2007-09-29 00:52:48 (edited by dark empathy 2007-09-29 01:03:51)

Yes! it's finally happened, or at least it might at some time in the next year or so. Not one, but two of our dedicated bunch of Developers have announced plans for audio rpg games.

first we have che martin of Blind adrenaline, him of the highly successful rail racer. He's announced that as of now he'll be putting efforts into creating a fully audio, online world, similar to mainstream games like world of Warcraftor Everquest. Players will be able to use magic and weaponry of various sorts, from swords to guns, embark upon a variety of quests, voice chat and interact with other player characters, --- perhaps cooperating with them on a quest or to, or competing against them in player vs player contests. It's even possible players will be able to create their own quests, items and enemies to be added into the game, ----- in fact, the possibilities are endless!

the game will be entirely online, and will require a small monthly subscription to play.

At the moment, the game is in the earliest stage of developement, and so it's doubtful that anything playable will appear until late next year, however judging by Rail racer, I'm already excited!

Make sure to Keep tabs on the Blind Adrenaline site for more news about the game, including some upcoming opinion poles where by your votes you can inform Mr. Martin about what you want to happen with this fantastic project!

then, Robbert Osztolykan of the amazing Developement group Lighttech interactive has announced he's beginning work on a new audio rpg game in the style of games like final Fantasy or Secret of Mana. the game will feature a detailed real time combat and magic system, a huge and diverse world to explore, magical and non-magical items to find, many Npcs to interact with, and a complex and interweaving ongoing story where nothing is as it seems, as well as a number of smaller, optional quests.

judging by the atmospheric use of sound, and the highly immersieve games produced by Lightech, I also think this is something that will turn out to be a truly awsome audio experience!

to try out some of Lighttec's other titles, just Visit the Lighttech site

You can also have your say about Mr. Osztolykan's project Right here on this thread in the comfort of the Audio games.net forum

Now If you'll excuse me, I'm going off to try and invent a time machine so that I can skip into the future to the point when these two glorious games are both finished. Of course, there's a chance i might blow myself into tiny litle atomic quantom particle bits, ---- but it's well worth the risk!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-29 02:35:51

This is great! Interesting!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-01 03:06:57

Actually, RPGs are great. Just what the blind community needs. I can't wait, good luck.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-10-02 06:53:34

I'm not really sure an MMO is the way to go, but it will be interesting to see how many people are willing to pay the fees.

Myself I might try it, but I feel I'm not likely to play it for long.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.