2015-06-28 01:31:20 (edited by Loxias 2015-06-28 01:32:04)

Regarding Stadium 2, just did a quick test, loaded my crystal rom and sav and gave myself a mystery gift, then switched back to VBA, it worked absolutely fine. If you tell me what other stuff you did I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Regarding Farfetch'd, I pretty much trial and errored that one, if a certain sequence made it end up back at a point it's already been to, I changed what direction I approached it from. There are probably walkthroughs somewhere that will give more step by step directions. If I find one I'll post it here.

2015-06-28 03:04:23

I give up.  sad.  I feel I've gone every which way, and am missing something.

I can't seem to figure it out, though, so....i'll keep an eye out.

2015-06-28 05:04:06

That's strange, I've tried everything, I tried making a copy of the save loading it in to stadium 2, loading my other save with vba, importing the battery file. and this is the error message I get word for word every time I try to load it.
error failed to read complete save game c:\xx\pca-release\pokemon crystal.sav (1)
I've tried different versions of the N-rage plugin, which version of pj64 are you running?

2015-06-28 06:45:51

Ok.  farfech'd.  here's exactly how to do it
if you just entered the forest
1.  use pathfinder to find farfech'd and talk to it
2.  repeat above. 
at this point, farfech'd will be, according to pathfinder, 3 up, five right.  If you have attempted this before, get farfech'd to this point.  I'm sorry, I don't remember how.  I do know with some patients, you can, using pathfinder, get him to here.  You're looking, again, for pathfinder to tell you he is 3 up, five right.  If this is your first time and have been following these instructions, you should be here.  If you're not, again, have patients and try to get him here.  it's almost over.
3.  go 3 up, 6 right, 1 down, press left.  This will put farfech'd on your left.
4.  talk to farfech'd
5.  go 1 up, 6 left, 1 down.
6. talk to farfech'd
7. Go 4 down.
8. talk to farfech'd
9. go 2 down, 1 left, 4 down, 3 left, 1 down
10. talk to farfech'd
at this point, if you press j or l a few times, blackbelt should be one of your options on the map.  go talk to him and get cut.  I hope that helps.  I was going to write vague instructions, but realized that wouldn't help much, so, I went through and documented step by step.  thank god for earlier saves.

2015-06-28 10:14:14

Update on my pokemon stadium problem, I figured out why it was doing that.
It's my hard drive something is wrong with it or something, I copyed the pca-release folder to my second hard drive in this computer and it worked just fine loads in vba and in stadium 2 with no issues. I can finally enjoy the full pokemon stadium 2/pokemon crystal experience!!!!

2015-06-28 12:20:07

Do you guys have any tips for Stadium 2?  I think I played it years ago but can't remember anything about the layout  or what exactly to do.  I'd love to get the full experience to

2015-06-28 17:17:44

So I'm having trouble finding the hidden machine part for the power plant in Misty's gym, anyone have any tips?

2015-06-29 01:44:53

Well, I take it back, my directories were all messed up so I wasn't even loading the right battery file, I'm still getting the same error message even with the files on a different hard drive.

2015-06-29 01:50:26

I'm running Project 64 2.2.0.3, which was the latest stable version when I went to download it the other day. It comes with the N-Rage plug-in by default, so whatever version of that comes with it is what I'm using.

Also Malloc, glad you figured out the Farfetch'd and thanks for posting your directions!

2015-06-29 02:54:43

Okay that's the one I'm running. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or what could be going wrong.

2015-06-29 13:12:42

I think it must have the following four functions in order to play this game more comfortable.

1. pathfind function need to be able to search on the water (tile 41) also like a normal load. For example, root 40 is the passage for moving on the water by using a surfing. Now pathfind function can not properly guide the route 40.
2. I have to challenge the translation of sprites, but you will not be able to translate signpost. Signpost are not included in the definition of sprites. Maybe, it is possible to edit the "pokemon.lua", it can be achieved. However, I think it should not be edited in more than necessary "pokemon.lua".
3. Some Pokemon requires the use of a trade center on the of the Pokemon Center 2F in order to evolve. In this game, cheat to change the Pokemon you have in any of the other Pokemon exists. However, the cheat did not work correctly. To solve this problem, either produce IPS patches to modify the terms Pokemon evolves, or it will be necessary to support the trade center functions.
4. Pathfind function does not work properly when you walk on the ice (tile 35). When you walk on the ice, until hit the wall, or to be moved on another tile, you can not never be used to change the direction.

