2007-10-09 01:46:53

Yes, sorry to say that I was truely dissappointed at the end of the game.I heard Lilly scream after she went out the gate and it locked behind her. I hope that the wolf, the witch or the vampire got her, lol. It would serve her right. Of course I will play it aggain and again. It will give me something to do when I get tired of the B-S that goes on over at All in Play. Thanks again for all your help.

2007-10-09 13:18:38

aaaahm what you thinkabout music in chillingham?
ofor me it's amazing! great soundtrack

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-10-09 13:35:51

Hi Seale, yes, I liked the music very much.

2007-10-09 14:58:16

Well, the main chillingham theme is actually Dance Macabre by the French Composer Saint-saens, and the music that is used during the reading of Lilly's letters and at the end is the Fish, from Saint-saens' carnival of the animals.

they are very well put together though I think, being as obviously bavisoft didn't have their own orchestra on hand and had to use synth instruments.

Accept obviously for Grizly gulch, there aren't unfortunately many similar audio games to chillingham out there .About the only one I can think of is descent into madness.

the interface and game idea are similar to chillingham, but the theme is a much more serious horror style, ---- mad scientists, ---- zombies that sort of thing. there is a good deal less music in the game than chillingham as well, ---- though sinse it's free I don't really see that as a problem.

You can get it from http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/assist/e … keFun.html

If your into card games toosweet, I can deffinately also recommend some of the Spoonbill games from http://www.omninet.net.au/~irhumph/blindgamers.htm

I particularly like hearts, Cribbage and Uno.

Unfortunately, I signed up for a free month with all in play back when I was stil living in University accommodation with their firewall of doom, which meant it was utterly impossible for me to actually connect to any of the game tables that were running.

Now I've moved out of colidge and got a flat it would probably work, but I've already used up my free month's trial.

Oh, and these days, my online gaming fund is generally going into Sryth as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-09 15:30:19

Dark Empathy,,
I have played descent into madness and liked it very much,. The game crashes on me though when I get to the kitchen and get the door opened to go into the garage. After playing it several times and it kept crashing on me,. I uninstalled it from my PC. I may re install it to see if that problem has been fixed.
I also play hearts. I wish that there was an accessable game of spades. I really miss that card game now that my sight is lost in space forever,,,lol. I did get the UNO game and like it very much.

2007-10-09 20:03:17

Hi guys
I haven't completed the bounty missions in grizzly gulch till yet but I'm very near from completion. Are there
other things after this missions wich are awaiting me or is the full game completed after this?

2007-10-09 20:11:41

Sorry Nick, I can't help you with this game. I do not have grizzly gulch.

2007-10-10 01:13:32

hi niklas
itąs

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-10-10 01:24:07

Hey, I also have it, and I have finnished it several times.  To answer your question, no there is not much after that.  Altho there is a small surprise.

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-10 01:42:38

Yeh, well someone should do a recordning of gg and chillingham...

2007-10-10 13:26:56

If I can ever work out how to get my Pc and mike to behave, I will andy!

I'm not sure why descent into madness is crashing on you toosweet, but I do remember a rather odd thing in the game that if you carried out things in the wrong order, you'd stil get the consequences, ---- so, I used the hammer to smash the balcony door, and was suddenly getting dialogue from someone, which was weerd as I hadn't rescued the man in the cell up until that point. I probably ought to download the game and try it again.

Also, apparently the devs were working on a system for people to add their own sound files as objects and rooms to create that sort of game, but I'm not sure where that's going at the moment, like a lot of things with audio games, it seems to be hanging.

I have never played spades, ---- I believe it's probably more popular in the states than here in England, but I certainly enjoy that style of trick taking card game, so it'd be good if Ian humphries would develope a spades game, ---- I've maled a request to him, perhaps you should ask him as well toosweet, just to get more votes?

