2015-07-13 21:58:16

So I have been working on the 3rd installment of Adventure To Fate for a few months now (actually the latest update to battle arena kind of got everything synced up for this next adventure). This game will take advantage of voiceover as much as possible and even offer special content for those using it. Now that I'm getting a little more use to voiceover I've noticed some cool things I can take advantage of.

Anyways the game engine itself is pretty much already built and the story outline is pretty much completed as well. its really about coding the new ideas and creating all the new content. I will keep this tread open as a development journal so anytime i make any big changes or updates to the game I will try to post and keep everyone in the loop. I will try to update the story and update you all on game content as it comes up as well.

Story (part 1): For this adventure to fate we are going to shift to future times when the world is in ruin and the only chance the world has is to fix a time machine and go back in time and right all the wrongs that created the destruction of the earth. There is a rumor of a time machine that is close to completion and your mission is to collect the missing parts from around this ruined world to complete it. While life is scarce there are still groups of people that exist and you will need to collect these parts from them.

Cement Wastelands
The first area of the world you will be exploring is a cement wasteland a large city that has been mostly abandoned by humans but others still exist. You might run into stray dogs, thieves, roaming wildlife, mutant rats, shadow figures, etc...

All guns are controlled by the government even if you were to find one are only triggered by dna. Dont worry you still have other primitive tools to your disposal. Blades, bows, tools and even certain radioactive items are scattered around the world.

One of the classes you will be able to play is a Ranger. The ranger is a expert with the bow and arrow (the only projectile based item left in the world). The ranger also has certain bonuses with pets and has a great connection with the wild.

Pets! this Adventure To Fate will introduce pets that will fight along side with you. You will be able to collect these pets and choose which one you want to accompany you in battle. This will add a ton of strategy to battles and really every part of the game.

Again I will be using this thread as a development log but feel free to ask any questions and let me know if you are interested in testing although it may be a few months out still.

2015-07-13 22:06:40

Added pets images to main battle screen (they now move when attacking)

Pets turn take place after players turn

Pets attacking, buffing, healing, debuffing all working at the moment

When pets turn the stats section shows their stats Stam and energy bars

Added Grey Bear
Passive - Savage Roar (+str for party members)
Maul - strong attack with stun chance
Swipe - attack all

Up next
Add pet selector to create character page
Add 2-3 other starting pets
Remove race selector
Remove stat roller (classes will have set stats)
Add pet tab to main game menu it will look like the spell book where you will choose a pet to equip before leaving town? Maybe Rangers will be able to take a few with them? Or maybe I'll just let you select your pet at any time?

2015-07-14 00:26:17

Sounds awesome, though I'd still plump for the attachment/loyalty  idea on pets meaning that they're a little more than just static buffs.

My only miner comment is it seems a shame to set the game in a post industrial world, and one which presumably being the same from adventure to fate 2 (and quest to the core),has magic, it might be nice to see some class of firearms or technical weapons in the game after all, indeed I always tend to like the magic and gunpouder mix.

Also, fare enough on removing races, however if this is the same world, some explanation of what happened to the none human races might be nice.

Even if this is a different world, some sort of technical class might be fun to play. For instance, imagine a gunslinger class who used guns which had the potential of doing gigantic damage, however needed a long time to reload, would need horns of pouder and shot in order to be used which would need to be either bought at a prohibitive cost or looted, and when not using their guns the gunslinger function as a quicker, but slightly weaker fighter.

going into even more steampunc teretory, how about a steamborg class, who used steam each action, and who became more powerful as they increased their steam pressure, however who also had to occasionally need to let off steam and lose a lot of their strength while they got their fires going again, btw, I just recently read perdido street station, hence the steamborg idea, although in that book the steam cyborgs are referd to as remade.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-14 00:38:22

Hello,
I'll definitely be keeping tabso n this, it sounds very awesome indeed. I will also have to give battle arena a try now that the update is available.

