2015-07-31 15:06:12

hello, I reserved my coppy of windows 10 in the beginning of july, but now its the thirty first, and it should have come out on the 29th but I don#t get notifications or windows or pop ups or anything. Of corse I'm using windows 8, so the ishew might be nvda not announcing the window and me not being able to alt tab to it. I tried the get windows 10 menu, but it hasn't changed much. I've also checked for updates with windows update but there are no new ones. How can I install windows 10 with nvda>

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-07-31 18:56:52

I have just what you'll need.  This is the Microsoft media creation tool. What you'll do is download it from my dropbox link. When you run it, click the upgrade this pc button. It will download Windows 10, then create the installation media. If there's any updates needed, it will download them and install them before windows 10 is installed. Narrator can be used on the install, after your pc restarts. You won't have narrator for about 5 minutes after Windows restarts and NVDA goes bye bye, temperarily. You will only see a message saying that windows is preparing your pc, so it won't matter if you have narrator on, unless you want to here, "Preparing your pc, please wait...", over and over again. Please note, you must, I repeat, must! have a genuine copy of windows. Whether you purchased a key, already had it activated when you purchased the computer, or had it illegally cracked, it must be activated. To check if it's activated, go to the run dialog and type slui.exe. If it says Learn about the benifits of genuine windows, and close, you're good. Click close. If you're not running a genuine copy of windows already, you'll have to get a windows 10 product key, or close the setup, then activate your copy of windows. If you cancel the setup, you'll have to wait for it to download again. Here's the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aojym30z71d6i … l.exe?dl=0

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2015-07-31 21:16:15

I baught my pc at a computer store so the coppy of windows I have on it is genuen. For some reason, slui.exe thinks otherwise and wants me to enter a key. And if I'd known that I still need that bloody key, I'd have kept everything else that was in the package. roar'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'r'!

2015-07-31 22:29:49

Hi.

same hear. but I'm going to try to install it to see what happens.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-07-31 22:40:29

Hi.

I tried to install windows but it stays at 0 percent. I know my copyof windows is legal, would I have to put in the product key when installing windows? Because if so; I don't have it.

2015-07-31 22:45:47

hello, well something seems to happen on my end. 2 folders called $windows bt and $windows ws were created in my c drive, and they keep getting larger, which leeds me to the prosumtion that windows is actually installing, but with my bad connection it might take the hole night so I think I'll let the thing install over night.

2015-07-31 22:51:40

Hello,
I tried to install this on my computer, but it said something like, Windows Ten could not be installed properly. Please reboot your PC and try again. I am running Windows Seven Home on a desktop computer. I got the notificiation that I was all set to go. I ran the slui.exe, and it says I have Windows activated. I'm not sure what's going on.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-08-01 00:08:25

Having a similar issue. I bought my computer from Best Buy, but it was an open box item so didn't come with a dvd or email, just windows preinstalled. What should I do if it asks for a product key?

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-08-01 00:31:57

Listen to the latest of Windows Weekly

Or if you can't wait that long for a show, short of the answer is, skip the key, and Win10 will activate. Though, you'll have to go to the activation option. No idea since that is, since I don't have Windows 10, nor use Windows music anymore. As a  side note, the laest windows weekly speaks most of what i have already said in great length.

2015-08-01 01:13:54 (edited by brad 2015-08-02 03:56:35)

Hi.

The reason I found for the please restart your computer thing, is because you're not running the right version of the installer. I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded the 64 bit installer and everything worked fine.

2015-08-01 15:42:26

hi,
in order to get a valid upgrade to windows 10, you must choose the upgrade this pc option from the media creation tool and perform an upgrade. Doing a clean install will not generate a new key.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2015-08-01 18:10:45

I have downloaded windows 10 pro N to keep it saved on my computer, but I'll stick with windows 8.1 for some other months. Cortana gave me a really good impression. I wish that voice was available as a sappy 5 voice. and by the way, has anyone tried Narrator so far? what's your opinion.

2015-08-02 03:55:03

For anyone that needs to retrieve their product key:

Magical Jelly Bean Key Finder:
https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

2015-08-02 03:59:05

Hi.
I'm not sure what would be best: waiting for the upgrade and notification, or trying the tool again. I think I'm going to just wait and see what happens.

2015-08-02 05:53:36

thanks Jean! Question for everyone... this is my first independent windows install, so I want to make sure I do this right. Can someone walk me through installing windows 10 on my current laptop running windows 8.1? Other than the media creation tool, what's the standard way of going about getting it? How much of my programs and installations does it keep, etc? I know a lot about computers that are already up and running... but have never started from scratch. How accessible is the install process for windows 10?

