2015-07-04 04:11:54

This is strange,

When I attempt to browse the audiogames.net forums and:
* use JAWS and Internet Explorer, it hangs
* use JAWS and FireFox, it works
* use NVDA and Internet Explorer or FireFox, it works

Seems to me blame could be placed on both JAWS and Internet Explorer. The thing is, they all used to work without any problems.

Maybe this is just another indication that this install of Windows is getting flakey.

2015-07-04 07:06:50

Internet exxploder in general usually gets flaky, and when it comes to jaws, the combination of the two is like total dog and cat mayhem. Nvda with firefox is your best bet or even chrome with the builtin chromevox.

2015-07-04 08:25:34

If you are using windows 7, I promise internet explorer is at fault.
I had trouble using internet explorer when I was using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I remember the electricity cut off while using it. This happened two or three times, and then using internet explorer became a pain in the neck. So try resetting internet explorer to the default options. Or reset internet explorer to the default settings[ something similar]. I'm not sure if it'll work though.

Windows 7 is becoming obsolete now.

2015-07-04 11:17:48

I may have been wrong, it's worse that I thought. JAWS may be the culprit because I had to switch to NVDA to use Firefox. I believe the problem is in the latest update that was released a couple of days ago, after I installed it, I noticed the problem though at first it wasn't bad, it only happened occasionally, and only needed an F5 or a control+F5 to get it working again, but now it happens all the time and the F5 keys don't help, the only options are to wait to see what happens or to use Alt+F4 to exit.

The issue I have with Firefox is that I've run across several web sites that are fine in Internet Explorer but in Firefox, the links and buttons are unlabeled, and it doesn't matter which screen reader you're using.

2015-07-04 14:45:39

well firefox is really slow so I switched over to Chrome, although it has its own accessibility issues. Internex exploder, ha ha ha, is just crap so I would avoid it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-07-06 03:08:22

Well, nowadays, you can get away with not using flash in Firefox, which is really a good thing.

Interestingly enough, I can't reproduce this problem in IE on my end. I'm using Jaws 16, the latest version of IE, Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, and everything is running smoothly. I'm writing this post using IE. But who knows?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-07-06 06:03:12

I'm beginning to believe the culprit is Windows itself, I've noticed some things that make me believe that Windows has crapped on itself. You'd think that after 30 years, Microsoft would have figured out how to write a stable and reliable operating system. Although they don't crash as much as Windows 95 did, they still collect garbagge like pack rats until the over load corrupts it.

2015-07-08 02:05:39

Slightly off topic, but still win7 related.
Is anyone getting the problem after a reboot, or shut down. It has a heck of a time opening any folders without getting the message folder X is not responding.
It takes quite a while sometimes before I can open any folders, even the public folder.

I'm running win7 64 bit, with UAC turned off. any help on this?

Thanks much in advance!
smile

2015-07-08 12:45:52

Hi Mike font,
This also happens on windows 8.1, and it is a fault of windows. But on windows 7 it is more emphasized. That occurs with every program and folder you open. The same goes for windows explorer. There are some times when it might take up to five seconds to open. Windows is a really outdated platform though. I will never fall in love with it.