2017-10-17 11:28:46

Unfortunately i can't help you with the tutorial as I finished that portion of the game a very long time ago.

2017-10-17 22:09:55 (edited by Orin 2017-10-17 22:34:44)

Well, I did too, but the save didn't save to the cloud or anything like I thought it would've when I traded that phone in.

Edit: It looks like the tutorial is now impossible to get through. I looked at the previous pages here when I was asking these same questions two years ago, and it looks different now. You don't get those links like party, world, etc anymore until after the tutorial is complete. Cid's lab just brings you immediately to the ready equipment screen, with no other options. I've got my knife and vest, but when the tutorial says to swap a piece out, I'm not sure what to do. Remove the vest and swap it with... what, for example? There's no inventory to go back to.

2017-10-17 22:12:24

Can I get a quick explination of the battle screen/how this is playable/fun? Just curious.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-10-30 02:48:34

So, basically it plays like your average final fantasy game, with turn based combat. But it's a little more complicated as it's not simply take your turn then the enemy takes theirs, it's based on what's called an active timed battle (ATB for short), When your atb bar fills, you take your turn, and then it starts filling again. Statts like dex I believe increase the speed at which your bar fills up.
The basic layout of the battle screen actually hasn't changed much since I last explained it. Their are only 2 differences. The first difference is a button up above your defend or attack, can't remember, that will use your roaming warrior. The other is the soulbreaks menu operates different if you have multiple soulbreaks at your disposal, so when you tap on the icon on the far bottom right hand side of your screen, if you have more then 1 soulbreak it will list them from right to left. So, when setting up your soulbreaks, the one you want to be in the far right slot you would want to be first on your list in the party equip screen. Then so on. You are allowed I believe 4 soulbreaks at a time.
The third new thing is burst soulbreaks. Basically what they do is usually a decent amount of damage and/or a healing burst that may also do other things. After the use of that soulbreak it will grant haste and burst mode to the user of that soulbreak. After this you will be in burst mode, and your attack and defend buttons are replaced by 2 burst abilitys. Burst mode is a temperary buff though so it's usually a good idea to take full advantage of your burst abilitys when you get them.
@orin I can't help you without knowing the screen your looking at, you can still equip and unequip items, but it is a bit more difficult. My advice would be to maybe try to find someone sighted and just have them help you with that portion, or maybe if some other person who maybe did figure out the tutorial could post that would be cool.