2015-07-16 03:39:21

Hey TouchMint:

I probably played the Battle Arena game for like 3-5 hours straight the other day while I was traveling for vacation. Nice work! I just wanted to provide some feedback / suggestions for the next release.

Screen Layout: I'm assuming you're going to use a similar screen layout for the next release, which involves windows laying on top of one another. If possible, I was wondering if you could make it so that the different screens could be independent of one another...it makes navigating a hell of a lot easier. It's tolerable now, don't get me wrong, but I think it'd be a lot easier to learn if things like the map/travel screen, combat screen, and battle selector were separate instead of layered.

Button Feedback: Lots of menu buttons, particularly the ones in the player menu that has inventory, crafts, skillbook, etc, seem to have a named button and then an actual button you hit. Would it be possible in the next release to just have a single button? For example, when I see crafts button, I can swipe right and then there's another crafts button. The one to the right is the actual button, whereas the one to the left is just a label or placeholder? I'm not sure exactly what happened there.

Movement: In the current game, you can't actually tell where your character is standing via a label. I just tap different locations until I hear the footstep, and then I know the player's location. Would it be possible to have the space where your player is standing labeled? It's not necessary, but it would definitely make learning the game easier for other people who have asked about the movement functionality in the other thread.

Mob Health: Sometimes when I kill a mob, the mob next to it just says "<name of mob> dead" instead of listing the next mob's HP percentage. I think this has already been reported but I thought I'd list it here anyways just in case.

This is what immediately comes to mind in terms of accessibility. Please don't take this as a level of harsh criticism or ungratefulness for the changes you've made so far; the game is definitely more playable now than it was previously. Since this is a new game though, I thought maybe some of the structural concepts could be built to be inherently more accessible from its conception.

On another note, thanks so much for the first game, it's probably one of the most unforgiving turn-based strategy games I've played for the iphone. It requires a lot more thinking and is definitely not something you can just grind through. Rewards for never dying through an arena, playing multiple characters and item sharing through the vault, and other incentives in-game give this a decent amount of replay value, and I'm excited to see what comes next.

