2015-08-13 18:57:51 (edited by jyro22 2016-06-27 09:43:10)

Hello! I'd like to tell you about a new first person audio game for PC...

Edge of Winter -

Story:
In the medieval Kingdom of Uhorsko, a young alchemist named Dominik is summoned to assist in stopping a ravenous beast. Dominik's goals soon change as he discovers he has been bitten; cursed to become the very thing he has set out to stop. Now he must delve further into a dark castle in search of a cure, and cold answers to the enigma he finds himself entangled in along the way.

Artemis' Letter

Trailer Link

New Demo Link

Let's Play Demo Walkthrough Part 1

Let's Play Demo Walkthrough Part 2

Edge of Winter features:

-Full voice over dialogue, (voices of actors from Dragon Age: Inquisition and Apotheon on PS4).
-Full accessibility to blind gamers, No graphics
-Vast, medieval castle with open exploration
-Playable wolf form, cool gothic lore
-Puzzle solving, Item collecting and potion mixing
-Journal Entries, maps
-Dark, compelling mystery storyline
-Chilling soundtrack
-Controller support
-Releasing this month (August)

Link to reserve your full game:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c … 2UQFLRZAZQ

Gameplay: Edge of Winter focuses on puzzle solving and exploration. Store items in your inventory
return to previous paths when you have the means to gain entry (similarly to a Zelda game) and enjoy fully voiced
characters, compelling like a Myst game. Use your powers of alchemy and transform in the moonlight to overcome obstacles.
You really get a strong sense of where you are with the game's vividly unique places, storyline and characters. This game uses the keyboard completely, but can also be played with an XBOX360 game controller.

Requirements:
Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
200MB disk space, 512 MB ram
Direct X9 sound and graphics compatibility

Breakerbox Site
In other news, Steampunk Neverland: Clocktower Chronicles will be coming up next! Check out the site this week for more information on this fun game right around the corner!

2015-08-13 19:26:57

Hi Jyro,
Yes, I just purchased this game as well as Neverland when you announced it. I just hope that it actually comes out August. Did you get some talent to do the soundtrack as well? Last I checked, the BreakerBoxStudios site only listed your mobile games which are inaccessible. When are you going to put these games up, or at least the pages for them?
also i'm curious: As an Indie game developer, how did you attract the talent of the voices you have?

2015-08-13 19:35:22 (edited by jyro22 2015-08-13 19:37:01)

Hello, excellent questions thank you! Yes indeed. Edge of Winter is in finalization and Steampunk Neverland is programmed
and simply needs some dialogue from this point. I knew the actors personally and they were happy to join in the fun.
These games will be added to the website today! Thanks!

2015-08-13 19:40:38

shame no mac version though? so sad have to keep using windows to play these titles. is the castle large? shame not have to explore the whole city wink. also are their timed puzzles? i assume it is not as easy as just combining items all the time is their combat?

2015-08-13 20:02:18

Hi thanks, yes. PC. Indeed the castle is vast with secret passageways, traps, memorably locations such as a kitchen, library, courtyard, bedrooms, laboratory, dungeons, outdoor forest, catacombs, etc. There's a lot of neat aspects to item usage such as lock picking, transformations, potion mixing, some timed puzzles as well as some challenging scenery oriented puzzles.

2015-08-13 20:04:33

will you make a mac version?

2015-08-13 20:27:38

Well this sounds a good game. Have reserved my copy of this as it sounds like a game I would like to play. Don't normally do this where games are concerned until it is out but for this i've made an exception.

2015-08-13 20:40:34

i look forward to this title now i know more about it. would it just be a story mode to play it or do other modes exist too? also is their replay value once beaten?

2015-08-13 21:04:42

I hope i can play it! What's the distribution scheme? steam? are you just going to send us an installer?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2015-08-14 01:52:24 (edited by jyro22 2015-08-14 01:54:27)

Currently the game is PC only. If this changes, I will post about it.
For distribution, yes an installer will be sent to you via email smile
Story mode is the only mode of gameplay, since it is a story oriented game,
and sequences can be repeated or skipped at any time.

Below are some more Edge of Winter details which can also be found at breakerboxgames.webs.com on the home page.

Characters:

Count Artemis: The one who has summoned you to the castle. He intends for you to investigate the mysterious events which have befallen the kingdom recently. 

Filch Hoodwink: This crazy prisoner prattles on and is always hungry, but perhaps there is more to this old man than meets the eye.

Isabella: The daughter of the Count. She has been assisting you personally from a distance, seemingly unsure of any details regarding the recent attacks.

The World in Edge of Winter:

This castle is vast and treacherous. It has many kinds of places filled with secrets, items, traps and a beast which lurks through the night! Every place can be explored from the library to the kitchen, to the upper halls and bedrooms. From the depths of the dungeons and catacombs to the castle walls, chapel and more. Secrets wait to be revealed, but beware the curse.

The Escape:

Although you are a renowned alchemist, you are not without vulnerability. You must escape when found by the ravenous beast which lurks around the castle. Pay close attention to your surroundings.

The Curse:

Use the moon aura pools to transform into a frightening wolf creature and gain entry where your path has been previously impeded.

