2015-08-05 13:04:13

Hey Community!
Are there some good RPG-Muds outthere with a big focus on crafting and fighting?
Exploring is OK, but i am not such a big fan of finding ways. But with good and helpfull commands even this can be nice. Something like coordinates or directionshelping stuff. Or even regular speedwalkingcommands.
Maybe someone here got some ideas?

2015-08-05 13:49:07

If you want fighting and very very efficient speedwalks inbuilt into the mud, Aardwolf could be just what your looking for. It's probably the best pure combat mud I've ever seen, it's got randomly geerated quests, but finding your targets is not so bad, and you can always find where to go, also you'll never be lost because you carry a portal with you.

There isn't unfortunately any crafting, but if your looking for lots of combat, and interesting combat at that Aardwolf is worth a try.
For more information see the aardwolf db page

The problem as far as crafting goes is all the muds I know that come with really great crafting such as Clok, Wayfare1444 and perhaps Empire mud also have a large element of exploration.

6 Dragons however might be your answer, it's got some great Vi adaptations to help you find your way, it's own sounds,  and a full professions system as well as all the combat you would like, actually it could do with more players.

It'll be getting a db page soon sinse the adaptations in terms of assistance to find your way around the game etc are great, but in the mean time se The six dragons homepage

Hth.
I admit my mudding experience isn't extensive, but hopefully this should give some idea and maybe you will get other suggestions as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-08-05 14:02:25

Thanks dark for your tips! I will try them all soon!
As i said. If there are nice wayfinding stuff like items coordinates or commands it is also fun. For example i like this empire-mud cause of the coordinates and trinkets. So if you got other primarily crafting muds in mind, feel free to answer!

2015-08-05 14:03:14

Hey Firefly. I have a few suggestions. First, we have the empire MUD, a very different game. We have a topic about this one in the forum, but the address is empiremud.net port 4000.
Next I'd suggest Tirnail. A friendly player base, and lots of fighting and crafting. The game's mechanics are a bit cruel though smile so try to avoid dying as much as you can. Because if you constitution drops to 0, your character is deleted. tirnaill.com port 4000.
There is also the Procedural Realms mud. It is heavily based on roguelike games. It takes a bit of play to get used to, but it is worth a try. proceduralrealms.com port 3000.
Lastly I'd recommend The Unoficial Squaresoft MUD. It is based on the Squaresoft games like Secret of Mana. It has some crafting for the thief class, but not much
other than that. uossmud.sandwich.net port 9000. Hope it helps.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-08-05 16:39:42

Well if you don't mind games with coordinates, Wayfar144 might be good, see it's Homepage here

The basic theme of the mud is that you are a colonist setting up a space colony. Each planet is a set of squares of different biomes or environment types such as tropical, arid, toxic, volcanic etc. You have a huge bunch of tools, and you can make literally thousands of things from other tools, to buildings, to spaceships robots and vehicles, actually if your into crafting you couldn't find a better game.
Each Biome has coordinates so you know where you are and where your main colony site is. The only problem I found is that the map showing which biome is where is only ascii, so if for example your looking for a desert biome to find some sand, there really isn't a way to find one other than either ask on chat or wander around and then mark one down on your in game finder when you come across one, the developer said he was going to add a "where biome" command to tell you distance to nearest biome of a given type but I don't think he has as yet.

I also found myself that once my colony was established the game became much less fun.
As to combat, there is plenty, you can play one of the hunter professions and go ad kill alien creatures, you can play a hacker and hack devices which is similar to combat, and you can build yourself a spaceship and space suit and go and fight pirates, also the game works on cycles, so once you've finished the goal as one profession (which doesn't take as long as you think), you can go back to your colony and do again as another.
Give it a try, it's fun, albeit I decided I personally preferd clok for that type of  crafting and harvesting mechanics, however Clok definitely isn't! an easy game to navigate even though the crafting is amazing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-08-06 11:53:42

Hi.

I'm not so much into muds anymore but I gave the 6 dragons mud a go, and honestly. I think it's dead. yes the mud still works but when I wrote who, i was the only one in the game.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-06 14:12:56

I saw one other person playing when I was, and the ev was on the forum a while ago, but really "it's dead" is not a reason not to play if the mud is decent.

2015-08-06 17:39:20

There's a mud called Stormhunters which gives both fighting and crafting in abundance. It's not very...difficult, let's say, and I think it's nearly dead, but if you want to craft or level to your heart's content, give it a try.
I believe its information is stormhunters.ackmud.net port 7000
It's something like that. Haven't played it in awhile.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-08-07 14:28:45

Any idea what happened to procedural realms? It looks like a great mud, but its down

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."