2015-07-17 18:09:56

Some ideas and suggestions (warning: most of this is rambling. Some might be sensible, others might be ridiculous or just far-fetched. Also, no spell check, and you may suffer from a severe case of what is commonly known as "wall-of-text-disease" ):
-Combat: You said something about pets attacking after the player. But why not have a speed stat that determines who goes first? (kind of like pokemon I guess, haha) Could even have different stances that effect the stats, or different positions that things assume after taking certain actions (maybe something similar to the kerkerkruip dodge/parry/block mechanic, where your stats are effected based on what actions you've been taking lately). Maybe even skills that can only be used at specific points in the battle e.g: riposting attack.
-Chargen: I personally find the class gameplay thing a bit stereotypical, to be honest. I don't mean it as an insult to your games, or to any game at all, it's just that, in my personal opinion, it's been used so often that seeing a game that says "22 classes and 14 playable races!" in its descriptions just gets me listing all the stock D&D races in my head and, more often than not, moving on. So why not have skills determined by stats, instead of class. Players could be any mix of guns and magic, swords and bows, as long as they're willing to get the required stats high enough to get the set of skills they want. I mean what if I find a sword that can shoot lasers (somehow)? I'll obviously need a high swordwielding skill to wield it, but also some skills relating to guns and accuracy to fire the lasers. Or if I find a giant warhammer of destruction with runes of void generation. I'd need to know enough about runes to know how to activate them and enough about magic to properly use it, but also enough about warhammers, smashing and fighting techniques to swing the weapon around with some measure of skill. Etc etc.
-Pets: Players could find different pets in different places. You probably wouldn't find a cat in the ocean, for example. Pets could develop their own skills, and if they have the proper limbs, wear and wield things. If you're planning on mutations, pets could even show up with mutations (not always beneficial).
-Exploration: Something that has always gotten me about time travel games is how little the game lets you explore. You just enter the machine, push a button and it automatically knows where you want to go, or presents with a list of places that you have to go. I've always thought to myself: "Well why can't I go two years after this point, or to year x, or to whatever point in time I want?" I'd find it awesome if the machine would let you got to a whole bunch of different points in time, not all necessarily having to do with the storyline of the game. What if I want to explore the temperate region of asdfghjkl when asdfghjkl was known for being the hottest desert on the planet? Would be a great mechanic for finding new pets and monsters and equipment, too.
-Time: Different time periods could have different specialties, and players could be given different titles based on their skills depending on where they are -- a person who uses computers and high-tech machines might be known as a scientist in the future, but people in the far far past might refer to him as a sorcerer. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Maybe even trigger different reactions from people -- this same scientist might be well excepted in the present, but maybe not so much in the superstition-plagued land of Azxcvbnmpot. Back to the "specialties" thing, there were probably empires that relied highly upon magic in the past, but maybe not so much in the future. There would be inquisition-like time periods where the player would find the best lore about elfslaying, because that's what the industry was thriving on at that time (elf-hide boots, muahahaha).
-Realtime impact: It would be nice to see the influence of changes you make in the past immediately (or not so immediately, but maybe in the way people react to you, what they do) in the future, and not just at the end of the game. Maybe a whole species of butterflies is wiped out, or evolves differently, because you killed one in the past, or a forest never covers the eastern region of Kerferferblumkptlglgland because you chopped down a tree in the prehistoric age. Maybe not so detailed, now that I think about it... coding all that would be a nightmare for decades, but similar mechanics on huge stuff. I'd understand not doing it for every tree and item, but if a player blows up half a mountain side or sinks the continent of R'lyeh...
-Knowledge: Since you're already implementing time travel as a core concept, it would be neat to see the descriptions of things change as you learn more by traveling through time. Like you might find a mountain at the beginning of the game called "Pflrogiurlkjvvoi mountain." The description might be "This is a very tall mountain, known for its frigid climate, savage wildlife, and the harsh, unforgiving stone of its slopes." Then you go back in time several thousand years and go to that same mountain. "You remember this to be near Pflrogiurlkjvvoi. It is just as harsh and cold as you remember it, although maybe a little shorter. A colony of dwarven miners lives here, they refer to the mountain as Mt. Ironcrag." Then you go back to the future (ha ha) and it says The same description pasted above, but then at the end: "In ancient times, this mountain used to be home to a civilization of dwarves, who called the mountain Mt. Ironcrag."
-Classes and skills: Depending on how you plan on going about it, there could be skills or classes that you can only unlock at certain time periods, or skills/spells/techniques you can only find in certain places, so players have to explore the entire world to make sure their class is as powerful as it can be. There might be a class that everyone thinks is horrible, they scream at you for ever creating it, and you just grin evilly and rub your hands together, until someone says "woah! what's this!" and finds a skill in some hidden cave for that class. Suddenly everyone wants to play that class again and explore the game more, hunting for hidden skills.
OK... This is probably waaaay too long already, so I'll stop rambling. Thanks for reading, have a nice day, scream at me for making so many impossible suggestions, etc.
smile

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-07-17 20:24:58

@soul keeper, usually on principel I'd agree with you totally about classes. In a mud, or a big complex rpg, there's nothing that irritates me than the game saying "sorry dark, no magic for you sinse your just a big dumb dumb muscle head fighter", or "Oooh look, your a mage so you must have the constitution of a paper doll", however there are exceptions, and Adventure to fate is one of them.