Nio0, who made the Solaris prime audio game is working on a trick taking game with a gladiator theme and similar rules to oh hell, ----- or prediction whist to give it it's propper name. I'm not sure where the developement of that is at the moment, but you can look on http://myweb.cableone.net/lwmurphy/DOOR.HTM for details.

I've of course played card games with braille cards and several friends, though at the moment, I'm more taken up with roleplay than card games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 13:34:57

Hi D E,
I have the braille cards, but can't get anyone to play spades with and so, they are just sitting around collecting dust. So now I am into the role playing games myself. Thanks for the link and I will put in a request to E. Humphrys also for the spades card game.

2007-10-11 03:49:45

Well Toosweet, I must admit I haven't used my braille cards in a while either. Which Rp game are you playing?

I was slightly disappointed when my group stopped playing D&D and our Gm decided to run a game of Mutants and Masterminds, ----- a superhero type game, but it's actually proving to be really good fun (which is odd as superheros aren't generally as much my thing as fantasy).

There are however a lot of rather fun online fantasy type games which can be fun. by far my favourite is Sryth, which has some great writing, as well as many quests to do, frequent updates and a not too complex combat system. there's also a rather nice online community to the game as well. I've just rediscovered Sryth after several months absense, and it's better than ever, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested in interactive stories, rp, or fantasy in general.

the only slightly bad news is that to get full access to the game, you need to pay a yearly subscription (but sinse that's 19 dollars or for a year, I don't think it's too bad). there's a hole load of stuff you can do for free though (a good few weeks solid playing I'd say), but imho subscribing is worth it (it's the only web game I've ever! paid money to).

anyway, if you liked the sound of Sryth just go to here to the Sryth site and try it out.

and Oh yes, I've remembered how to do Bb code!

2007-10-11 04:10:39

Hi Dark Empathy,
Thanks for the web site to the game. I will definately check it out. I do not think the 19 dollars for a year is bad at all. That is a heck of a lot cheaper than All in Play. That is right at 90 dollars a year.
I reinstalled Descent into Madness today and started playing it again.

2007-10-14 08:32:49

cool! I very much hope you check out Sryth, imho it's the best brouser text rpg on the net, sinse there is actually writing (and in many cases very atmospheric writing), about the various places your character goes, and it's not just a constant repeat or stat grind as in other games. there's also no Pvp, though there is a bit of competition through things like wranking lists.

also, there's quite a bit of free stuff to do before you register, so you can decide or not whether you like the game, which imho is a good thing.

If you wouldn't mind please doing me a favor, the link I posted above is actually my "Refer new players" link, and if you register for the game by using it, I get some in game rewards. I'm sorry, I probably ought to have said earlier. i HOPE THIS IS ALRIGHT WITH YOU, BUT IF YOU'D PREFER THE PLANE GAME ADDRESS, i CAN GIVE YOU THAT TOO. SORRY FOR THE MINER DECEPTION THERE.

I'd also recommend joining the Sryth.com forum sinse the player community are a very nice and helpful bunch, and there's lots of extra fun stuff goes on over there like writing of Fanfics, ----- I'm for example writing up the story of my character's dark and tragic past before she became an adventurer. Of course
As to descent into madness, I very much hope you can get through the game okay this time. If i CAN FIND THE TIME MYSELF IN THE NEXT WEEK, i'LL GIVE IT A TRY AS WELL.

2007-10-14 18:45:26

No problem. I clicked on the first link that you told me about.
I am having problems with descent into madness. I can save the game, but then I can't close out the game. I have to shut down the PC to stop the game. When I go to start the game up and go to open the saved game up, I get an error message and no game. So I think that I am going to uninstall it.

2007-10-14 18:52:11

Thanks, I'm glad you don't mind, and I hope you have fun with Sryth, let me know how your getting on and if you decide to register for the subscription.

As to descent into madness, I do remember there always was some sort of issue with saving and loading the game which i don't believe was ever fixed, I think you just have to play it through from start to finish, which is unfortunate, though not impossible.