2015-07-09 12:36:33

Yes, it's finally happened! Battle stations! action stations! Alert stations! Train stations! Tram stations! any bloody stations, just get stationed at them and prepare for battle!
The greys are attacking, so all fighters scramble, and if you can't scramble then at least fry or boil something, sinse if we don't intercept the enemy they'll be serving us with a gbig tripple omlit of onions cheese and extra pain with a side order of agony salt!

This urgency is because what we've been awaiting has finally happened, the new title Interceptor from Valiant Galaxy associates has hove into view,a turn based tactical combat space fest where you get into your interceptor fighter and engage in hechtic combat against the enemy aliens known as the greys, oh and yes, I'm aware that it is prejudiced, narrow minded and wrong to refer to an entire race just by the colour of their skin, but it's also not very nice to murder billions of humans across the civilized planets so it probably balances out.

Like any interceptor pilot you'll need to use your weapons such as particle beam, neutrino cannon and rockets to good effect, and compensate  for the damage to your ship's various systems, deciding when and how to accept repares or replacements.
The game costs 10 Dollars, and like their previous title Yellow Bonnet, uses the Guide dog game distribution service, however also as with Yellow Bonnet a demo exists letting you play the first level for free to get a feeling for the game.

For more information you can Read the documentation here  (including an explanation of the history of the war with the Greys and  humanity's interaction with the various other  alienn races across the galaxy).
If you want to dive streight in and get blasting you can Download the game here and of course as usual if you feel the need for comments, questions or other ramblements, use This thread

Now you have your orders so quick march, --- or fly, or at least propell yourself quickly in the vague direction of battle and hopefully do something destructive along the way!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-09 14:29:32

Hello,
@gean: the client has to be running when playing the full version of the game, at all times, from what I understand. Also, an internet connection seems to be required as well.

2015-07-09 14:40:11

Oops! When I saw this thread was in the News section, I thought that I shouldn't have posted my question here, at the same time you were answering, I was removing it to post it in a more appropriate section of the forum.

Here is the original question:

GeneWarner wrote:

Is Guide Dog simply a distribution system? Or is it like Steam in that the distribution client also provides DRM and other functions like in game chat and so has to be running when the game is played.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately, that means I won't be buying these games. From experience, I've found that these clients tend to cause more problems than whatever benefits they might provide are worth.

Oh well...

2015-07-09 16:17:18

Post questions where you will. The news is there to give a message on front of site, but that's no reason we can't have discussion, really it's not as if there are a limited number of threads so we can only have one per subject big_smile.
As for Guide dog, right now it's a distribution and payment system and does indeed need to be running and online to play, however other functions such as score posting,  maybe awards and chat could be added later, Interceptor is literally the second game to use the system so it's still very early days.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)