The game is based around replay and changing stratogy according to your class, both in what items you equip and how you fight.  the tactics that work for a knight won't work for a monk or for a rogue or a mage, neither will the equipment. It's all about learning each class and getting through the same situations with them, then when you've done it all with one class, trying with another, indeed with the vault and crafting system one class can help another out by building items for them.
The class skills are also not what you'd expect, for example the knight doesn't just load  up with the most hefty gear and spam attack, you need your buffing skills too, and the wizard has different sorts of damage and even some ways of recovering mana. Other classes I've yet to try but you see my point.
When you combine this with races who all have racial skills or traits, you have a very diverse and replayable game indeed, and replay is one of the major points for adventure to fate, at least in battle arena and I believe in the first game, and likely in this third installment too.

Also btw, the monk at least already has some combo style attacks similar to kerkerkruip, eg, attacking in succession or defending in succession makes your attacks or defense stronger.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-19 00:19:14

hey guys i just wanted to let you know im keeping an eye on this but am currently backpacking europe and intenet can be a huge problem. I am of course still working on the game since i have 8-12 hour train rides every few days. I love the ideas so far and plan on implymenting quite a few of them. Sorry I dont have much time to go into detail but I will hopefully have internet for my 12 hour ride tomorrow and give some detailed feedback to you guys.

@bamboo. I am hoping to have all those things fixed and have those added to update notes. for some reason voiceover reads everything even if its not the top element I am not sure if there is a way to change that but if there is it would fix pretty much everything at once that you stated. if there isnt a way to change it i can get creative and move all elements off screen and back on when needed. its a bit sloppy and a ton more work but it should do the job either way everything you stated will be fixed in the next game.

@soul first off great ideas!

I like the idea of speed stat or even just types that go first.

As for classes and races its somewhat for ease of the player and ease for me. players get overwhelmed sometimes when they dont have set options and dont know where to go. also balancing an open system like that is very very hard . lastly I just like the dnd style this guy does this type thing haha.

as for pets you will find them sometimes in different places and withe different skills. as for weilding items im leaning towards not since it complicates a lot of the game systems for me and the player

as for the time travel I dont really have everything set atm. i dont want to give too much away because this games story will be a lot more interesting than battle area (dark made sure of that haha!). you are trying to rebuild a time machine inorder to save earth. you wont be using that time machine until the game is complete. So throughout the game you wont be using the machine just trying to build it once you have completed all of the game you will have all of the parts its really the end of the game. However thats not to say the government or other agencies dont already have working ones which will allow very interesting encounters. something else to keep in mind is that after im finished with this game there is a working time machine in the atf universe so that leaves everything open to everything, dinos, pirates, aliens etc..

hope that answers everything for you I will try to update you on game completion as it happens. i am hoping to finish the character creator tomorrow.

2015-07-19 22:32:51

Got some great work done on the character creator today during my 12 hour train ride haha. pretty much finished up the pet side of the character creator and spent some time optimizing the old code so everything should run a bit faster. I will come back to it later down the road but am happy with how it looks and functions now.

the race selection side is gone and so is the character roller so you will just have set stats depending on what class you choose and maybe a little bit dependent on what starting pet you choose.

I still need to finalize the classes themselves but as of now its looking like I will have 6-7 classes.
Bandit (rogue like character) with bonuses to gold collection and sneaking (great for traps and finding treasures others cant).
Cultist (the only full magic class both healing and damage) uses its powers from the dark side to deal its damage
Mutant (druid like character) can morph as well as do some regeneration it also has poisoning like radioactive traits
Ranger (tracker type that uses bows and the elements a naturalist) will have great pet bonuses which it will rely on as well
Cyborg / Andriod type (this will be the most fighter like class able to wear heavy armors the strongest and will have armor bonus from its metal parts
Mercenary (hired army killer type) unsure of weapon and armor types
Priest - must like original priest but takes advantage of evil

This is what I have so far as well as a few other ideas for classes that might make it in there. I have about 1/2 of their skills done each class will go up to 30 and have 1-2 more skills than last time.

2015-07-19 23:49:57

Good luck on the trip round  Europe, that sounds fantastic ,indeed if your ever in the northeast of England feel free to say hello big_smile.
The classes Sound good, I like the idea of exploring type classes, though as I said above, some sort of fire arms based class might be fun, either as part of the mercinary class or as a class on it's own.
I also will be interested to see what happens to races.

