2015-08-09 11:51:08

Hello.
I have a question about installing windows 10.
I have a little problem with the windows media creation tool I downloaded from microsoft.
I did everything what the installer said and clicked on install.
Like after 2 minutes, the installer gives me an error saying,
Something went wrong, the windows 10 setup has failed, or something like that.
Does someone know what the problem could be and can help me with this?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-08-09 11:53:43

hi,
I'm experiencing a problem installing windows 10. When I downloaded the update, it said installing updates and it remained at 23%. Then I opened the get windows 10 app and I clicked on let's continue. Then it said, there is a problem. Try again later. I restarted windows and now I'm downloading the update again. also, when I installed the first preview, it detected my sound card. I removed it and installed the more latest preview and it didn't detect my sound card. Now I fear that if I upgrade to windows 10, it won't detect my sound card again. What do you think? Should I install the driver from Samsung or continue with the existing sound card?
Thanks.

2015-08-09 15:03:47

So I'm curious... I am now in the process of upgrading my secondary computer, my laptop, to windows 10. My question is, since windows now has refresh and reset options for my pc, and I'm assuming since windows 8 had them... how do I create a recovery image which windows 10 can refresh and reset from so if necessary I can just wipe my system and leave windows 10 on it to start fresh with? Thanks!

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-08-09 17:49:07

Well I'm officially on Windows 10, and so far it's a mixed bag. Most of it seems to be similar to 7 and 8... but I thought the start menu was supposed to be back? Or is that a setting I'm missing... and where the heck does one go to set up Cortana? The action center and windows A also doesn't work. Haven't really had a chance to play with it yet, so I'll probably find it... but I really want to do a clean install and just start this pc from scratch again. This laptop's accumulated a lot of junk over the last year and a half. lol

2015-08-09 19:31:57

hi,
I'm trying to upgrade windows from windows update but for some reason it doesn't work. I downloaded the media creator tool but it said Windows 10 setup can't start properly. Please restart your pc and try again. Then I restarted my pc and its the same issue. I tried launching the tool as admin, but that didn't work either. Can you provide any solutions?

2015-08-09 19:46:24

Hi.

Try downloading the other version of the tool. so if it's the 36 one, try downloaidng  the 64 version. Sorry I can't remember the numbers but once the right version is downloaded, you should have no problems.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-10 07:45:47

Any word on the start menu being present in 10? Or do I have to use classic shell again like I did in windows 8? The search box makes searching for apps difficult too, at least with nvda.

2015-08-10 08:42:04

I'm still looking into this, but it doesn't look as close to the "retro" start menu as I'd expected.  I agree about apps, but Maybe NVDA can fix that in the future?  Or maybe there's just a filter I'm missing.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-08-10 08:44:37

hi,
When I try to download windows 10 from windows update, it freezes at 78%. And as I said, the media creatıon tool says that ıt canit start properlyç
Please helpç

2015-08-10 09:39:30

hi.

you need to download the other media tool.exe file. one will be for 64 bassed systems and I'm not sure about the other one. try downloading the 64 version.

As for the start menu, in my opinion it's kind of the same as seven apart from there's two menus. one on the left and one on the right. The left menu is most used apps and the right is the start apps.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-10 10:58:24

@Fatih,
Why don't you try downloading windows 10 via media creation tool, and store it into a DVD drive, then install win 10 via DVD? it might find no issues

2015-08-10 11:00:15

hi,
When I run the media creation tool, it said that it couldn't start properly. I restarted and tried again but no luck.

2015-08-10 13:07:30

Hello.
So, does this mean I can just put in an empty dvd, choose a setup version in the media creation tool, let it mount an iso file on the dvd, then put in the dvd in another computer and update it?
Or do I need to do a clean install of windows 10 with the dvd?
Greetings Moritz.

2015-08-10 13:46:05

@Fatih

Make sure that the media creation tool corresponds to your system, I mean, if you have a 64 bit windows, download the media creation tool - 64 bit. If you've got A 32 bit windows OS, then download the 64 bit version of media creation tool.

@Simba,
You could choose to download windows for another computer, those are the words they say, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you couldn't use it for yours. smile
After the download is finished, click open the DVD burner button, wait until the process is finished and use it for your computer.

2015-08-10 20:18:47

Hey guys.
I have a question regarding the windows 10 setup via a mounted iso file.
With the creation tool, I created an iso file and burned it on to a dvd with express burn.
Now, the thing is, when I want to install the system, it doesnt ask me what I want to keep.
I am a bit confused right now.
Will the update make a clean install of windows 10 and delete my whole harddrive? Or will it just upgrade my current system and leave everything be?
I am currently running windows 7 home premium, 64 bit.
Greetings Moritz.

2015-08-10 20:48:59

Hello, sorry for dubble posting, but something happened.
It asked me what I wanted to keep, and then I installed windows 10.
Right in the middle of the instalation, the setup said.
Something has happened, windows10 setup has failed.
Could it be that my computer is not compatible with windows 10?
Any ideas?
Greetings Moritz.

2015-08-10 22:11:10

I didn'[t know a classic shell existed. The windows M key isn't working for some reason, and the only way I can get to the desktop is by pressing Windows B, then tabbing over until I hear the list of items. It seems that Cortana is always open and there's no way to get rid of it. Also, the alt tab takes a while to switch from one window to another. I'm hoping these are just some bugs that can be fixed.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-08-10 22:19:28

I've never had that bug. Does it do it even though you restart the machine. If so, it might be your system.

2015-08-11 02:40:54

Yes, it does it even after restarting multiple times.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-08-11 05:35:05

Well. Maybe it's just your system. Maybe I would suggest a reinstall of windows perhaps?

2015-08-11 08:03:54

hi green gables fan,
I have a solution to the problem you mentioned.  I encountered it  myself. You apparently somehow turned on tablet mode.  Go to action center tab until you hear tablet mode button pressed then press space on that.  That should solve your problem.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2015-08-11 08:56:07 (edited by afrim 2015-08-11 08:56:56)

@Fatih and simba,
Unfortunately, I can't help with the installation process since I haven't honestly done it yet.

I definitely! Love! the post, 23!
which is written by Criss

2015-08-11 12:35:39

Ah, thanks. I didn'tg realise that it was the culprit. I wonder what tablet mode does?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-08-11 13:21:30

Hello.
I now tryed to install windows 10 from a disk. But, there is the same issue again.
Right in the middle of the instalation process, it gives out an error message and closes the installer.
I am quite confused by now.
Greetings Moritz.

2015-08-11 13:32:27

Hello guys!
It is possible to format the windows with the narrator?