Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Oh oh, the dreaded Dropbox429 error, meaning I can't get it
Oops, need a little fixing.
Should be back up and working now
I well understand it. I can help with the question decision. Together we can find the decision.
I well understand it. I can help with the question decision. Together we can find the decision.
I am also confused?
I love both your games, Warsim and The Wastes, good job on them. It's pretty sad that you lost the code to The Wastes, because that was more my style of game, but Warsim is still great anyways.
Anyways, I thought I was doing great with like 30k soldiers and 500 knights, but then I saw people on the sub with like a million knights. Looks like I have a while to go, LOL.
@Lucas1853, Thanks for the lovely comments, I agree I loved The Wastes because I'm more into that Kind of thing, it could always come back in the future!
Some of the numbers people get are insane, I will be scaling things up at some point when I start working on advanced economies, a medium sized kingdom would have 50'000 people working within it, they just wouldn't be your units directly, but yeah that amount of troops is insane haha
I still play both the waste and warscim. You're such a lovely dev there man, really, responsibility, consideration, caring for projects and all that. Another thumb as one of the greatest devs of all time from me!
I personally adore the wastes, indeed if you fancied doing an ultimate package with all the new created objects etc in it to save people having to download and add any number of files that would rock, and of course I'd be absolutely in favour of developing the wastes ii or finding a way to add more stuff into the game in the future if that is possible.
I will now give the latest warsim a go and see how things are going in terms of updates.
BtwI'll also remind people that since Wastelander is kind enough to keep his main game package with the same name, the link on the warsim page in the database will always be uptodate with the latest version.
I have sevrel question.
1. What is sinking sandhole? & how doo I cross it?
2. What I get if I distroide the deeman gate?
3. When all area wil be finisht? E.G. Statue of the god, wild home Etc?
@Mata, that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me! thank you )
@Dark, Definitely need to redo the wastes in the future, the plans I had for towns would have been really fun to see happen, thanks for keeping everything up to date for me too!
@Danang137, the sinking sandhole currently is a pointless location, walking across it will kill you and sending soldiers will kill them, however in the future there will be some special secrets added to it, destroying the demon gate is kind of the major storyline ending, as the demons are an ancient evil! not entirely sure, the issue is I may soon scrap the currently exploration system in favour of a randomly generated exploration system with a somewhat wastes like style to it!
Today's update is mainly bugfixes as well as a new little addition to the blackmarket called the blackmarket slums, you can donate gold to it or hire some local scum to fight for you, at some point if you've donated enough they might even send a force to fight with you when you get attacked!
* Added Blackmarket slums to the game
* Added ability to hire peasant scum from blackmarket slums
* Added ability for black market scum to assist you in battle
* Fixed mystery speechless bandit bug (credit u/Fury222222)
* Fixed troop despawn bug
* Fixed Music Guild Tribute text bug
* Fixed music guildmaster text white bug
* Fixed Animal fight pit kicks you out of the north
* Fixed the ORB OF CHAOS stall breaker bug
* Fixed leaving the slums tells you none can be hired bug
* Fixed Fort Gorthmek troop bug
* Fixed black market tower graphic bug
* Added 'The Bucket Knight' and 'The Bucket' suffixes (credit u/ryan055)
* Added colour to songwood compass
* Added new name 'of the blackmarket slums' & 'of the slums'
* Buffed Militia by 2 battlepoints
* Added ability to buy multiple bluetri fruit
Aaaah! Thank you thank you so much! I waited for this new update to begin a new testing! I am on some kind of very boring job for 16 days at the moment and this new Version was exactly what i needed! So thank you again for this!
@Firefly82, awesome glad you like it, definitely another one on it's way soon too, what job are you doing?
And yeah I lost the games code in a system crash again, which also wiped 5 backups
I have over 100 backups that are further backed up, so it's all good! only bit of code lost was some work I'd done making the stone of talents effect random instead of fixed
Hey there Wastelander
Nice little update, I'm especially excited about the militia buff, even if it isn't that big.
Has the scorpion pit been fixed yet?
Last time I remember using it, in the last update, it would let you bet, the gates would open and the fighters would come out, then it would ask you to bet again and again instead of doing the fight.
The slavers fortress was also not displaying updates correctly, E.G. when selling and buying slaves, instead of being able to be read in real time by a screen reader like they were a couple updates back, they weren't, even though they were still performing the transaction just fine and could still be seen in the buffer by scrolling up.
Also, I thought I may as well mention that, as a player, the main priorities I have, which I fully understand will be different from yours as you know more about the code limitations and your own goals, are as follows.