One thing I notice, is that your not mentioning a class that uses enemy skills against them like the illusionist, that could be cool, say a psionic class. Also as we're having pets on the ground, how about a class (maybe an advanced one that needs unlocking), which affects pet attacks? Say a ferril class, someone who has done a tarzan and been bought up in the wild with the beasts and can now communicate with them.
Similarly, while I imagine we're having zombie enemies in the game somewhere, a class such as cannible could be fun, ie you get stronger according to how successfully you attack.

I'm looking forward to seeing the mix of items and such, and the enemies, and exploring is always a favourite part of the game for me especially in a world with a real mix of tech and settings as you said (sinse if there is one thing cooler than magitech it is post appocalypse magitech). big_smile.

2015-07-22 13:00:20

Yes I will be implementing the copy attack as well as the return damage and return heal. I'm planning on putting some of that on the cultist class. The ranger class will work somewhat like the Tarzan class you are talking about. A pure naturalist that grew up in the wild type and has a great connection with animals (will have a bonus and special pets) as for zombies I think I might have it as an unlockable class for once you beat the game. You will be facing a whole section of them for sure.

7-21-15

Polished the pet management page

Moved race code to and stats to classes.
-instead of rolling for stats and some stats being determined by race they will now all be set by your class and a small bit by your pet selection

Rewrote Database Tables
-Added PetBook (list of pets you have)
-Players (added reflectDamage and current pet)
-Npc (added reflectDamage, deathSpawn)
-Rooms (added treasure find, items and percent for them to be in the treasure)
-Items (added reflectDamage)

ReflectDamage will be like thorns works when you are hit the physical attacker will take damage. Will probably use it as radioactive damage.

DeathSpawn will be when an Npc dies it will auto spawn another monster. (Remind myself to add a percent chance of this happening too).

Treasures will just be rooms with items, gold or pets inside.

Up next
Finalizing pet management screen
Adding summary log to main screen so you can read room descriptions and find hints / clues about your surroundings.

2015-07-27 00:05:54 (edited by TouchMint 2015-07-27 00:06:23)

7-25-15

Added text log to main screen
-inside will be room description as well as hints about the room. If you tap the room again you'll have a chance to search it. Searching it may find you treasures such as gold items or pets. It may also just find you some angry monsters to battle!

Added database objects for the following
Rooms
Chance to find gold or monsters
Npcs
Chance to death spawn

Did some more work on the pet management page. You can now switch pets, see their skills & description. Next adding stats and progress bars for pet bond / trust hp and energy.

Fixed a few bugs with pet buffs / debuffs.

Up Next
-adding treasures and loot screen for those treasures.

2015-07-28 17:07:52

I'll say that this is the one area where battle arena disappointed me a wee bit, sinse there is nothing like atmospheric descriptions and randomly exploring, glad to hear both are going to be in ATf3, if the battle system is as in depth as Battle arena it'll be awesome!

2015-08-02 13:21:41

Dark wrote:

I'll say that this is the one area where battle arena disappointed me a wee bit, sinse there is nothing like atmospheric descriptions and randomly exploring, glad to hear both are going to be in ATf3, if the battle system is as in depth as Battle arena it'll be awesome!

All that and more plus a deeper battle system is what you will get with the next game smile.

Update Notes 1-8-15

Fixed some fonts on the new pet management page

+added treasure dropping by searching the room.
added in database
added in upload file
added in upload code
added room search
added code to read file code to tell if there is a treausre or not also checks for gold
added items to loot page they show up and when you pick them up they add to your inventory

##next up
adjusting the design on the loot screen for searching finds
adding find pet to room and if you do so it adds to your pet book
adding finding monsters in a room and it starting a battle
adjusting room file to keep track of all these and rewriting the read.