2015-08-14 01:56:49

will there be an unlock key that is machine specific? I change machines a lot that's why i'm wondering.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2015-08-14 03:04:00

Hello jyro breakerbox guy (lol),
This sounds like a great game and is in my list of possible purchases, but I would just like to know one thing. What are the game mechanics like? I'm sorry to say it, but the concept of a puzzle solving, menu driven, choice based audio drama immediately comes to mind upon hearing your description, and this concept is way, way, way overdone. I have been looking for good games lately, but all of the ones I find with good descriptions that have been coming out are either entirely text based gamebooks, muds or browser things, or more similar to this, choice based audio dramas such as the inquisitor series or codename signas. If this game is another one of those, it's not for me. I mean no harm in what I've said, I would just like to know what I'm getting into since there appears to be no playable demo.

2015-08-14 05:20:45 (edited by jyro22 2015-08-14 05:59:55)

Hi, excellent questions.
The key for the game will not be machine dependent, so you will be able to install the game on any and all of your computers.
Good news, this game is not a mud or game book. Although there are adventure elements such as pressing enter on objects or using items on objects and scene descriptions when needed, the game definitely focuses on real-time events and non-linear exploration.

Game elements:
-No text to speech
-Open, non-linear exploration
-Potion mixing
-real-time 3D environment sounds
-Timed puzzles
-Maps
-Direction facing

Adventure style elements:
-Choice replies
-Applying inventory items
-Voice over dialogue
-Puzzles

Thanks!

2015-08-14 07:47:42

Hi.
Wow... This sounds really really awesome. I'm going to purchase my copy soon. Normally I don't preordre games but we at leased know that it's comming out this month.
Wow. The voice acting sounds epic, and the puzzles sounds good and especially the exploreing.
Did I get that right that this game won't have any graphics at all? If yes, why? I mean, it would be awesome if sighted gamers also could enjoy the game with graphics.
I look very much forward to this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-08-14 07:55:57 (edited by jyro22 2015-08-14 09:13:36)

Hi SLJ thanks! 
Glad to hear it. We decided that an exclusive audio version of the game with no graphics was best in order to ensure that gamers with less graphical capability and higher sound capability will be able to run it with ease. However, we're definitely looking into options for combining multiplayer for both communities with other games in the future. Awesome.

2015-08-14 08:22:48

Wow. So then I'll tell my sighted friends about this release as well. Thanks for your answer.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-08-14 08:31:16

Hi again.
I'm currently looking at your website because I'm writing about your games to the danish blind community. Your website seems to be broken. I can't find any audiogames at all under the "games" link. What am I doing wrong? Or is your website having issues?

Best regards SLJ.

2015-08-14 09:18:46

If you try going to http://breakerboxgames.webs.com/ for now, you can find recent audio games on the home page.
As for breakerboxstudios.com, we will be making an update this weekend with pages for Edge of Winter and Steampunk Neverland.
Thanks!

2015-08-14 09:52:37

Ah, I see. Thank you. I just went to breakerboxstudios.com. smile
I've just ordred my copy of the game, looking so much forward to this...

Best regards SLJ.

2015-08-14 09:52:55

Well Hmmm, I did send a reply to this thread yesterday but the cyber elves seem to have lost it.
Firstly, I moved this topic because the game isn't out yet. new releases is supposed to be for literally newly released stuff, so when the game comes out, feel free to post in new releases.
Secondly I confess initially I was concerned whether this game is fully accessible, ie, all information needed to play is given through the audio alone what with the talk of 3D graphics etc, but I think that question has been answered in the preceeding replies if there is to be an audio version, so that is awesome!

Lastly, I have a question relating to  Slj's earlier question about the breakerbox website, will there also be pages for airic the clerric and for kirtwolf where the games may be downloaded and purchiced? That would be good sinse we've had some questions about both titles and the links in the database don't work currently.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the game myself, and will be happy to do any extra dialogue for Steampunk neverland you wish to send me. Unfortunately I will be unavailable for recording purposes until September because I'm going to the Aims music school for the next week and a half and shan't be back at my flat until after that point, however I'm at your disposal from then and I do appologise for the delay.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-08-14 14:56:23

Hi,

Ah, now i see that this was indeed the topic i replied to yesterday ... but as dark said the cyberelves didn't catched it ...

sad

@jiro

I ordered steampunk neverland already when you had send out the announcement a few months back. And after reading your email about this game and after listening the trailer and introduction audiofiles, i desided to pre-order this game as well.

When i have some extra money to spare i will order kirt wolf as well.

Keep up the awsome work man. I am a developer, but when i see your work, it remembers me taht i still have a long way to go.

big_smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2015-08-14 21:10:10

That's great to hear. I am now $14.99 poorer and hopefully one game richer in a week or two.

2015-08-14 23:36:26 (edited by jyro22 2015-08-14 23:36:56)

Yes indeed Dark, thank you! And good luck with your activities over the next weeks. I look forward to September when I hear some great new voice work from you for Steampunk Neverland stuff! Thanks everyone and Alec and Pelantas for reserving, I hope you enjoy this castle adventure!

2015-08-15 00:00:48

Hi.

I really like the voice acting in this one,so reserved a copy for myself.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-15 01:00:40

thanks brad, that's cool!
thanks for the words about developing mike!