2017-11-16 18:52:29 (edited by JLove 2017-11-16 18:54:27)

@seb2314,
Re post 320 and the map:  I have searched the forum multiple different ways, and see no list for the map menu or points of interest.  I've tried multiple different search terms, including "grand theft auto map," "GTA/grand theft auto navigation," "points of interest,"  "GTA/grand theft auto map menu," etc.  So either I'm just not hitting on the right keywords, or it's just gone.
As no one other than Brad has offered to write a guide related to this, as we have heard nothing from him, and as you have expressed lack of desire or patience to create the guide, I am considering trying to make one myself.  The main difficulty that I will have in this task is acquiring the sighted assistance that will be required to complete it.  I suspect that it will take a couple of hours at least to document all of the menus and the like, and the neighbor friend that I had who was very good about reading things for me moved very recently.  I've got the patience to do it, but finding a sighted person to sit down with me for any length of time is going to be a challenge.  However, if I can get everything installed and working correctly, and if I can find someone willing to help me, I'm willing to write something up for everybody.

2017-11-16 18:58:18

I wish I could post the layout of the map menu but I don't have it anymore and I haven't played this game in a while. This is honestly why we need a guide. It's easy to lose important info regarding games when everything is disorganized. I'll try to search my hard drives, but I can't promise anything.

2017-11-16 19:03:56

@JLove I'm glad that you want to make a guide now. I hate it when people say they're making a guide, but then they don't do it. If you get everything working correctly and make a guide that would be so great!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-11-16 20:10:28 (edited by JLove 2017-11-16 20:13:26)

@Seb,
This is why I am such a huge proponent of a guide being created at the time of original posting of any game when possible, or at least within two to four weeks thereafter, because if it's not done then, it seems that it becomes much more unlikely that it will be written at all.  For example, in this case, we've had an offer to write a guide, but have heard nothing back from the person who made that offer, and you yourself have acknowledged that there is a need for documentation, yet for whatever reason, you have said that you are against writing one.  This seems to be a trend with this sort of thing.  It seems that if documentation isn't written soon after a game is posted, then more likely than not, no one will have the inclination, motivation, or patience to do it, and it won't be.  Given how valuable the documentation is in these cases (i.e., just look at the Japanese guide that was available for us; thank God for it, or else many people would have possibly missed out on the great experiences of the BK series, SR, etc.), I am quite frankly surprised at the trend.

2017-11-16 20:56:39

Hi.
At Seb, if you still want to write this guide, I think I can help you with that a bit. I recorded an audio demo some months ago, I don't know if you heard it or not, but if you want, i could do some parts of the guide.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-11-17 01:31:34 (edited by seb 2017-11-17 02:19:09)

@JLove You're right. As I mentioned previously, the reason why I did not write a guide when I was really into this game is simply because virtually nobody was interested in this game at the time it got released for pc, because if you play the Xbox 360 / ps3 version, you're wasting your time do to those versions not having the first person view mode. You also will not be able to use the autodrive if you're playing on a console. Now that some of you seem to have some interest I'm really considering it.

I can release something this weekend. In fact I already started it. Luckily I found my old notes about the different menus, their layout, etc. Just let me know what you want to know in general and I can try to write something. Again, I'm going to write a small guide talking about the gameplay, driving to wherever you want, the trainers' options and the layout, etc. I am not going to make a guide on how to install the game or some mods like the autodrive, because those already contain enough instructions to install them and make them work. So you guys are going to have to make them work by following the instructions that comes with them. If nothing works for you, uninstall the mod and reinstall it. I'm not going to offer support for that. Writing a guide is already tough let alone trying not to forget anything, so I'll only write about the game and the mods, not about installing them. Here's a thing. Memorizing the trainer layout is already tough as it is, so if you're not able to install the mods , you need to work on that before trying anything else. In fact, if you really can't make a specific mod work, contact its developer, just like a sighted gamer would do. There's nothing I could do to help you even if I wanted. Not trying to be rude, just being honest here. Now that this is out of the way, let's move on. I'm open to know what you guys want to know about the game. I talked to simba on skype and we agreed that one of the coolest thing using the autodrive would be to go wherever you want, such as the beach, golfing, your house, bars, etc. And that is doable. Let me know what else you want to know about the game and I will try to write something in the article room regarding everything. This game is far from being accessible, but you can have some fun playing it, especially with those mods.
@simba Feel free to add or edit whatever you want after I release the guide. Also, I haven't played this game in a while and I'm not planning on playing it anytime soon, so feel free to do another audio demo testing the map's points of interest and how they work with the autodrive. That would be pretty awesome.

2017-11-17 03:53:50

I wonder if its possible to do all this on mac, or if GTA 5 is even available for mac. I don't think my pc would run this and I don't have steam. If its possible to get the game without using steam, I may try and see if it can run on my pc, but I doubt it. I may even try steam, but when I tried it before it didn't work.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-17 03:59:01

@BlindJedi What are your pc's specs?

