2015-06-19 19:25:39

It'd be cool for sure, but pokedex data is such an easy thing to find, so its not totally impossible.

2015-06-19 20:57:59

Just want to echo what everybody else is saying, thanks! I'm not a huge Pokemon fan, but this is still more access to a mainstream title than I've had before, and that's awesome. The same concept could probably be applied to other games, but it's something which individual programmers would have to tackle as I'm sure other ROMs aren't similarly laid out.

2015-06-20 05:45:30

Yeah, I love this port, this is the most accessible classic mainstream game we've had. Wouldn't it be cool to do this with bit generations soundvoyager to make it completely accessible? This could turn into a "let's make a ton of maainstream games accessible!" thing

2015-06-20 06:04:40

Not necessarily guys. The only reason this has become as accessible as it is is because the game has literally been hacked into its component code over the span of years, to the point where everything is known. This was not a short process. So not to rain on anyone's parade, but this level of access probably isn't going to happen with other games.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-06-20 20:57:02

I've done some work on multi-language support and the name keyboard.
It should now work with English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish roms, however the hardcoded names are still in English.
I've released this as a beta for now.
Download the beta and tell me what you think. If you load a non-english rom, it should just work.

2015-06-20 22:18:43

hey @tsp, I've just downloaded the beta, I've found a portuguese version as well.. I'm not sure if it's official, but it would be great to send it to
my friends so they can play the game in portuguese as well. currently it doesn't work, I've put the file in my dropbox.
When you have some time available, can you please check if it's difficult to add portuguese support as well? Thank you so much for the efforts, I've
always wanted to play pokemon but never wanted to read a faq and get lost often so this is awesome, I'll certainly replay the game a few times to try
different combinations of pokemon and see what I like best!!!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169 … tal_br.GBC

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2015-06-20 22:54:23

Hmm, one thing I don't like is it's really hard to know where cut trees are since they don't show up as objects. Can you fix this? Makes it really hard to get to things that are behind them.

2015-06-21 02:34:07

Thanks a lot Tsp! I've tried the game with the italian rom and works perfectly!

2015-06-21 05:31:09

*sends link to deganight*

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-06-21 05:49:23

Hello
@tspivey Thank you for including the Spanish version of the game in that file.
Now I 'm going to try if it works well with the spanish rom.
greetings and thanks you very much.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-06-21 09:36:10

Hi, I'm manage to beat elite4, and finding ho-oh on a tin tower, And, About the ice path, I don't know how to explain about it, it's hard, because a walkthrough didn't give mutch detail how to across it. And about the Ilex forest, You need to sneek off behind the Farfetch'd, otherwise, it will go back and forth on a same way, it's tricky because you need find a way, it's behind a wall. I herd someone using cheat to get around it.

2015-06-21 20:20:08

Yeah, I tried to use the walk through walls cheat to skip over the ice path, but it's not going to cut it lol looks like I'm stuck doing this one the hard way.

2015-06-21 21:27:01

If you are willing to use walk through walls, you can fly to new bark town, and go up root 46 or whatever the root going off the first root is. Just use point tracking and you should be able to find your way there. It sounds like the ice path is possible: That is going to be an annoyance when I get there in my game of not using gameshark.

2015-06-22 01:34:38

Hi,
So, I finally got this working.
I have one thing to say:
I am sincerely impressed!
I am planning to do a recording during the next week or so. I need to work out how to level my weaker pokemon without getting smaaashed.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2015-06-22 06:11:40

Hi,
just a quick tip for leveling weaker pokemon. Just put the weak one first in your lineup, so that it starts the battle, Then you can swap in the first round of battle and both the weak one and the one who actually did the fighting will get equal XP. At least that's how I do it.

2015-06-22 18:38:42

Well, I just wanna say I've been having lotts of fun playing crystal, are you planning on making these for the older pokemon games as well? cause I would love that, cause I'm gonna have to gameshark articuno as he isn't available on crystal. At least according the the guide I'm reading. Regardless thank you for making a game that I used to play all the time when I was younger easier to play, much easier. Oh and I did wanna point out that some of the items aren't marked, I spent a good part of 2 hours last night looking for headbutt and I can't find it. Idk if it just isn't their or I keep missing it.

2015-06-22 18:56:35

You get headbut in ailex forest, cut down the tree blocking your way and talk to one of the people there and he'll give it to you.

2015-06-22 19:09:46

I talked to that guy he just talks about head butt he doesn't give it to you, or he didn't give it to me.

2015-06-22 19:19:20

Nevermind just found it. hmm

2015-06-23 02:32:48

Thank you so so much for this.  this should be a good jumping in point for me, as I eventually want to get a ds and play the later versions as I've heard they're doable. 
is there any way to get the pokemon missing in this version that are present in others?  I heard someone mention a gameshark, but I have no idea how they work as I've not used one before.

2015-06-23 07:31:31

The gameshark is built in to the emulator it's under the cheats menu, and I found a website with every gameshark code you will ever need which I will post here. http://www.supercheats.com/gameboy/poke … es-not-co/ Other then that wesite I don't know how else your gonna get them cause the only other way I know involves using pokemon stadium and project 64 with a gameboy pack emulator and a older version of pokemon to trade from, wish we could trade using VBA between eachother, that would be bad ass.

2015-06-23 11:09:25

Hello guys, I would ask if someone can complete the kabuto puzzle without help. I've completed it with help of my Brother, but I think is not easy to complete for a blind player. I've seen that there are various cells, and in every cell there are two possible sound. So probably the way to complete it is to remember the type of sound in every cell.

2015-06-23 12:02:53

Am I right in thinking the opponents health is given in fractions of six ?  Either that or I missing something because the damage of my attacks isn't read out.
Thanks for the game shark clarification.I want my Charizard back . :d

2015-06-23 17:39:24

Hi  I've got a serious problem going on. I run vba and the lua script, and then if i tr to use any of the keys like c for coordinates, it doesn't work. Can someone tell me what is going on, and how to fix it? Thanks a lot.

2015-06-23 19:44:38

Hi Zseli,

which screenreader do you use? I tried it with jaws a few days ago where the same problem appeared. I use NVDA and it works perfectly.

Greetings,
Janagirl!