Going into magical enchanting is where things got different, but most of these were useful mainly for elements one was not resistant to, or weak.  Lost souls I already wentover with equipment relying on your own abilities/stats/skilsl and not defining you.  And a few other muds like Hellmoo, or Wayfar also rely on your natural skill and stat spread for the items and weapons to provide bonuses.  Thing I noted from these muds is tha it's doable to solo harder areas on your own if you are setup to take it on properly.  But the fact strength comes from self-improvement instead of hunting down items from all corners of the hellish lands they reside in, one can realistically play solo on these muds from creation to retirement, mainly using groups to exp faster or have fun with friends. 

Oi, my wandering mud examiner self is being challenge by Dhruv and Soulkeeper.  I thought I went around more than most people, I was wrong.  If I have to throw another mud that might be interesting, I suggest helping Revive GodwarsII.  Granted, the main coder seems to be M.I.A due to having a child, and the place is empty.  But haing a fairly balanced PK mud active again would be fun, and the combat system is very very different from most muds as it's active combat instead of passive.  Stuff like attack with a weapon requires you to imput a command instead of being automatic hits, along with raising your defensive guards higher, and special combat and power attacks.  Still slightly wish the lich class was worked on before the family hiatus, but it's understandable for the absence.

2015-09-02 10:34:16

On Alter, maybe mainland is different, though I have heard balancing to solo correctlyis being worked on. I will admit I don't enjoy eq balancing but that's mostly because I simply do not enjoy looking through a giant list of information or items and picking out the best set, it takes me entirely out of the character and situation and place, after all I am pretty sure actual! medieval knights and soldiers didn't wander around trying to decide if the plus three armour rusty enchanted good quality iron breastplate of force was better than the splendid shining leather jerking of fire resistance. Really D&D has lots to answer for.
That is the principle reason I quit aardwolf, I actually liked the areas, and the fact that you could basically dip into little bits of full fantasy or down right weerdness, fighting everything from orc chieftains to your own unconscious (it reminded me of Eamon), however I was not going to sit and look through giant eqlists of doom until I found a resistant set.

While I don't particularly mind how the eq system of a game works, I do prefer if the eq system is fairly obvious and you don't need to massively minimax, sinse personally I prefer actively participating in combat with moves and spells and such than just having to wander the world in search for different bits of turtle shell then let the events play out. I've not played hellmoo (and never will), but I agree this was a nice fact in Wayfar1444, that you basically could build equipment logically and use it, though I don't know how it worked with pvp.
This however again is something I like in Clok, sinse while Clok does have equipment values, they're all pretty obvious and possible to work out logically, eg, if your going somewhere cold you need a warm cloak, there are just a few categories of armour and some of them are a real incumberence unless you know wat your doing, indeed I like the fact that in Clok equipment is part of the world, not a separate numerical minimaxing exercise. As to rp, well I've got nothing against it generally, but to be honest I don't personally see the point of rping in a massive online world where your just one of  thousands of players, sinse how do you get a plot or story? and however good the admins, no program can be completely adaptable to everything you want your character to do.If I'm going to rp I'd rather do it with a propper gm and some friends around the table, not just being one in a crowd.
Of course if people want to rp online, fare enough, it's just less my thing as compared to the tabletop variety.

As to Steller aeon aurin, well I thought it was currently in closed alpha? If you've played the alpha, then maybe pass these concerns onto Dentin. I will say space is pretty hard for flavour text, but I'm sure more could be added, I also do  remember he said something about propperly explorable planets though that might have to wait for a few updates.

2015-09-05 14:12:12

im interested in any anime pvp muds with sound packs that people my have played before like dragon ball or bleach. also are there any card game pvp muds other than yugioh out there? thanks for any suggestions

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-09-06 00:49:57

GuitarMan, you mentioned Star Wars muds. As a massive Star Wars fan this certainly peaks my interests. Which Star Wars Muds would you, or anyone, recommend?

2015-09-06 07:06:21

Hey all,
One mud I can say I play is avalon rpg it use  to be a payed mud, but they just recently made it free to play. This mud has many different classes, player run citys and god orders and a warfare system, and you can craft stuff and their is magic classes as well alot of fun we have a few blind players on their that do very well. avalon-rpg.com port 23 If you have questions, just ask. and also they have a very very helpful player base and gods as well.
Thanks
Kevin Roberts

2015-09-06 10:17:47

I've looked at avalon, but my one question is about combat spam. The combat sounded fascinating, but if there is no low spam mode or similar I do wonder about how you get information to play tactically, or are the combat rounds slower than on most muds? Indeed I'll say I prefer muds with slower combat with actual tactics than ones like aardwolf or cyber assault where the combat is super fast and you need to  basically right your own entire interface with scripts and such in order to have any chance at all of making sense of it quickly enough.

2015-09-09 05:51:39

hi, please recommend good starwars mud anyone. Thanks.

2015-09-09 11:13:27

I also play on Clok, but, I'm looking for a mud which is heavily crafting oriented and not a pvp mud.  I don't know if such a thing exists, but, if by some rare chance there is one, please pass it along.  I played wayfar, and still do from time to time, but, like Dark, I find it less fun once the colony is all built.  Last time I was on there, you could not really do anything much with your citizens, so, that took away from the fun for me.  If I'm honest, the older I get, the less violence I want to see.  I just want to cook, build things, plant things, work with animals, ... boring stuff like that.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2015-09-09 11:33:52

That's personally my problem with Avilon. They say it's super craft oriented, great rp, but all I saw in the half a month or so I was on there was pvp, 'u want help with er class' and stuff about gemquests (also pvp). SO yeah there's rp, but all of it seems to be in one way or another conflict oriented, which sucks. Anyways, have you tried out empire mud?

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-09-10 11:08:48

Wayfar recently added the Stockpile Warehouse, allowing your colonists to gather resources for you, but you have to start and stop them.
They're adding priority orders to Robots and a job interface for colonists and fixing bugs, so development seems to be picking up.