2015-08-03 01:24:44

This sounds like it will be an awesome game. Would you lose anything by not playing Battle Arena first? I was thinking about picking it up, but I hadn't decided

2015-08-03 05:03:32

Hi.

No, you shouldn't need to. Sure these games are part of a series, but they're also separate games at the same time. So as far as I know, you will not have to have played battle arena or any other games to understand this one.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-03 06:26:25

@Touchmint, very awesome! nothing encourages me to play a game more than having great atmosphere an descriptions, indeed I can think of several occasions I've played games where the battle system etc is rather lacking just on strength of their atmosphere and text, so to get both is great.

@Cody, no, you won't need to play battle arena, however  it is a pretty awesome rpg in it's own right with lots of strategical fights, different class combinations and replay options. You'd be missing out on not trying it, particularly because there is no knowing when future appocalypse will be ready, (you can't rush these things).

Another thing to bare in mind is even when Future appocalypse is finished, it's not just a remake of battle arena, but will have a completely different setting and it's own gameplay style, for example as Touchmint says above, Future appocalypse won't be having race/class combinations, just ifferent classes, and of course it won't have the dungeon type setting, after all it's not just an expantion and remake of battle arena, it's going to be very much it's own game.

So, I'd still recommend giving battle arena a try.

2015-08-07 00:53:50

@dark actually got to London today not sure our plans but maybe I'll pop up there sometime this week. Let me know where you are at I have the euro rail pass so it's pretty much free rides anywhere.

Update wise I added finding gold and pets so you can search and find these things. Everything will be more description based you will have to read and find hints to find the cool stuff in the game smile

2015-08-07 04:54:07

I'm in Durham, in the northeast near newcastle, or at least I am for the next week but then I'm going off to anual music school. I didn't know the Euro travel pass counted internal journies on British trains, sinse the rail system over here and ticket prices are crazy thanks to the governments clever idea of privatising the railways and the fact that the various companies are inconsistant as heck with their pricing, really the same train journey can vary between eleven pounds and over sixty it's nuts!

If you want to give me a yell let me know via e-mail on dark at x g a m dot o r g and I'll pass you some of my contact details.

As to descriptions and hints that sounds great, I particularly like the idea of rewarding observant players by having clues about weaknesses scattered through the game.

2015-09-01 09:58:31

Hey sorry about the update delay and not getting back to you dark. Turns out you were right about the train haha. Anyways I am back in the states and working full time on this game update. Here is a quick little update. Mostly focusing on the coding side and getting everything in but I did do some art and design planning so preview screens should be coming soon for those who can view.

Completed
+Chance to find treasure, pets, gold, materials, monsters and traps on a search.
+First Draft of Classes
Mercenary
Cultist
Bandit
Priestess
Mutant
Ranger
Set images as and a few skills for these as well
+First Draft of Starting Pets
Living Sludge
-Sludge Sling
-Slowing Slime
Mutated Fly
-Distract
-Weak Mutation
Toxic Rat
-Toxic Bite
-Rotten Claw

+Finalized how search and find monsters will work.
Monsters will be found +/-2 levels from your self and in your zone they will be randomized within those parameters

Current Work
+Taunt (this monster must be killed first before the others)
+Death Spawn (this monster has a chance to spawn another monster when it dies)
+Reflect (when this monster takes damage it deals damage as well)
+Reflect attribute on buffs, debuffs and items (weapons armors potions)

Next Work
+Monster prefixes (sewer rat might be the base monster but you can find an angry, elder, injured etc which will alter its base stats)
+Randomizing monster find by regular walking (before I had set each monster encounter on the squares) now you will find them randomized by level range for the area
+Thinking about having base stats and just changing level to affect how strong the monster is so you could find a level 2,3 or 4 snake for example. Same base stats and loot but level will make them harder to fight.

Feel free to ask any questions or toss in suggestions.

