2015-07-29 19:26:31

Due to NVDA translate being temporarily inactive I found a solution that works, using the python goslate api. I plugged it into the existing instant translate and it seems to be working fine for now. The link is below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/501 … nvda-addon

I hope this proves useful, I've tested it with a number of programs and its working fine.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2015-07-29 19:29:29

hey stewie.
should we remove, kill, splat, make piezes... the old instant translate? or, does it work over it off? thanks for replying.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-07-29 19:33:44 (edited by stewie 2015-07-29 19:34:15)

The instant translate addon already asks if you want to remove incompatible versions when you try to install it. Just go through the installation process and it should work fine.

Also, i added the nvda shift y key to translate clipboard, I probably shouldn't have in case it conflicted, but its there if anyone wants it.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2015-07-30 06:14:09

Hello.
@stewie The compplement works very well. Really thank you very much.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-07-30 08:23:34

Thanks! I really needed it working again, for I am playing some japanese games. big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-07-30 09:27:44

Thanks thanks thanks! Its working fine!

2015-07-30 15:36:15

Thanks god!
I need to learn arabic and well!

73 Wj3u

2015-07-30 15:47:26

it works! thank you!

2015-07-30 17:41:48

Hello,
Thanks for this, it truly is awesome. However, can you also please keep us posted on the official addon's status? I'd be interested to know if they start to update and add anything to it, or if it'll go into the dust. I hope not, considering that I think INstant Translate is quite a popular addon not just for gaming.

2015-07-31 04:11:40

Wow, thanks for that one, +1!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-07-31 06:20:53

Hi,
The addon doesn't work on my machine with any of the languages I've tried. I've tried Latin and Spanish, and so far it only says what I've tried to translate. For instant, if I try to translate "light" to, say, Spanish, it just says "light" instead of the spanish word, leading me to think that the service it uses has an issue.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-07-31 17:03:39 (edited by stewie 2015-07-31 17:07:09)

I've just tested and its working perfectly here. Did you make sure the language swapping wasn't set to something by accident? Also could you check the nvda log in nvda/tools/view log and paste any errors that come up?

2015-08-01 02:11:47

Hello Stewi. I have the same problem.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-08-01 02:59:07

I have the source language at autodetect, and the target at English, and it works.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-08-01 05:14:02

I've tested it with various language to language pairs, including autodetect and it works fine. Could you paste your nvda log (if any errors show up) here if it happens?

2015-08-01 13:57:23

Hello.
Automatic detection does not work to me. Like I do not use.
Greetings and thanks.

2015-08-02 15:15:26

Nice Stewi.

Upon checking the official NVDA addons site, I found the following:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Add-on temporarily unavailable
Due to changes to the service the add-on uses, Instant Translate add-on is temporarily unavailable. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you wish to help the add-on author, please use the development version and ask on the NVDA community add-ons mailing list. Thank you.
NVDA Community add-ons team

I personally am not subscribed to that list, but you might consider sending an email to the contact addresses in the add-on itself.
I'd also suggest you put this somewhere like github, I've been thinking about messing with it for a while now but never did find it's public repo (if it's even in one)

Regards,
Blademan
Twitter: @bladehunter2213

2015-08-02 17:40:15

Seems I didn't look hard enough, the project can be found at
https://bitbucket.org/nvdaaddonteam/instanttranslate
And it seems that their last commit fixed things, at least in part.

Regards,
Blademan
Twitter: @bladehunter2213

2015-08-03 21:48:22

Hi
Sory for my bad English, I'm French.
I download the folder, but how to do for install the program?
Thank you

2015-08-03 22:45:43

Hello.
the program is installed like any other compplement NVDA.
You should only run the program and give yes when asked if you want to install the complement.
Greetings.

2015-08-03 22:56:26

If your getting the addon as a folder, you are most likely downloading with internet explorer. Internet explorer downloads them as a zip for some mind boggling reason of Microsoft's. You can either change the .zip of the filename to .nvda-addon if you have the show file extensions setting enabled, or download it with another browser.

2016-06-27 05:15:45

does this still work?

2016-06-27 13:16:30

JWoodill21 wrote:

does this still work?

When I tried it, it didn't work. However, another option is JGT.

Get it at:

http://www.blindgamers.com

2016-06-27 16:30:39

Hello folks. For some odd reason, it wasn't working for a long period of time. But now it seems to be working fine.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-06-28 01:31:06

Haramir wrote:

Hello folks. For some odd reason, it wasn't working for a long period of time. But now it seems to be working fine.
Best regards, Haramir.

Nice. will try now.