2017-01-27 22:05:50

wow, yeah, I was also thinking along the similar lines, may be the order of  knights could undertake that kind of responsibility. moreover, I cant figure out how to make the recrutes full knights, and as it stands presently, they do nothing when they are appointed to fight the rabbels. is there something that I am doing wrong...
one more thing: I want to know that where does the gold that is earned by the Arena go? I cant find it in the bank, cant see in my total gold. also, lets build the defensive walls on each captured land again. and make the cost of it proportional to the lands owned.  another thing is that I cant figure out how to make use of the men sent by my vessel kingdoms, perhaps there must be a way to upgrade them as well? for example we can go into the vessel options  and have an option there to upgrade our troops from that particular vessel.
its looking more and more amazing. love it.
p.s. please add a way to make the save files usable in the updated versions as well, because as it stands, all the savefiles become unusable after each update.

People discard the concept of God by saying that God is the creation of man and according to science no God exists however, they conveniently forget that science itself is the creation and knowledge that man possesses, not the knowledge of everything in existance.

2017-01-28 16:33:48

I've noticed they seem to make a difference when fighting the rebels, I'm probably wrong about how they work on it but I just assume they fight the rebels in the background and do their holy order knightly thing....not sure though.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-02-03 16:30:32

Hey guys, been quite a while but here it is, in all it's glory, the 6.6.6 update that has been long overdue, There are many big features in this update some that aren't just demon related, but we'll get to them later, firstly, the demon horde is now going to slaughter you... they were nerfed in the past, not anymore, now they are tougher than ever... sorry.

Also the arena ain't cheap anymore, it makes a whole heap of profit so only makes sense its the most expensive thing you can buy, aside from that lots of new exploration areas in the south, new encounters, Monfort mine can now be captured by factions, you can also demand tribute from them, the demon realm has been overhauled and is way better and has a really really cool animation in it,

**NEW FEATURES**

* Added a new feature where when you destroy the 5 kingdoms you can explore and discover a new continent finding 5 new kingdoms that are significantly more powerful than the last!
* Demon horde significantly buffed (ie... you are screwed)
* Made arena way more expensive (2.5million with upgrades at 1m and 2.5m)
* Added new cheat 88 well built (+10k units to army)
* Added Old Ruined Demonic Totem to the South Exploration
* Added Four Dynamic Randomly generated Demon Totems to the South
* Added monfort Mine prospecting
* Added insulting demon worshipper throne room encounter
* Added demon worship headgear to demon warder throne room encounter
* Added pledge of the knight throne room encounter
* Band of warriors throne room encounter
* Added Demon worshipper become demon random event
* Added Demon Hunter kills 3 demons random event
* Added dynamic aslona knight quest random event
* Added rare camp assurak powerful ritual random event
* Made bandits steal more from you
* Added band of peasants joined Assurak demon worshipers random event
* Added ability for factions to capture and hold monfort mine
* Nerfed number of throne room visitors per turn
* Added monfort mine tribute
* Added demon realm overhaul
* Added Ability to sell and buy units from the militia in the diplomacy screen

**BUGFIXES**

* Fixed uncapitalised artifact hall bug
* Fixed spymaster payrise throne room encounter bug
* Fixed General payrise throne room encounter bug
* Fixed diplomat payrise throne room encounter bug
* Fixed gibbering monk game freeze bug
* Fixed mad/chaotic/warped races don't randomly change relation with aslona
* Fixed arena not giving any income
* Fixed missing colored diplomat face when asking about faction relations
* Fixed independent kingdoms not recognising certain relation changes and remaining at war with you
* Fixed Aeromancer unit name bug
* Fixed no income from brawl pits
* Fixed no income from animal pit
* Fixed no income from magic theatre
* Fixed no income from scorpion pit
* Fixed no income from mystery slaver
* Fixed ability to enter -number and break the system
* Fixed line spacing issue in diplomacy main screen

**OTHER ADDITIONS**

* Added two new name suffixes
* Added 8 new flag parts for circular flags
* Added 20 New Demon Names to the Generator
* Updated Camp Assurak Ascii Art
* Added 6 new building tilesets
* Updated monfort mine tribute dialogue to show mine master
* Coloured monfort mine ascii image
* Updated text of foriegn noble random event
* Coloured scroll white in diplomacy main screen
* Added colour to the laws screen graphic
* Added new different graphics for owned and unowned slavers fort
* Rearranged diplomacy screen faction list

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2017-02-03 18:24:08

So can't we destroy the demons anymore?

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-02-03 18:56:02

Demons are harder? Aw crap....

So hang on, if bandits now swipe more from me....is that also true for my bandits?
Also, is there a feature planned where you could invest to stop bandits? And no, I ain't on about the bandit scourge...that just bankrupts me faster than a bad night out lol

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 21:41:19

Hi Wastelander! Its good to see you back here!
I think, the game is still crashing when i select the militia in the diplomaci-Screen.