2015-09-01 10:32:18

Ah, fare enough, as I said trains in this country are loopy!
Work on the game sounds great though.
I love the idea of monster prefixes, however one other idea might be to stick in some rare types of each monster, perhaps hidden or only available at cerain conditions. So forr instance you could find a level 2-4 sewer rat, and on occasions an angry, rabid, elder, stinking etc sewer rat, but somewhere lirking around would be a sewer rat king, which was like the normal sewer rats but perhaps level 8 or so and much tougher, maybe with an additional attack or two, but some special loot as well.

I'm loving the sound of the new buffs and monster effects, taunt is a good one, sinse I always like affects that change the running order. One other thought I had, especially with attacks like deathspawn might be to have monsters with weakness points, or rather bits of monster that function as separate monsters who affect each other.
For example,imagine fighting a giant squid, but instead of making the squid a single enemy, you fight a squid body and several squid tentacles. The tentacles could have striking and entangling tye attacks, and the body could buff the tentacles or squirt ink. The tentacles however have the deathspawn ability, meaning you need to hit the body to destroy it (and once the body goes the tentacles go too), however as an additional stratogy element if you have a slashing weapon like an axe or a sword you could negate the tentacles deathspawn, ie, you chop the tentacles off the squid.
I've always fancied this sort of fight, I've heard about them often enough in games like final fantasy, where you have an enemy you need to defeat tactically by weakness points. I also would assume artwork for that sort of thing wouldn't be too bad sinse you would just need art of the same creature, and it's not as if the game's graphics are animated.
If this isn't possible fare enough, it's just with you discussing monster abilities like deathspawn and reflect that interact with other monsters this might be a fun way to create some atmospheric and tactical battles.

One other thought on the preview, obviously artwork isn't going to be something blind players appreciate much, but you could consider sharing a couple of text descriptions of in game objects.
Not too many obviously, just a couple of classes, maybe a monster or two and their abilities and perhaps a couple of items or the first area.
I've seen other devs do this and it's a great way to get people excited, similar to posting artwork previews, just the same way that an audio demonstration of the game is like a gameplay video.

2015-09-01 12:47:46

Hi touch mint! I tried your battle arena game and it's great! But, I'm really stuck. how to pass the enchantress and she's company. any help please? I'm a knight.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2015-09-01 18:48:31

hello I was just wondering, is quest for the core accessible? Because if it is, I'll be buying it surely.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-09-01 22:46:54

@Conner, Quest to the core is playable, but not what I'd call accessible, much as  Battle arena was previous to the updates. There are no propper labels on the squares or for the buttons in battle, plus unlike in battle arena you actually have to wander around the dungeon.

If you can cope with lack of lables etc, feel free to give it a try, though personally I myself just made a few extra purchices in Battle Arena to support touchmint (plus 2x gems is useful), and am looking forward to exploring in Future appocalypse.

2015-09-03 07:48:09

@dark yea i like the ideas of the elites and have some notes down on how to do that. There will be bosses as well of course but i like the idea of some monsters randomly being elite.

That is an interesting concept on a have to kill battle I will add that to my notes and think about how I could do that coding wise. I could do something like on the main boss if you kill it it deals 100 damage to all other npcs. the other npcs just re spawn if killed regularly.

I hear you on the writing but since im not the best writter I will likely be outsouring that to friends and that wont be until later on in the build process. I will however post the classes and some skills so you guys can get an idea of whats going on. I will also post some info on how each of the 5-6 zones will be laid out too.

@razvitasca the best thing i can suggest is to make sure you are level 15 before you try the battle having a second attack really helps. another thing is making use of your stat mod potions and being fully equipped. if you are still having trouble let me know your class and i should be able to give you a bit more help.

@connor142 quest to the core is playable as dark has said but it would be a little bit of a challenge. although the game is easier than battle arena straight up without the accessibility its much harder. I have heard from visually impaired people that have completed battle arena not sure anyone has beat quest to the core.

Just finishing up reflect/thorns tonight.
completed on npcs, players, items and testing skills now.