2015-06-29 14:31:59

oh 1 more thing forget to mension here:
Pokedex,: you can only view details of the pokemon. The original one, you can see where the pokemon location and easy to fine, because sometime you have to chase down a legendary beasts.
1 more thing I want to see is, we can see where are tree so we can cut it
and, you can see where is surfable water. This is difficult to most players because we couldn't fine the object. I have to use wall to navigate, and pressing the Z button so I can found a tree. And a hole, sometime when you walk, you just fall down. And it's difficult to navigate the Ice path, because you have to push the bolder into hole.

2015-06-29 17:50:49

Hi tspivey!
First of all: I love your project! It is so absolutely awesome to make a mainstream-game accessible! This is again absolutely needed in this community!
OK, some things:
I wanted to tell you that the german version of the rom is working correct with your scripts. I think no one told you yet.
Another thing: The using of the PC in the game is a little bit tricky. Is there anything you could do to make it a little bit more understandable to select the pokemon? The readed lines are a little bit spamming so it becomes hard to see wich pokemon you are selecting.
OK, may i ask some general things?
Are you still working on this project?
Will you try to make other videogames accessible in the future?
Why did you chose this pokemon? Was it more easier to bring in that accessibility than on other games?
Could you tell me a little about what i would have to learn to try a similar project?
I think that there are esspecially some gameboy and snes-Games wich maybe could be played very well.

My very best regards!

2015-06-29 20:03:18

Chances are the reason your gameshark code didn't work is cause you need to change 91 to 01, if 91 doesn't work with a code change those first 2 to 01 instead, I have a cheat list I was thinking of uploading.
Update on my problem. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with project 64 or the n-rage plugin it self. Cause if I load the game in vba after stadium, I get the error message, but if I create a save state and then delete the battery file, load from the save state and resave, I can load the game with no error again.

2015-07-04 00:33:48

I'm glad you figured out something that works, when I reload my game in VBA after using it with Stadium 2 I do get an error message, but my save still loads fine and I just have to save once and I don't get the error message again until Stadium 2 uses it again.

2015-07-04 07:04:16

Hi.
Just tried to run the script.
I get an error 928 when trying to run the main script.
I decided to update to the latest emulater build but when I did I got a lot of unfound files with inputbox.
Am I loading the wrong thing

2015-07-04 10:51:35

i can't figure out what to do in mahogany town. can someone help?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2015-07-04 17:36:49

Could someone here help me with this farfetch? For example i could send my savegame over skype.

2015-07-05 01:07:08

Hi Everybody I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to say that I'm loving this game and even if I had some problems at the beginning I finally ended the joto part and beat the elite 4 and the champion. I used some gameShark codes like walking through walls and modified some whild incounter to train quicker. This project is very cool and thanks to Tyler.
Best regards from Italy

2015-07-05 02:50:59

Hi Leowiatt, good to know that! Did you manage to complete the unown part in which you have to complete a puzzle? Is there a gameshark code for that? And where can I find these codes?
I am italian too!

2015-07-05 15:48:30

No, for those I got sighted help

2015-07-05 17:06:24

what do i do with the switches in the underground warehouse? what's the order they have to be in?

2015-07-05 17:09:07

spoilers

the order of switches is 3, 2, 1.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2015-07-08 07:13:44

Spoilers ahead

But if you want to get all the items in the area you need to try different combinations of switches it opens up different areas of the area you are in. Plus the trainers in that area drop loads of cash and with the amulet coin you recently acquired you can get double the amount.

2015-07-09 00:50:38

can someone tell me how to get to the items in the ice paf? and how to get around?