2017-02-03 22:55:13

@Firefly82, hey man I just checked on the ascii free version of the game and you're right, the whole code for the militia screen was marked as ascii and blocked so I've fixed that, should be playable in 0.6.6.7 coming in the next day or so

@DracoSelene89, demons are supposed to be quite an end-game faction and aren't meant to be as easy as the rest smile as for the bandits, defense palisades in the kingdom upgrades menu were made to stop bandits robbing you

@Arnold Demons are definitely beatable, it just takes a mighty army to do so, 20k+ troops I'd say wink unless you find the gate in the south and get em early!

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2017-02-04 05:09:59

Demon buff for update 666, makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-02-04 09:35:56

Also in response to some earlier comments I've missed (sorry guys)

@DracoSelene89, I absolutely would love a custom game maker and have it in the plans, would be stuff like disabling demon horde, choosing number of kingdoms and bandits, how many lands you have, if there are goblin kingdoms, rebellion and bandit horde, if you want the game races to be humanoid only, if you want the plague enabled ect, There would also be special pre-set games, such as... Classic (what we're playing now) Tale of Fifty kingdoms (would have 50 kingdoms) Bandits Aplenty (Lots of bandits) A tale of two empires (you and one other kingdom with 100 lands each) ect

@Dark Gambling is still on the list of things to do, It is a little harder to predict now though with more combatants, also the arena ownership makes tons of gold, but costs loads to buy

@Dracoselene89, there will be some more negatives to having that many bandits, such as becomming known as a bandit kingdom and losing relation and civility, businesses failing ect, it would be cool playing as another race too! the random volunteer was just luck of the draw! sounds like a good deal though, Game of thrones mod would be mental!

@eagalon, added the ability to prospect in monfort mine too! and now factions can capture monfort mine and earn money from it, and you can also request them to give tribute to you each turn instead of capturing them

@Dracoselene89, love the idea of bandits capturing people, there will be more focus on prisoners and stuff soon, you will be able to execute them, ransom them, free them or enslave them, there will be more underhanded stuff at some point, assassins will be in the game in the future, playing as the rebels could be a special game mode when custom games come out

@eagalon, knightly orders still have some work to be done

@Soulkeeper, Gotta demon it up smile

2017-02-04 12:19:35

Oh now that custom game thing sounds  awesome. I have a sneaking suspicion that us lot will make our own custom scenarios for it too, if you make it moddable that is smile

I may have accidentally pissed off the demons a little.....cue Aslona getting owned by demonic hordes. FML

Also, worst mismatch in history in the late game going after the bandits? I left them till last....

Aslona battlescore:

Enemy battlescore

....Yeah. Somehow, I won that. Also, my upkeep for that army was....well......it was impressive. something like 15 million gold a season and I 17.8 million with bandits and stuff....also has the magical fruit farm been changed? Also, I hate the freaking goblins more now. I had Monfort Mine all nicely out and making money for me, goblins slaughtered my minors and took it. Is there a way to station a garrison there or not? I didn't find one but I'm guessing it draws from your overall troop count.

Also, battle scores of over 1 million are awesome...and yes, I feel like I'm at the head of an unstoppable army.

I've started gettting cruller with my subjects in this update mind, I just throw people in the dungeons and let the rehabilitation law turn them into peasants. Free peasants and they then get trained into soldiers...win, win.

Also, holy crap the taxes are effective even if everybody hates 'emmillion

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-04 16:52:18

Oh hey an actual suggestion this time, the new continent thing that was added recently could be expanded ad infinitum, with progressively stronger and stronger kingdoms, but you'd have to explore over seas (with progressively more advanced ships) to find them. Also, randomly generated continent names, if that's not already a thing.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-02-04 19:58:32

wo, nice update,
and the upcoming gaming system sounds great!
thanks for the response.
downloading the update now,
also keep up the good work!

People discard the concept of God by saying that God is the creation of man and according to science no God exists however, they conveniently forget that science itself is the creation and knowledge that man possesses, not the knowledge of everything in existance.

2017-02-05 01:29:36

Little update today guys, a few little things added, I've had a go at adding crowns into the game, they only appear some of the time and they aren't always lining up so great at the moment but they will eventually all have their own stats and additions and shall be kept from king to king in the kingdoms their from, Also some new changes in exploration, you can now destroy the combat academy, the great gar-gallock has his own face, and fort Gorthmek is now way more advanced that before, you wont just gain 25 troops per turn anymore, now your troop gain will be based on the skill of the ruler of the fort and much like the militia you will be able to get assistance from the fortress during battle making owning forts worthwhile!

**NEW FEATURES**

* Added Crowns to the game (work in progress)
* Added Face to Gar-Gallock
* Added Ability to destroy the combat academy
* Made peasants come after soldiers in battle
* Added ability for fort gorthmek to send troops to assist you in battle
* Set fort gorthmek troop limit to be battlescore of fort ruler
* Set fort gorthmek recruitment to be based on rulers battlescore

**BUGFIXES**

* Fixed grim prefix worth text bug (credit u/Fury222222)
* Fixed grim prefix save breaker (credit u/Fury222222)
* Fixed the diplomatic actions screen
* Fixed bandit warlord dissapearing bug (stops bandits collapsing)
* Fixed Game crash in ascii free version of game on militia screen (credit firefly82)
* Fixed game being stuck when visiting faction owned monfort mine

**OTHER ADDITIONS**

* Updated demon music credits
* Added new colouration to compass graphic
* Added colours to thickblood tavern
* Reduced the public opinion needed to hire bandits from thickblood
* Updated Combat Academy graphic after aslona takeover
* Added colours to combat academy
* Added colours to the black market
* Added colour to fort gorthmek graphic
* Added four new name suffixes

2017-02-05 07:10:22

Hey, anyone know where the file download went as it isn't on the link that Dark posted in post one anymore.

