2017-11-10 03:06:54

I am assuming that this will work with GTA 5 from Steam, correct? Please give links to exactly what is needed.  Thanks.

2017-11-10 07:00:15

I assume I'd still need to buy the game? Also is it possible to some how lower the graffic settings or something? My computer doesn't have a very good graffics card.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-10 08:56:27

The graphics settings should automatically lower the quality if your hardware isn’t good enough to run on highest

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-11-10 16:18:50

Just as I suspected, the links in the original post are dead.  Therefore, would it be possible for someone to post correct ones?  Thanks.

2017-11-10 19:04:41

Upon further investigation, I found an autodrive mod called VAutodrive, located at the following link:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/vautodrive
This shows the current version as 7.0.3.  Is this the correct mod?  As I earlier stated, the podcast related to this is no longer available, and the other links in the original post are apparently now dead.  This brings me to an issue which in my opinion has needed to be looked at for a very long time with respect to this forum.  I wish that there was some way for us to better handle this problem, as it happens again and again here.  Links are initially provided, but then die, usually by the choice of the original poster.  So many times I've browsed through threads, found a game I wanted to try, only to find out that the original link for download given by the poster is no longer valid because (in most cases) the file was removed (again, in most cases, by the original poster).  If you're going to remove the file, then why is it so damn difficult for you to edit your post to reflect that and to provide new, valid links for download?  Also, podcasts are great; I love them.  However, since the links associated with games here on this forum are so transient and so unreliably, infrequently updated, in a case such as this, where multiple steps are involved with properly setting up and configuring things to work correctly, it seems prudent to create a written guide in the articles room with detailed instructions at the time of original posting, especially if you know that you are not going to leave your podcast available for others to download; at least someone who comes along later has a chance at getting it to work if he or she has written instructions.  (And guess what...that's also a great place to update links as it becomes necessary...what do ya know??).  And as far as the podcast, if you don't want to keep it available for download because of space reasons, then why not just upload the damn thing to YouTube and provide the new link?  Then anyone can watch it, and it's not hurting you for space at all.  I mean no offense, and I apologize if anyone takes any from this post; I don't mean to be disrespectful or harsh, but come on, guys.  This sort of thing happens way, way more than it should.  I've seen post after post lamenting the fact that this or that game has been lost, etc.  And this is part of the reason.  There has to be a better way of doing things.  Let's work together as a community to improve this.

2017-11-10 20:15:55

I will make a new topic today about it, and possibly explain how to get it working, since I need to update my stuff anyway.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-11-10 23:14:09

Do I have to buy it though I don't have steam. Is any of this possible on the mac? I may try to buy it from there if its on the appstore, but if not i'll try to get it on my pc

2017-11-11 00:04:28

@blindJedi
I don't think this game is available for mac, there are some GTA5 apps for the Iphone, but I think those are just cheats. I don't know.

@bradp
I'm looking forward to see a guide on how to install and use the Autodrive mod, what you can do with the trainer and some other stuff in the Articles room. I've tried to use the Autodrive mod, but I couldn't or still can't get it to work, and the sighted assistance that also tried to help me couldn't help me out either and we both got really frustrated. Why are there no useful podcasts or YouTube videos that explain how to use it? I hate it when you google for GTAV stuff and all you get is either not explained very well or there're just YouTube videos without any explanations!
Anyway, I'm glad that finally someone decides to make a guide or another topic on how to install these things and how to use them.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-11-11 16:12:40

I'm glad that some of you seem to be very interested in this game. I'm a big fan of GTA V and have managed to install everything when it comes to mods and such, but do to the lack of interest from others when this topic got first created I gave up on trying to write a guide about using these mods. i'll try to cooperate with what I know as far as navigating with auto drive, using the trainer, etc. in the coming days.

2017-11-11 19:12:11

@seb2314 Thank you! I hope the Autodrive mod will work for me when I've read your guide!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-11-11 20:51:01

If I need to get steam for this, how easy is it to use? I don't have the OCR addon for NVDA and can't find one. Also I found the guide in the articles room kind of confusing.

2017-11-12 01:57:33

@seb2314,
I'm really looking forward to this guide.  Any idea when it will be completed?

2017-11-12 06:12:06

Well, since bradp offered to write a guide I am not going to take the time to write one myself. I'll try my best to expand on the topic and help the best I can.

2017-11-12 11:00:10

I will work on the guide tomorrow, i will have a text version, and will make a recording demonstraiting how it all works and stuff, since no one has bothered to do the latest version.

2017-11-12 18:33:50

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to it!

2017-11-12 19:31:05 (edited by JLove 2017-11-12 19:34:58)

@BlindJedi,
You can find the OCR addon for NVDA at:
https://***/index.php?page=NVDA
Navigate through level 1 headings down to "Additional NVDA Functionality," and then navigate through level 2 headings down to "cloud OCR."  NOTE:  The addon is not needed if you are running windows 10, as the latest version of NVDA uses the built-in OCR functionality in Windows 10.  (Keystroke is NVDA+R).
AS for GTA, I currently have GTA 5 through steam.  I am assuming that the mods/trainers will still work, correct?

2017-11-12 20:43:58

I know that Brad is supposed to do a guide on this, but in the interim, can someone provide links to the correct files to download, so that I can have everything I'll need ready, and if there's something I will need sighted assistance to complete, include that information.  I've got access to some sighted help today if I need it, which doesn't occur very often, so that would be great.  Thanks.

2017-11-13 01:10:56 (edited by seb 2017-11-13 01:14:59)

The trainers and mods are compatible with both versions of GTA V
Here's the link to download the auto drive. Follow the instruction in the PDF guide from this mod to download the required files so it can work properly.
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/vautodrive

2017-11-13 01:37:36

Ok, I got the zip file.  Didn't see any PDF file, unless it's in the zip file.  Ok.  Are there any other mods I will need to download?  And what about trainers?

2017-11-13 03:40:19

You need the simple trainer, just google for GTA5: Simple Trainer and the first result that comes up is the one you want to install.

2017-11-13 08:28:34

So far I have downloaded the autodrive mod zip file and the simple trainer file.  Simple trainer shows as version 6.0.  Is that the right one?  Are there any other mods or trainers I will need?

2017-11-13 09:54:42

You will need scripthook v to run everything, it just goes into your main gta directory. basically, scripthook allows the game to run script files such as the autodrive mod ingame.

2017-11-13 16:46:19

Very good then.  Now I await the guide.  Looking forward to this.

2017-11-13 17:41:31

Me too. big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

2017-11-14 09:42:01

Just checking to see if any progress has been made on the guide.