2015-07-29 03:58:53

Hey guys&girls hear is my settings for Elimpis DM420
Recording mode is mp3 at 320kbps
Microphone is set to medium
Zoom mike is set to wide
low cut is off
So I want to hear some recordings you have done with Elimpis and also I know this might be a weird thing to ask but what is the best settings for recording nature settings or events?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2015-07-30 04:17:46

Hello,
Can't wait to hear your recordings since I'd like to test Elimpis's recording skills, I have an audio recorder called IC recorder from sony, it's a high quality stario recorder with some additional features, I've herd about Elimpis and I'd like to listen to its recordings to compare it with the one I have, the only thing that I know is IC recorder is more expensive than Elimpis, but does that mean that Elimpis is worse? I don't think so. For this, I want to hear some recordings by Elimpis.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-07-31 19:19:11

I have an Olympus DM620 which was given to me by a friend who no longer wanted it. I assume the 620 is similar to the 420, so I'll give some advice. This could apply to most recorders though.
Mic on medium is normally where I keep it, though low is pretty good if you know you're going to be in loud environments. I like to record at a very quiet volume and then boost the volume later with a limiter in place. Software limiters are generally a lot more reliable than ones in most recorders I've noticed, as they have the opportunity to look ahead and turn things down even before they become distorted.
Setting zoom to wide may work but I prefer to have zoom on normal... I don't like what wide zoom does to the center of the stereo field. Normally when I record I use external microphones as I don't like the Olympus internals for wide open sounds. I use binaurel microphones from sound professionals, I can't remember the model number but the ones I use actually look like headphones. In fact, they are headphones with microphones imbedded in them, and they sound pretty good though they are a bit noisy in quiet environments.
Setting mp3 to 320 is good for saving space but I would strongly recommend using PCM when possible. MP3 is a lossy format meaning that it makes the files smaller by throwing away data which can not be recovered. This loss of data translates to different sorts of artifacts creeping into the sound such as warbly, underwater sounds. Also some sounds like sharp claps will almost sound brushy or swishy. While MP3 at 320 K will sound pretty good and the artifacts will be subtle, I never chance it. I always record in PCM and then compress to mp3 later after editing.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2015-07-31 20:23:11

I don't think it has pcm it only has mp3 or wma.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m