2017-08-23 02:04:14

When I need to kill something like that and not destroy what it drops as well I'll use the laser blade or whatever. the one you have to hold down the space bar to charge up. then get in range of the boss and just open a can. Imo the magical edge is really only useful for killing the ball since you have to be right up on whatever you're trying to hit. I wouldn't want to fight much else that way. Trying to kill an end-game boss that way seems like it would be making things more difficult than they need to be.

2017-08-23 02:18:36

timing makes everything better tongue
but if you must use long range, the cat spear will solve all problems, just make sure if you're hitting something that'll drop an item you don't trigger the 4 hit combo by accident

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-08-23 10:42:18

thanks for the help. I got it with the hyper buster in the end. Nice to have a tricky challenge again even if it were frustrating as hell at times.

2017-08-23 17:50:54

Hi!
I've posted a message on this topic, but it seems like I've done Something wrong since I can't see it on this page. Anyway I'll try to write it again.
I have several questions about bk3. I'll try to be as clear as possible but English is not my native language and mine is cetainly horrible so don't hesitate to correct me if it becomes a little confusing.
just in case it changes anything about thi answers, I'm playing with the translation pack, not with any add on like jgt or stuff like that.
1. A simple one to begin. I don't find any way to beat the boss in level 14.4. I've noticed that the weapons I had were able to damage him quite well, but he seems to anticipate and avoid my missils and bullets far better than I am for his laser shots. Maybe it's just the flying mechanic or fighting with the skyracer I don't get totaly but I only managed to put him to 50 percent health before getting destroyed. Any advice?

2. Wha is exactly the chaos version. Is it a mod, a soundpack, only another difficulty mode of the game? Where can I find it? And, finaly, is it interesting to play with it before finishing the game or do you recommande to finish it once first and apreciate it next since it is a totally different gameplay/storyline?

3. Do you know where I could find some kind of guide of secret areas/weapons/stuff? I don't want to read complete spoilers but just to have them in case I'm looking for Something precies or maybe when I beat the game, to find out things I could have missed. Another option would be to read all the posts here but... I'm afraid the number of pages speaks by itself, I'd need 2 or 3 years to make it untill thi end...
Thanks in advance for your help, sory for the loooooong post, and, as written before, for the low quality of my English!
Have a nice day,
Arkandias

2017-08-23 20:17:03

The chaos versions of BK2 and BK3 change how serton weapons and items work. Some levvels are completely different, 2 examples are 7-2 and 15-4. I do have them, but I think the links for them are down and I can't upload them thanks to my crappy internet connection. About the partical bomb, you get it in the chaos version, when you start 15-4. Have no idea how you get it in the normal version tho.
Hope it helps.

2017-08-23 20:27:59 (edited by flackers 2017-08-23 20:32:08)

The way I approach the devil guardian on 14-4 is as follows.
Check to see if its shield is up by opening your objects list and seeing if it's glowing red, or growing red as it actually says. It's not worth firing when it's in this state. What I do is fly at full speed at an altitude of 30 or higher to the edge of the screen. After the skyracer automatically turns, I check the objects list to see if the devil now has its shield down, and at what height the lasers and missiles it's fired at me are. Then I dive to below the height of the missiles/lasers, and  wait for the devil itself to get close. I check again to make sure it hasn't fired anything new at my new lower altitude, if so I dive a bibt more. After the missiles have past and the devil approaches, I rise and fire. Now it will put its shields back up, so rise back to 30 or higher, and again fly to the edge and after you turn, check objects to see what missiles are headed your way. Dive to avoid them. This time you just want to fly by because its shields are up, and turn again at the far edge, then check to see if it's shields are down. If you keep repeating this pattern, the DG is easy to beat.
Sorry I don't know anything about the chaos version.

2017-08-23 20:55:58

Yeah, chaos is cool. I'm up to stage 17 and loving it so far. My only complaint is that it's all in Japanese, but I guess that can't really be helped.

2017-08-23 20:56:32

my own strategy for that thing is slightly different, just circle it so you can hear what it's doing and you can tell by audio when it's shield goes down, but that requires you be very aware of just where you are on screen height wise so you don't fly right into a missile cluster

2017-08-23 21:29:14

I didn't know you could hear the shield. I'll listen for that next time I play that level. My approach probably is a bit over-cautious.

2017-08-23 23:39:39

you can indeed, it has a very distinct sound

2017-08-25 05:33:13

Hello.
I'm a little late to the BK3 party, but I'm glad I finally got the game up and running. I do believe this is one of the greatest if not the greatest audiogame I've ever played. That being said I do seem to have an issue. I've gotten quite a ways through the game. I'm now at stage 16 with quite a bit of gold. In a lot of the shops now I'm being asked to type in the quantity of an item I want to buy and numbers do not work. I know there's now a full English translation, I was just curious if you have to be able to input Japanese numbers or something in order to get those shops to work correctly because simply typing in a number doesn't do a thing. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

2017-08-25 06:46:55

you do have to press enter after those

2017-08-25 12:00:03 (edited by flackers 2017-08-25 12:02:10)

Not sure about the shops, but when entering specific amounts into the level up dialog, you have to press ctrl enter to get it to register.

2017-08-25 16:30:03

I do believe there's an addon that fixes that if you use nvda, I no longer have the link though
but I don't believe it's actually intended to be control enter, though I did forget about it

2017-08-25 19:56:06

I'll try control enter to see if that works. When pressing enter by itself I don't get anything either. Pressing tab like you have to do when putting in your character name doesn't help either. I do hope we can figure this out. I'll update when I know if control enter does anything.

2017-08-25 20:02:30

If control enter doesn't work, i've herd that shift enter works as well. That's what my friend uses anyway.

2017-08-29 06:31:18

Hi,
Hoping someone can answer this here.
I have heard roomers of a reverse hook on the forum,but haven't heard anything more. Does such a thing actually exist,and if yes, how does one go about getting it?
Any hints clues etc, as long as not overly vague wink are welcome.

I encountered the type in the number to enter only once when I tried to buy speed drink bottles, couldn't figure a way passed it so left them alone. lol never had enough gold to experience that with the rest.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-08-29 13:51:24

Hello,
Yes such a thing does exist. You have to beet the game first and then, as you go through the story again, you'll get it. Hope that helps.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-08-29 15:25:46

Hi,
@Jonnyboy1991, go through the story again as in, on the same normal mode? on the next mode or at a certain difficulty level?

Speaking of which. this is wierd, I get 1 xp for killing insects on stage 1-1 in normal mode. Which is fare enough considering I am l 107. now, when I choose to play the mode which turns enemy insects to 100 I still get 1 xp?
I would think a l1 insect would give you less xp at 100,but a 100 level insect ought to give you far more?
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-08-29 21:10:59

hi gryf
If I remember correctly, you need to play the game on the normal difficulty, and when you play it next on the difficulty of your choice, just get through stage 16, go back to the crafting shop which you unlock after beating stage 16. In the collection items menu, you should see a hook or something similar. Press enter to craft it. What this does is lets you hook down in addition to hooking up. Hope this helps.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2017-08-30 06:35:49

Hi,
Thank you,bryant.
I did see a option to craft the hook somewhere even now on the normal difficulty,but believe those are normal hooks,will try crafting one just in case its the reverse.
If not, will try playing through any other mode,and see if that gets me a option to craft a different hook that is the reverse hook instead. smile
Thanks again!

Follow me on twitter

2017-08-30 10:07:46

hi all now, whenever i start bk3 the latest version it is saying i need touponpdate the file, what's going on? it is doing this even when i put the dictionary in to the game folder. i have uninstalled the folder for the game, and tried it again, with no luck.

2017-08-31 15:08:59

Hello everyone,
I am trying to defeat the magical ball. I am only level 145 and I only finished the game once, so this might not be a good idea. I am not doing a lot of damage with the magical edge, but I found that if you destroy a piece of magic near the magical ball, it takes between 15 and 20% of damage. So I thought, maybe I could still manage to defeat it if I reflect it's instant kill lightning spell, destroy the piece of magic when it's near, and repeat the process 10 times.
What I wonder is, how to avoid it's fourth spell, the shadow canon-ball thing? Jumping abov it doesn't work, and if it touches me I'm dead. Am I forced to stay as far as possible from the ball when it's about to use it, or is there anything else I can do?

2017-08-31 17:42:09

hi
I don't stand when I m start mission 13
is no English
mission 13 is not translation?

2017-08-31 20:44:01

I just finished legend mode. I thought I read somewhere that there were bonus levels or something. Nothing has unlocked. Once you beat legend is that the end?