2007-09-27 04:00:47

Hi there.
a few years ago, there was an old dos rpg game out called Arena,  Does anyone know where I can get it? it's not the arena by infocom, at least going by my memory.
There was a dos port and a windows port.
You use the up and down arrows to play, pointing to what choice you want, and hit enter.
The intro reads something like, Hey. Look. another child entering the arena.  Isn't this just darling?
Does anyone have a copy or know where I can obtain this game?
Thanks.
The second game I'm trying to find is called win fight by dan zingaro, Does anyone know where I can get a copy?
I've emaild Dan about winfight but so far I haven't had a response, He thinks it's an awful game but I found it quite enjoyable, Unfortunately, the game was lost and I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks.

2007-09-28 17:24:24

i'm also looking for winfight. what would be great is if dan ported it in danzgames to windows, and then... wel... had it so we could make our own quests, with a quest creator. and you can make quests in multiple parts! wow, that'd be brillient! so quest 4 might be the first in a series of missions. because quests 1 2 and 3 were all taken i think.

2007-09-29 05:06:06

This just in...
Apologies, but I just checked and don't even have the binary. The problem with the game was that there was too much randomness that affected the outcome
of the fight. I can't even remember any of the customers who purchased it, so I don't know anyone who would have the full version.

Dan
This is some pretty sad news...... btw: isn't randomness in the game the thing that makes one want to come back and play it over and over again?
Just to clear up some confusion, winfight was... er.. a windows game, and arena was a dos based text rpg that came with a windows installer.