2017-11-17 04:27:27

I know the steam version you have to do the 7 right arrow enter, you're scrolling through a menu with text laid out horizontally at the bottom of the screen. and I have this one car mod, or had, since the last time I played was two windows installs ago, but it would let you like control more aspects of the car like kill the lights, kill the engine, open the doors, hood, trunk, etc. Well, if you popped the door open at a guy, it would like slam into him and knock him to the ground, funny as fuck, at least visually, audio wise, nothing spesh. I haven't played in a while, and so my knowledge of things may be out of date, that, and I'm just not inclined to write up a guide.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-17 05:06:43 (edited by seb 2017-11-17 05:08:57)

I haven't played in a while either hence why the motivation for writing a guide is just not there. I'll just edit the notes I found so you guys can understand them, they will serve as a guide with no problem. However, I am not interested to support / test them for the moment. They were working earlier, and I'm pretty sure that some things are not going to be accurate, but feel free to ask for sighted help if you're unsure of something. I remember taking about 12 hours looking at the asi file for the trainer and manually translate it back to a notepad, option by option, and there's no way I am going to do that again. Here's the good news: You guys will be able to use the drive to waypoint feature easily which is for me the most cool thing about this game as a blind player.

2017-11-17 05:50:02

My graffics card is something like an intel (r) gt44 or something, can't remember how to ceck what processor I have though.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-17 17:10:20 (edited by JLove 2017-11-17 17:10:41)

@Seb,
The only thing that I will say is that, while I understand your reluctance to initially write a guide based on lack of interest, it might have been prudent to do it anyway, because you never know what the future holds...I didn't stumble onto BK2 and SR until years after they were completed...and thank God there was documentation to help me initially.  You never know...don't just assume that since there's no interest in something immediately that it means there never will be.

2017-11-17 17:14:08

@JLove
You're right. Knowing you guys are interested in what this game is able to offer makes it a lot more motivating though.

2017-11-17 18:10:49

I've always loved games.  And while I love audiogames, I grew up with consoles (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, etc).  One of my favorite games as a child was Mike Tyson's Punchout.  I could actually beat it.  Still can, actually.  Then I started playing MK.  I've always loved sports, and I got really good at the 2k series, both NBA and NFL.  But I digress...lol.  The point is, I've always been interested in mainstream games.  So when I saw this thread, I was extremely pleased.

2017-11-18 22:27:16

Quick update to let you know that the guide is coming along. I am not interested to host though, since the only thing I have is dropbox and I haven't set it up yet. The guide will come in multiple word documents, so I need someone who is going to host it. Hopefully things will be ready for tomorrow night, if not Monday morning.

2017-11-18 23:51:06

I appologize for the horribly outdated first  post.  I will update it with  whatever sebastien chooses to write for his guide.  info and links and such.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-11-19 00:10:20

@hadi.gsf Awesome. Are you able to host?

2017-11-19 01:24:25

Hey sebastien, Sadly i can't at the moment. the only public  space i've got is dropbox. does that help?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-11-19 03:27:00 (edited by seb 2017-11-19 06:13:54)

If you can manage to host it for long, sure. I can send them to you in private so you can host them. I just don't feel like managing dropbox at the moment, so it would be nice of you if you can keep the file uploaded for everybody interested. I don't want to post the whole guide in one single post, would be too confusing because the menu layout takes some time to master

2017-11-19 16:34:54

Looking forward to the guide when it's uploaded

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-11-19 18:54:47 (edited by seb 2017-11-19 18:55:09)

Well, as promised, the guide is complete. @hadi.gsf could you please PM me your skype so I can send you the required files so you can host them? Thanks in advance

2017-11-20 01:37:25

@Seb,
I can host them as well if need be, and if you are not opposed, I can also put the guide into HTMl format if that would make things easier.  Just let me know.

2017-11-20 02:11:14 (edited by seb 2017-11-20 02:12:24)

Sure if you can host just PM me your email address. You can pretty much do anything you want with the guide, modify it, I have no problem with that. Do to me not playing the game anymore I am not going to support it, however I'm totally okay answering questions regarding it. It comes in multiple documents. Do you have skype or something so we can talk about it? I'll give you the file, feel free to post it online once it's uploaded

2017-11-20 02:33:42

I sent you the PM with my info, both Skype and email.

2017-11-20 03:12:27

Update:
I sent the guide to JLove so he can edit it, he might put it in HTML. Once everything is okay he's going to post the link so you guys can download it. Then, I'm sure hadi.gsf is going to edit the first post to avoid any confusion. Keep in mind that I'm not going to support the guide simply do to the fact that I do not play this game anymore, however I'm totally willing to answer any questions regarding its content. I'm sure simba will do a great job with a video demonstration as well.