1. Independents scale with you as you switch to new continents, and hopefully you can still be sent caravans and unique soldiers from your vassals from the old continent instead of having to defeat them, maybe you could integrate their lands into your own empire and have a way to produce those unique soldiers on your own?
2. More major events aside from just the demon horde, I and I'm sure other players as well, would be happy to provide ideas if you need them.
3. The writing of some of the places that are currently not coded in, when exploring, some of them seem really interesting, I'm sure the players would also be happy to help you decide which ones are of greatest priority, though I know that the creative thread just doesn't work that way sometimes, so either way the order in which they are done is fine, as long as we get to see them, I'm happy.
Sorry if that comes off as me trying to pretentiously attempt to dictate your development process, I just wanted to share my thoughts, and I get a feeling that they jive with allot of other player's thoughts, at least in part, as well.
I'm still enjoying all these recent changes though, it's just that, for major replay value, I think there are a few particularly important things to focus on.
PS. The orc grunters are the best thing ever.
So maybe you should rename yourself to Backuper:-)
I am on a 16 days housesittingjob. Take care for some cats and observe some workers doing some home improvements while my friend and her family are on a trip to Florida.
So i need games games and more games! Maybe thats the wright time to tell us about a secret next project?:-)
Oh! I encountered a little bug with the musicians. I turned off the music and when a musician came to my throneroom and performed a song the music was turned on again and startet with the maintheme.
@Firefly, hahaha, and fair enough, better than nothing I guess, I've fixed that bug too as someone has raised it to me before, thanks
@defender, thanks! gonna look into the things you've mentioned, looked at the independent scaling and I agree, I've sorted it out so that they get a lot tougher, also, if you want to up the challenge use the new cheat codes 445 and 444 that make all factions (minus the bandit gangs) 10x as powerful, Use the code twice at the start of the game and everyone is fielding armies of up to 100'000ish troops, makes for a crazy interesting game. would love more suggestions for major events and I would also love for more ideas for exploration locations!
Thank you for all the suggestions and ideas, please keep them coming!
A lot of new features in this update, humming musicians you can only find in the musicians guild, now when you attack a faction it will show in the battle reports at the end of the turn, two new cheats that allow for an increased challenge, with a spymaster skill of 100 or more the player can see how many people died in each battle in turn reports, also lots of new kingdom names and the ability to take all the troops from an independent kingdom, kill their king and increase or decrease their civility level through debug mode, so now that group of savage trolls with their evil king umbog are no more as you can make them less savage and kill him! Enjoy
* Added Humming Musician to the bards guild
* Added ability for Aslona to appear in battle reports
* Added new cheat '444' surrounded by empires (makes all groups 10x tougher)
* Added new cheat '445' dense empires (same as 444 but lands are the same)
* Added ability to see how many slavers you have in the slaver fort (credit u/GoldfingerLickinGood)
* Added ability to see casualties in battlereports if spymaster skill is 100
* Added 3x as many kingdom names such as (kingdom of racetype) or (racetype domain)
* Added nations on new continents are 10x as powerful
* Added debug mode ability to increase and decrease a kingdoms civilisation level
* Added debug mode ability to take independent kingdoms full troop count
* Added debug mode ability to auto assassinate kingdoms ruler
* Fixed independent troop text bug
* Fixed music playing when disabled bug
* Fixed Goblin Berserkers not in troop count (credit u/GoldfingerLickinGood)
* Capped demon horde at 2500 units
* Added 6 new flag parts
* Added a new advice item
* Added new name suffix (the hummingbird)
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, I managed to make the factions all die by
using 444 a bunch of times. The independent kingdoms simply say they are dead, but this happened with the bandit horde:
Group Name : Phenor's Bandit Horde
Leader : Phenor the Bandit Overlord
Total Men : -1799373844
Total Gold : -1408428032
Total Lands: -1539607552
Faction Relation : ???
Oh god! I won't fix it though because you're free to break the game with cheats all you want the debug mode stuff is fun too, I added the ability to take all their troops because I was playing a game where I had vassalised a kingdom of Tree Orcs and the demon horde were fucking shit up, so I was like... man I wish these orcs could do more than give me 20 orcs per turn, so I coded something to allow me to essentially take their entire army to fight alongside me
Awesome new stuff! especially the independents scaling and that new debug code for taking your vassal's soldiers; but I'm just curious, is there any way to keep your old settings when migrating to a new version?
Every time I update I have to disable animations and ASCII; it's not a big thing, but it would be nice if it wasn't necessary.
I'm brainstorming ideas for events, and I'll make sure to post if I think of something good.
I am a new player. How to disable animations and asky? Also the download link does not work any more please post a working one. Thank you
Currently installed 3 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2010 PunBB.
Generated in 0.160 seconds (93% PHP - 7% DB) with 10 queries