2007-09-24 03:16:31 (edited by ABCGamer 2007-09-24 03:18:57)

hi i come back on forum and find my msg is deleted. now i think even more bad for rsgames. u cant even take criticsm  so u delete topic so im reposting it. u shud download games from ppl know how 2 make games. Not lil kiddies like u. u put togethr program with input box. and sapi. and dialogboxes. u should learn how 2 make games or go do ur homework instead. u will do better at homework. btw window installer has messed up my system. thanku for this miserable thing u call game. like i said go do ur skool. game creatin isnot 4 u. no 1 is gonna play ur horible game so dont waste ur time.

Thumbs up

2007-09-24 03:18:18

Yes. I got rid of it. I though my message would be deleted. Not the entire topic. Sorry, I missed the directions, lol. Would ABCGames (I know you name) please stop. Thanks.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-24 03:23:54

RSGames is  temporarily closed for now! You happy, you just ruined everyone a new game I was going to finish. I am telling you a great game. Much better than my stupid GSV. I know it is crap. Someone wanted it so I made it! Okay! This was for one person, but I thought I would release to people in case they want it. GSV isn't a game. It is a quiz.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-24 03:30:26

I did what a person asked me. People, it was personalized for someone. It is not even a game. I know it sucks! Stop complaining. I have a new game in mind, but it may be cancelled because ABCGamer ruined it for you all! I am not arguing anymore, if people refuse to grow up, then let them. Again, I though my post, not the topic would be deleted.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-24 03:32:45 (edited by Ryan Smith 2007-09-24 03:37:24)

Harrasing people against the forum rules! Warn/Ban ABCGamer!

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-24 03:39:30

Yes people stop it! This game it's his first game. Why do you have to complain so much? Everyone has to start somewhere. Now see what you've done? Don't we want more games? RSGames has potential to become a good developer. Just give him a chance!

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-09-24 03:46:01

Yeah.
They do. But first we have to think of ideas since I can't think of any for RSGames to come up with.

Thumbs up

2007-09-24 10:02:47

Small technicality -
Something can not possibly be a rip off if it is free.

Combined with the use of the term "ppl" I can completely discount the original post as lacking anything of intellectual value.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2007-09-24 13:00:09

Intelectual value? Yeah, ok. His post made absolutely no sense. We folks who use screen readers, or at least this particular screen reader user doesn't like the way it handles so-called internet lingo. It's little morethan just an attempt to be lazy.
  And Ryan, maybe you ought to calm down a little? That was what, five posts in a row? I agree that that post by ABC or whoever was highly inappropriate and, well, immature, but there's no need to have a heart attack over it. If you're a new programmer of course you're gonna start with something small, and yeah it'll probably have some bugs, but that's to be expected. I doubt that my first project, if and when I decide to try my hand, will be even close to perfect. I'll have to reiin myself in and do something small, and not the enriching, engrossing title I'd really like to do. While I agree that the Audio Gaming market is badly in need, no, desperately, of more challenging games with decent replay value, those will only come when those developers we have, or someone new, decides to take the time to write them. I myself would like to see a game in the style of Final Fantasy, but even without all the graphics it would probably take at least a year to code if not longer. And a game in the style of Final Fantasy VI would doubtless take even longer.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2007-09-24 13:52:15

Hi,
That first post by ABCGamer didn't make *any* sense. Ppl, isn't there a guideline on the forum against that stuff? And that game is great for a start (GSV). ABCGamer, you shouldn't have said all that, but after I think about it 2/3rds of his post are ununderstandable. Screen readers don't read any of it right.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-09-24 14:12:34

I can think of more than one Dev who started with a fairly symple project and is now creating much more complex and interesting games. As has been said, there's nothing wrong with starting small and going from there.

Abc, while it's quite legitimate (and can be extremely helpful), to cryticisea developer, hurling random abuse is not going to get anyone anywhere, either in terms of constructive action to creating new games, or dealing with any bugs or other problems your having with the old ones. If Guess the voice has indeed caused problems on your machine, the person who programmed the game is probably in the best position to give you advice, thus flaming him is doubly futile.

I also fail to see why the use of sapi or dialogue boxes in a game is automatically a bad thing as yur post implies (would you say the same of Lone wolf?). Please remember Abc, that even on a net forum, and even when cryticising something, politeness is always a good idea.

ryan, obviously your annoyed, but I suggest you simply move on to the next project, sinse no actual cryticism has been made of your game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-24 21:14:55

Read the other topic, I sort of agree on the multiple topics thing. But my opinion on this is in the new topic.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-09-24 21:55:53

Thank You All. People like ABCGamer are destroying the programmers of the future!

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-24 22:12:19

Yeah
Ryan people (or how ABCGamer puts it, ppl) who do this kind of thing are impolite!

Thumbs up

2007-09-24 22:46:28

Can a moderator delete this topic!

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-25 00:11:36 (edited by cx2 2007-09-25 00:12:30)

By intellectual value I mean using IRC speak doesn't tend to make you look like an intelligent person who thinks out what they say before saying it. Using IRC speak makes you look like a kid, thus accusing someone of being a kid is a completely mute point.

I sort of wondered if the 5 posts in a row were due to posts being deleted later in the topic? So Ryan may have been replying to posts that were later deleted?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2007-09-25 01:19:58

No.
Don't delete this topic, because then people can see what not to do.

Thumbs up

2007-10-01 11:42:23

Topic is closed like an uncooked smelly mussel. Please keep it down a little, ABCgamer.