2015-06-05 21:08:39 (edited by serrebi 2015-06-18 17:30:48)

Someone please move this if I shouldn't have posted this in the new releases topic, but
http://blindraver.livejournal.com/293661.html
This isn't my project, Just something I zipped up with required files: I hope someone has fun with it, anyway. Braillemon still has some features this is lacking, but this is much longer. I don't know of an audio game this long.

Edit: The developer has released an official variant of this thing: Download it from
http://allinaccess.com/pca/

2015-06-05 22:07:53

Just to point out from your blog post, the wall sound never went away in the 3ds games, it's still there, and I've beaten pokemon x and y multiple times. Just thought I'd point that out.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-06-05 22:26:54

Lol! Edited the post, but that is still in the ReadMe. My mistake.

2015-06-05 23:13:22

This script is still very much work in progress (and no, I'm not its creator). However, here is a newer version which also adds the F7 key to read out the health bar of your opponent while battling. This link will probably continue getting updated with any future versions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1060978/pokemon.zip

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2015-06-06 00:25:51

thanks for the original post, and thanks for  the updates of the script.
I try to beat the game! thanks!

2015-06-06 00:41:13

Thanks will monitor that link. I updated my pack with the newer version you speak of as well. Also included auto hotkey setup file.

2015-06-06 00:48:18

This is great. Thank you very much for this wonderful contribution.
A dream come true, a completely accessible Pokémon.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-06-06 05:20:34

hi it is a good game
but i want to pay game
but i can't play because game run hard
how to run game please record audio thanks

2015-06-06 07:58:57 (edited by ambro86 2015-06-06 07:59:33)

Hello, thanks for the news, I will try it for sure! I would to ask if the scripts works if I use an italian version of Pokemon cristal?

2015-06-06 08:14:07

@ambro86 I've tried with the spanish version of pokemon kristal, and the result wasn't perfect, but the game can play, without some features.
In the english version, the script add some sounds to steps in ground and grass, but in other languajes than English this feature doesn't work, and the coordination system have some mistakes, but in the first part of the game aren't important. I don't know more far in the game, but if you want, you can try.

2015-06-06 08:29:02

Hello.
Anyone know if there is way for the scrip work with other language versions of the game?
I wanted to play the Spanish version of the game with all the features of scrip.
greetings and thanks.

2015-06-06 09:22:43

Thanks Sanslash, I've tried it for the first shenes, for now in english, I've obtained the Pokemon and go to house ecc. I think is a good job!

2015-06-06 12:18:01

This is fantastic!  Though I am now curious to see which other  games we could make playable through this method

2015-06-06 15:58:38 (edited by stewie 2015-06-06 16:02:55)

I am having a problem when I attempt to run the lua script. I have the interpreter and the rom, but I get a "Cannot find names file." when I try to run the pokemon lua script. The names.lua file is not in the pokemon directory at all. I see default_names.lua, but the other is missing.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2015-06-06 16:38:19 (edited by serrebi 2015-06-06 16:46:23)

Here's a quick audio demo.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 … wToUse.mp3
I'll include this in the next pack update. Just remember you need auto hotkey installed for this to work.

2015-06-06 19:22:34

thanks for the tutorial, that will really help when I get time to try this later tonight. 
As I said before, I'm really curioius how this came about, as this could theoretically make games like pokemon and yugioh for example playable if continued which is amazing. 
Now to try find a mariland walkthrough of crystal.

2015-06-06 20:55:09

dan_c wrote:

thanks for the tutorial, that will really help when I get time to try this later tonight. 
As I said before, I'm really curioius how this came about, as this could theoretically make games like pokemon and yugioh for example playable if continued which is amazing. 
Now to try find a mariland walkthrough of crystal.

https://github.com/kanzure/pokecrystal

2015-06-06 22:38:22

Hi! Thanks for the tutorial. We'll see how this works, since I've never worked with a program like this. I love pokemon, and I can't wait to try this out. But I have just one question. I know you said it works with NVDA, but how accessible is it? Are there any inaccessible parts that players should know about? Thanks!

Role-play? Simulation? Strategy? Throw it at me! I'm all ears for the games!

2015-06-06 22:45:13

Oh, one more thing I forgot to ask. Where can I get a ROM? Are there any websites you prefer to go to for that?

Role-play? Simulation? Strategy? Throw it at me! I'm all ears for the games!

2015-06-06 23:01:43

Only inaccessible part for me is setting your own custom name. Every other menu seems to work fine for me. A rom can be found by googling, or by just using my pack linked to in the first post of this thread.

2015-06-06 23:59:03

Hello
@LadyJuliette If you enter the first link, you will find a link at the end of mega publication on that link is all you need.
Greetings.

2015-06-07 07:40:46

Ahoy there
serrebi thanks for putting this package up and my thanks to who ever created these scripts!
Took me a while to figure out but I managed to get to elm, and pick a pokemon. had no idea what pokemon each  pokeyball had so ended up picking my favourite firehouse :d
Are these footstepsounds and wall sounds already in the game? or have these been added as someone said that they here them in English but not in other languages? I guess it must be to do with the roms.
For some reason I keep on getting unable to create or save the save file errors,and sinse I don't see a load a new game option in the main menu I guess my progress was lost.
Any of you experiencing this error?
Everything in the script works well besides 2 things. first battles, its hard to understand how much damage my attacks are doing and the opponent. and I suppose I can change the second one myself,the keys to read items on the map because I'm using a laptop and using the fn key along with the f1 f2 etc keys gets to be a pain after a while.
Still great work!
Now only if I can save and load I could go and catch em all!
:d

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-06-07 14:35:58

There are problems saving because the included vba.ini has save paths that link to a d: drive instead of a c: one. Delete those lines from the ini and they should use the actual directory that the vba emulator is in.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2015-06-07 16:42:37

is there an audio tutorial on how to get this working and how to save?
I am confused with the two links on this forum.
and is this 100% accessible or are there many bugs?

"He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes; he who asks no questions stays a fool forever." - Chinese proverb
"dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of death will not be able to touch you" - Guru Nanak
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. - 1 Corinthians 13; 4

2015-06-07 18:10:42 (edited by stewie 2015-06-07 18:12:24)

As it is now, navigation is kind of painful. I uploaded a temporary solution. Hopefully someone can do something with it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/501 … cripts.zip

This essentially just adds a toggle to enable and disable navigation announcements when walking.
When you walk, terrain will be announced when it changes. For example if your walking left and the terrain to the up changes, you will hear "direction number" (IE "up 24"). This however only uses the integers of the terrain types, it doesn't use the actual names. You can press f8 to toggle navigation announcements on or off. This should also remove that annoying "cannot find names file" error.

I only know the following.
0: Normal ground, you can walk there.
18: Tree that can be cut down.
24: Grass.
113: A warp, usually to a house.