2015-06-21 05:58:09 (edited by Figment 2015-06-21 05:59:23)

I hope somebody here can help me, I've sent an email about this to Klango network, but don't expect a reply until Monday.

I am trying to register on klango.net, and just like here on AudioGames.net, I want to use my name run together as my user ID, it's what I've used for all the forums I've joined.

The problem I'm having is that klango.net keeps telling me that my "User ID is improper" with no further explanation about what they mean by "improper". No other forum has ever had a problem with that user name before, so I'm rather stumped.

Thanks!

2015-06-21 14:08:42

Hello,
That is a strange issue. Although, I haven't seen Klango get an pdate in quite some time, so I don't know what's happening with that project.

2015-06-21 15:29:42 (edited by queenslight 2015-06-21 15:31:23)

The new network that has superceeded Klango, is:
http://en.elten-net.eu/
, though at the moment, it is down.
From their Twitter , it reads:
DNS propagation (at least for my area). DP

In other words, it'll be back up later I'm sure.
I do wish on their site whey would give a more general intro about it, but at least its going well for them...
TrentonTheTMan is my user name on there, for those looking for me.

PS. That tweet I shared was posted 22 hours ago.

2015-07-03 07:31:27

Interesting, I didn't know anyone had taken over the Klango network.
How is this one different? Does it still use the Klango app to connect?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-07-03 09:50:04

Trenton Goldshark wrote:

The new network that has superceeded Klango, is:
http://en.elten-net.eu/
, though at the moment, it is down.
From their Twitter , it reads:
DNS propagation (at least for my area). DP

In other words, it'll be back up later I'm sure.
I do wish on their site whey would give a more general intro about it, but at least its going well for them...
TrentonTheTMan is my user name on there, for those looking for me.

For what it's worth, Elton appears to be back online, or was never off line from here.

turtlepower17 wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know anyone had taken over the Klango network.
How is this one different? Does it still use the Klango app to connect?

I don't know how it's different. It does appear that you can access the site through their client, which is still downloadable, or through your browser. I don't know if the feature set is the same between the two, but I would bet the client provides more features that using a browser.

2015-07-06 03:12:09

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.
I gave up on Klango years ago, so I probably won't check this out, but it's good to know anyway.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-07-06 05:59:49

@Turtle;

We really need to quit meeting like this! wink

Yeah, I'm giving up on them too. I've sent them several emails asking about this user ID problem and so far no one has replied. At this point, other than the minimum maintenance required, I don't think anyone is minding the store over there.

It sounded like an intriguing alternative to facebook because it sounded like everything was done audibly.