2007-10-09 17:54:54

Hello all.  I have yet another problem, I can't seem to get Aura Mazes to load. I mean, I can see that in the Aura folder the names of the different mazes, but I can't figure out how to load them into the game.  If there is any one outh there that can help I would like that.

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-10 00:40:37

Hmmm dan, once you've created a profile, you should be able to just start the tutorial and play through the various mazes. I wouldn't get too excited though, last I checked, Aura only had the basic, intermediate and advanced tutorial courses, and there was no full version of the game availabel at all.

this was a shame, sinse what is there is rather promising of a very good game, ------ but obviously quite short.

sinse news on the website seemed to indicate that aura would be released as a full commercial game with hundreds of levels to play back in 2004, I sent the creator an E-mail politely asking what had happened to the game, ------ but got absolutely no reply whatsoever.

Now, I generally assume the game is dead, and should be put on the shelf with castele quest, Max shrapnel, flight commander, the void, and quite a few other rather sad happenings.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 00:52:38

But when I open the game folder, it has a whole bunch of different mazes, I tried extracting them or coppying them but it won't work.  And another thing, the folder that says, "All Set Up.zip" when you try the all setup.exe, it doesn't want to work.

2007-10-10 13:33:26

Hmmm, last time I tried Aura, I believe the tutorial mazes simply ran themselves once I'd run the main Aura Exe.

there are 20 mazes i believe in the tutorial, each showing off a new game feature, though I didn't find any of them took too long to play (a couple of the advanced mazes, I just stumbled into the exit within seconds of starting).

Once I'd finished the game mazes, I tried to download and run some of those that apparently had been created (something about Flying saucers was one I believe), but these absolutely failed to work whatever I did!

I also asked about these in my abortive E-mail.

going to the website though, I do see a very interesting litle notice saying "Coming summer/fall 2007" though nothing whatsowever in the news. I've sent another E-mail with an enquiry, and I'll try the beta again, (if the game is actually stil under developement, imho it has a lot of potential to be interesting).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-11 05:26:49

Hi dan.

for reasons which I hope are obvious, I've just downloaded and played the old Beta version, ---- Zanthar is just cool!

anyway, all you need to do is unzip the hole Aura094 folder to where you want the game (I use 7Zip, so I could just extract the files streight to a copy of the Aura094 folder and thus have a nice directory for the game).

then, just press enter on the Aura.exe file, and follow the instructions, though I suggest looking at the "docks" folder first (click on the index file for the contense), and reading at least the menue explanation and game controls, ----- sinse everything works from the number pad which can take some getting used to, particularly sinse in the default Hal Pc layout which I'm using, all the reading and other commands use the numberpad, ---- though if your using Jaws, I am guessing you'll unload it before starting the game anyway (something not necessary to do with Hal).

2007-10-11 23:01:00

No, I am using Window Eyes, but when you go into the goodies folder, it has a whole bunch of mazes, but they won't work.

2007-10-14 08:18:29

Of course they won't work if your trying to run them streight from windows. I don't think there are many games that you can run just by trying to open the levels directly. Just find the Aura start file, ----- aura.exe to be precise (though your computer will recognize the file type Exe, so only read the name as Aura, though if your unsure, just check the file's properties, it should be listed as "file type: application" if it's the exe file to start the program).

This goes for starting any program that doesn't auto install (and even ones that do), just look for the Exe file, which in games is usually named after the game itself, ----- Eg, if you go to the Superliam folder, the exe file is superliam.exe.