2015-07-06 07:04:54

This is usually where, after a long absense without updates I'd appologise for the delay and offer an explanation as to why. However, I've decided to adopt a more assertive attitude to life in general, so it is not my fault! it is time's fault! If time just went and did it's job and stood still a bit while I got some updates done, well would there be a delay?
Really, any self respecting law of nature should be a bit more accommodating, that arguably fourth dimentional scuzbag!" that's what it is, Time doesn't get a propper dimention, doesn't get the ability to go back and forwards or up and down so has to be a completely inflexible son of a continuum!

I bet when Time was a young cosmological force he was always picked on by the others, I bet depth laughed at him and knicked his favourite eons while hight and bredth were too busy off playing the vertical and extendable tango! that's what it is, time has a deep seated emotional problem caused by his lack of interaction with dimentions of an opposite gender. I know Einstein tried! to find him a family, ---- or at least some relations, hook time up with that peppy little light speed, but it didn't work out did it, look what time did to einstein?

However, Time might be a complete failure as cosmological constants go, but that's no excuse for time to behave like such a smegger and go and make everyone wait ages for the site updates! Really, I'm considdering pressing charges, ---- time in jail, I bet that would learn him? Then again, he'd probably just come out the other side much the same as he went in, that's time's problem, it never changes, (he should've took Bob Dillen's advice but again, look at what time did to Dillen).

Either way, before time does something intensively naughty and steels away again, here are the updates:

Bridge barron: added a link to the current website though as it's been god kknows how many versions and redesigns who knows if the game is still accessible.

Flarestar: Miner entry cleanup.

Updated links to Deathmatch: project alpha and snow race after reality software's site move.
Added link to level 3 guide from the articles room to Deathmatch: project Alpha.

Beatstar:  entry and description.
Added details of new Dlc Warrior within to Smugglers 5 Invasion.
Deathmatch: a new beginning: ENTRY, description and links.
Blindscape: entry and description.
Graille to the thief: slight cleanup.
Added a question about bans from online games to the site and forum faq, plus added headings for each question to make navigation easier, read  it here
Updated description for Alter Eaon with help from Dentin.

fixed typo on Audio defense zombie arena.
updated Fighting fantasy project description with details of achievement system and guestbook.

Aardwolf: entry, description and links.

Updated front of site text with something a little more recent and more engaging, (thanks to Sander for the edit fix and for adding the function to edit this in the future).

Updated site and forum faq with a question about name changes.
Updated resources section with links to the developer's room and articles room on the forum.

Fluxworld: page and description.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-06 07:59:01

Eh there!

Speaking of Fighting Fantasy, your podcast now officially has an "official" new home/direct link:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/Archived … antasy.mp3
, and you can access the new Blind Cool Tech archive below:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/blindcooltecharchive/

BTW, ya may wish to ask Rick Harmon if he can also host your Smuglers 4? Podcast? Since it was also a BCT creation.

2015-07-06 09:14:49

Ah, cool.

The podcast I created was actually for Smugglers 3, (it was done in 2007 and S4 didn't come out for another couple of years), but when I sent it off to the original Bct, I never got a reply so used my ss account instead.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-06 13:17:33

I tried looking at the updated descriptions. Whenever I navigate to a database entry, it does take me to the page for it, but I don't see any of the text for the entry itself. I.e description of the game, title, genre etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2015-07-06 13:26:32

Hello,
I'm also experiencing this issue when using the combo box to select a game, the page comes up but there is no description.

2015-07-06 16:25:55

Unfortunately, the combo box is still not working. Sander does know about this issue but I'll send him a reminder just in case it got lost in the pile.

All the other ways of viewing the db entries are fine though, you can still use the "gamelist" option to display the hole lot, use the various "search games" functions, indeed victorious if you just want to view the updated pages, that is what the "updates" link on the main page is for.

Hth.

2015-07-07 15:10:26

Dark, why not just submit your podcast directly to the blind geek zone?

2015-07-07 17:30:02

I don't know what you mean  Socheat.. As I said when I first did the fighting fantasy, X hour  and smugglers 3 podcasts back in 2007,  blind cool tech was the place that posted such things although they didn't bother  with the s3 one for some reason.
The podcasts I've done sinse then such as my s5 and King of dragon pass ones I just tended to put up on this site with their ss hosting.

I didn't really know this blind geek zone site existed until trenton mentioned it, though it might be a nice way to reach more people.

2015-07-07 17:44:46

The Blind Geek Zone:
http://blindgeekzone.net
and
http://blind-geek-one.net
, is Ricky Harmon's style for Blind Cool Tech in a way. First was a podcast for mainly Rick's stuff, though now its not as big as BCT back in the day.
  There's also:
http://coolblindtech.com
, which is actually what was originally going to replace Blind Cool Tech, though CBT hasn't taken off like BCT did, particularly when it comes to living spaces and the like.

What I was thinking actually, is if ya could do a second generation of your FFP podcast really, since more and more books have come along.

Ah yes, BCT didn't except all submitions, either do to Larry forgetting to add them, or recording issues particularly.

2015-07-08 09:23:13

To be honest with Bct, as with many things about audiogames, I just ran across them in 2006. I didn't know that much about them, I just wanered over there and listened to anything interesting, like the original podcast on smugglers 3. If the ff podcast was okay, I'd assume the s3 one would be too, so I was always a bit confused why it never got posted.
Stil I'll look at posting on some of these other places.

Another ff project podcast might be an idea, but I'm not sure on that one. Yes, there are now many more books to play, a new reward system in some of them and a list of books vs difficulty and length on the main site, but fundamentally not a lot has changed, and everything I said in the original podcast about impudent peasant is still relatively the same, indeed the only bit that is seriously out of date is that I've now finished several more of the books than I did then, big_smile.

I'm actually more inclined to do a podcast about the choiceofgames on my Iphone, or maybe one about adventure to fate (sinse I know some people have been a wee bit confused by the interface), or if I were to do a pc one about gamebooks perhaps do one on the projectaon or chronicles of arborell, or maybe even age of fable although age of fable is so easy to play that might not be needed.

2015-07-08 17:01:25 (edited by queenslight 2015-07-08 17:07:22)

Hmmm, not a bad idea!

I say do a mini series, and feature all of them in some form of discussion.
I mean, some of each. Fighting Fantasy, Choice of Games, and that other one...

Also, as for BCT submissions, well, Larry didn't have enough time to improove them all I guess... You're no the only one which didn't get all of their submisions up.
Ah, by the way,
http://talking-computers.org.uk/
, that magazine right there, another place for submitting content.

2015-07-10 16:16:18

Your under estimating the powers of the god of lazitude if you believe a miniseries is possible, but it is something I'll think about.
Castings of the pod are something I enjoy doing, it's just having to position all the speakers and such before hand and then work out what I want to say, though usually when I get off my behind to actually do something about it it works out big_smile.

2015-07-11 15:01:18

But I always enjoy of your podcast Dark. smile

2015-07-12 00:00:26

Well socheat, I'm glad you like them and I will see what I can get done as regards another, though as I said usually getting started with one is rather a thing big_smile.

2015-07-12 13:49:25

If you release a new one, let me know! I'm glad to listen to it. because it is entertaining. big_smile