2017-02-05 12:46:04

@Kithri, it's in my signature! smile

2017-02-05 13:14:55

Check Wastlander's posts, it's usually there.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-05 13:17:10

Something I noticed. I bought the Thickblood tavern but the manage option does nothing for me.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-05 13:51:22

I thought peasants were always sent into battle before soldiers, to soak up the damage? tongue

2017-02-05 16:45:20

the game crash when you pick a sub captain in the kingdom information.

2017-02-05 17:06:19

I found another bug.

Disclaimer: I cheated in the 777 million code.

Went to buy the fruit farm after exploring for it, then planted as many barrels as I could. Set them to auto sell

The game glitches out and resets my gold to 0 and acts like I got zero gold when I earn over a stupidly high amount every season.

That may well occur throughout normal play too if somebody gets really, REALLY savvy with the whole being good with money thing.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-06 01:13:12

i encountered similar bug, like when my  gold went up  above I think 2 billion or so in the bank.
I couldnt store any gold in the bank afterwards. Royal bank that is.

2017-02-06 06:55:55

Another thing. "enable or disable animation" don't save. so when you restart the game should be disabled again.

2017-02-06 09:20:50

Sounds like you're both running up against max int (2147483647) related issues. You can have it happen with any number, not just gold. Troops, battle score, lands, etc.

2017-02-08 05:27:36

@Dracoselene89, still working on the manage the thickblood tavern, I'm not entirely sure what to do for it

@Soul Keeper, peasants are the only unit that actually earns you money aside from bandits, you would generally protect them and send your fighting units, as the soldiers are supposed to protect the people, I will later add some way to choose the order of who fights but for now peasants shouldn't go first I think smile

@Majno, I will have to investigate further, the sub-captian thing is randomly generated though but that must be on the lords screen so it's some kind of issue with lords information

@Dracoselene89, yeah as soul keeper says this is the max in issue, the computer can't store any more data in that byte so it bugs out

@Majno, I will change this in the next version so that animation settings will be saved smile

2017-02-08 05:29:01

Hey guys, added quite a few things in this update, the demon realm has a new theme song, there are now 4 new versions of the sudden death dice game, one of them hidden, not sure if anyone likes the game but these new versions are also quite fun! also the thickblood tavern has been fixed up a little more and you can upgrade fort gorthmek, also fixed a few annoying bugs and added a lot more kingdom types.

**NEW FEATURES**

* Updated demonic realm theme song with new song
* Added northern sudden death game to thickblood tavern
* Added ability to hire bandits in owned thickblood tavern
* Added Brawls to owned thickblood tavern
* Added sudden death to black market
* Added sudden death tent to upgraded black market (with 4 variations of the game)
* 6Added secret version of sudden death9 hidden in sudden death tent
* Added ability to read information on fort gorthmek
* Added ability to upgrade fort gorthmek (higher troop cap and recruitment level)

**BUGFIXES**

* Fixed duplicate line in north page 2
* Fixed Vassilisation limit being too high
* Fixed Consortium as king consort not historical ruler of consortium
* Fixed animationless demon head not having colour
* Fixed independent troops not multiplied by continent level
* Fixed independent gold not multiplied by continent level
* Fixed bug where 3rd kingdoms peasants could never die
* Fixed fort gorthmek rules not saved each time game is reloaded

**OTHER ADDITIONS**

* Increased max black bank loan from 10000 gold to 1000000 gold
* Increased default vassiliation requirments
* Added No refusal of bandit hire if you own the tavern
* Added Northern sudden death game to owned thickblood tavern
* Added Shogunate Kingdom type (credit u/dystainment)
* Added Imamate Kingdom type (credit u/CraveBoon)
* Added count to county (credit u/milleuros)
* Added Theocracy Kingdom type (credit u/krateng)
* Added Archbishopric kingdom type (credit u/krateng)
* Added Confederacy kingdom type (credit u/krateng)
* Added Viceroyalty kingdom type (credit u/krateng)
* Added Order kingdom type (credit u/krateng)
* Added City kingdom type ruled by Lord-Mayor (credit u/mickdude2)
* Added Imperator of the empire (credit u/thewinterking)
* Added regency kingdom type (Credit u/thewinterking)
* Added Blood clan kingdom type
* Added Triachy kingdom type (credit u/thewinterking)
* Added Margraviate kingdom type (credit u/krateng)
* Added republic kingdom type (credit /u/krateng)
* buffed mystic hut reward
* Added tax collected in the black market for sudden death tent if market is upgraded