2015-08-02 21:30:35

Hi,
does anyone know what's the difference between the Pro and Pro N editions?
Currently I am using Windows 7 pro. Which of the two should I choose?
Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-08-02 21:50:49

According to toms hardware.
Home addition doesn't have any pro features there is a windows home and pro additions article on the ms site.
the kn and n additions of pro have no media applications and no skype.
a barebones pro.
I'd probably go full pro myself though saying that I would probably get my own media player, or players and skype desktop so I am not sure if that matters.
You may have to get media codecs and such though.

2015-08-03 00:18:22

Anyone for answering post 15? hahaha. Just figured I'd put it out there again. lol

2015-08-03 10:37:52

thanks for answering, Shaun.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-08-03 12:07:16 (edited by Socheat 2015-08-03 12:08:11)

Ok, I tried there media creation tool, it is running really slow in the background. It took me about 3 minutes to load this damn software. lol

2015-08-03 13:52:35 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2015-08-03 14:58:25)

Hello everyone, I am writing this post using Windows Ten with NVDA 2015, the latest version, and so far, it's kind of okay, but not that great. I keep getting notifications every time I launch NVDA about how this programme might not be compatible. This makes me wonder how much of the programmes I have been using on Windows Seven will work now.
I also like their new sounds, alhough I am disappointed that I can't hear them if I press a wrong key in a list or something. Microsoft Edge is not really accessible, so I am using INternet Explorer right now.
I wonder where Microsofot gets all of their sound effects for each operating system?
Also, Cortana doesn't seem to be working because it's saying something about it not beingt supported in my region or language.
Oh, and in the middle of the download part, my computer slowed down considerably, and the first time that happened I thought my computer had crashed or something. Once the hard drive even shut down at random while i was working on something, so I had to restart it. Fortunately, it didn't happen again.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-08-03 14:42:58

Hmm. I may just wait for the upgrade judging from Green Gables' fan's post. Still wouldn't mind some answers to my questions above though, since googling only brings up really convoluted results that are complicated. lol

2015-08-03 15:06:41 (edited by Chris 2015-08-03 15:23:49)

The Windows installer is still. not. accessible! F***ing Microsoft! Ok, with that brief rant out of the way, let me tell you about the installer.

If you are trying to install the operating system from scratch, good luck. Narrator does not read the install window, so you will need to use the Talking Windows Preinstallation package from Brian Smart. If oyu just want to do an upgrade of the system, it should work. The installer just puts your previous installation of Windows into a folder called Windows.old and installs the new OS.

As for my thoughts, well I have not noticed any noticable updates in Narrator. I found a couple of commands for navigating in tree views. That leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Microsoft had what? 3 years to create Windows 10? THe best they did was add a couple new Narrator commands and possibly tweak some other internal things? What a joke! The WIndows installer is still not accessible despite my feedback on Windows Insider. I just have a hard time taking Microsoft accessibility seriously anymore. I would love to sit down with an accessibility person from Microsoft for hours and just talk about all the things they should have improved on.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but this is really starting to irritate me. Apple had accessibility right in versions of OS X as old as Leopard. YOu could even install the operating system independently in Mac OS X Tiger. THat's 10 years of accessible installers on OS X, even though Narrator has been around since 2000 or so. I don't care if you think Voiceover navigation is too hard or what ever. The point is it could be used to independently troubleshoot your computer since day 1. If you ask me, Microsoft should take serious accessibility lessons from Apple. The NFB could even help here if they would stop worshiping Jaws and actually encourage Microsoft to improve there accessibility features. While we're talking about Jaws, why doesn't Freedom Scientific help Microsoft make the installer accessible? You can't install Windows with Jaws. Then again, they don't want Narrator to imporve or else they lose their precious money supply. Do they really care about access for blind/visually impaired people or just putting money in their pockets?

So yeah, I'm very disappointed with Windows 10 as it stands. I'm sorry for this rant, but I am just frustrated and saddened to see that we have not really come very far. I thought something was happening with Windows 8 Narrator, but this just crushes all my hopes for native accessibility in Windows.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2015-08-03 15:36:09

As I see green gables fan opinion, I will not upgrade yet. I'll have to wait and see what could improve in the future.

2015-08-03 15:55:16

@Chris, If you want to go as far as raise awareness about this issue, you should consider organising a committee  or something like that. Only one or two people can't really make themselves heard, but the more people you are able to recruit, the bigger your voice will be heard.
I read this somewhere, but Microsoft is required to make their programmes accessible. It's not that they chose to make them accessible, like Apple, but the ADA states that everything should be provided with reasonable accommodations. still, this is different from volunarily providing accessibility and doing it because they really care about the people--not on the money they make.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy