2015-08-25 09:06:08 (edited by ryok 2015-08-25 09:06:33)

HI guys. I'm thinking about buyinga mixer but I don't know which one shouldI buy.
I need me one that can connect 6 to 8 devices.
Also, I need to buy an external sound card which I can conect things to it and stream them in stereo.
thanks.

2015-08-25 13:36:52

I am also in search for a new mixer.
If you want to use it with the computer, I guess the mixer with usb is much better, so you can use it also as an audio interface.

2015-08-30 13:30:43

Though I am not a huge fan of them myself, I know Behringer have a bunch of reasonably priced mixers, that might be good for you. The sound quality isn't too bad for the price, and the effects generally aren't too bad. Another option would be a Yamaha, who generally make good mixers. Also what sort of devices would you be connecting? Do you want it to connect to the computer or just using it for something else?

2015-08-30 22:53:19

It really depends on how much you're willing to spend and how much time you're willing to invest in your setup.  If you want something under 300 US dollars, the Yamaha MG mixers are worth looking into since they provide stereo configuration, along with the focusrite scarlet2i2 or 4 models for audio interfaces, both of which, again, provide stereo configuration.  The Lexicon Alpha desktop is another audio interface that costs less but does just about the same functionality.
On the other hand, if you're willing to throw out thousands of dollars, well, I suppose anything will sound good at that price.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2015-09-02 22:26:16

Hey all.
Thanks for your replies.
@letsee. OK so, i want to connect to it  my laptop as well as my ps3, my iPhone and my Yamaha keyboard.
regards.
Ahmad

2020-08-09 10:49:28

Sorry if I'm reviving an old topic, but I was searching for topics about mixers, as I'm currently in the midst of building my pro-audio studio at home. I'm currently looking at getting some studio monitors, which I got to feel at Guitar Centre just last Friday.
I have a Behringer Xenyx-1622FX mixer that I got at a pawn shop back in March of this year. It has four phono connectors, so that I can plug in a sound card, which is, incidentally a Behringer UCA222. Are the Yamaha mixers shaped like soundboards, or is it like a small square box? I've seen really tiny mixers that accept four channels, and they are anlogue. The interfaces are small, metallic boxes that are pretty lightweight. The mixer I have right now is a soundboard with twelve channels, a submix, and a main mix fader.
When I helped run the soundboard for my high school's musical theatre programme, I used a board from the 1980's that had 32 channels on it. Talk about big! It was right next to the lighting console, located in a small booth in the back of the house. We had lots of external amps and receivers backstage because we had so many passive speakers and wireless microphones and headsets.
The mixer I have has a built-in USB interface, but unlike the Scarlet ones, they will only mix down to a single stereo track.
I am trying to go into business as a musician and creative artist, and because of COVID, there are some promising funding trends in the music and art industry doing well on-line, which is most likely going to continue, as the world doesn't want to lose musicians and artists to a pandemic. Source
But once it's safe to go out again, I'd like to do some gigs and live shows.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2020-08-09 13:28:25

Hi,

so, 6 to 8 devices and all of them in stereo makes up to 16 channels already, so you won't end up getting a very cheap mixer which suits your needs.
Depending on what you want (subgroups, master, USB interface included or not), I guess you'll end up $300 or higher.
I found out that having at least two subgroups which end up being stereo is nice to have two separate mixes, one for you to listen to e.g. your screen reader, TeamTalk and some music, and the master output just sending out what you want to record with your PC, like your mic and your music. That would of course require you to feed all those signals in independently, which is possible with some mixers, like my Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK, which is a multitrack mixer and allows for USB return and therefore offers 6 audio devices to Windows/Mac/Linux which you can handle separately. Thats nice, but won't be necessary for you if all you want to do is just connect that many different devices and mix them up together in a single stereo mix and play that one back to your PC.