2015-05-24 14:00:07

Hi everyone,

This is kind of game related, but it's also not so this is why I'm posting it here. I'm trying to open the ports on my comcast modem/router to play the games from vipgameszone with people online. I've called comcast, and they tried to explain it to me, but they keep thinking I could see, and they're asking me if I can see this or that. lol I thought someone on here might know how to do it, cause I'm sure I'm not the only person on here with Comcast as my internet provider.
The only thing I got from Comcast was to open the router page, you need to enter:
You type that into where you would open a webpage.
If anyone knows how to do this, can you please let me know?
Thanks so much. I could do it on my old router just fine, but this is a much better router. I just can't figure out how to do it.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-05-24 19:19:36

@Staindaddict, in most cases I can think of an easier way to access your modems router page. Open up Firefox or Internet Explorer and in the addressbar type
http://router
and hit enter. With luck it will open up your router settings in a nice accessible web page you can modify as you would any other web form.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2015-05-24 19:58:36

in the old days you had to actually unplug the darn thing from the network, but leave it plugged in to power,...
then type
http://192.168.10.1
then log in with the password default, or user or something like that.
lol i remember this one time i ticked off my cable company off so bad, because i actually changed the password to mine, so they couldn't log back in and make changes.
hey it is, big brother after all these days.
probably doesn't help much. either way. good luck.

The eyes, unfortunately, are not the windows to the soul. They are, however, the windows to deception. Trust not what your eyes see, for they can be easily fooled.

2015-05-24 20:31:24

yeah its mad friggin easy. ok lets make sure you got the right modem, if you do read on if not then no point. It's kind of tall and stands up vertically, there's a plastic feeling thing on the front, like soft plastic , on the top, towards the front, there is a button, this is the WPS button, on he back closest to the top, you have a USB port below that, you have two phone ports then four ethernet ports in a 2 by 3 arrangements, then below that you have the coax in then the power cord, there is no switch. If this is the modem you have, do the following.1. Find you gateway, it should be something like 10.0.0.1, if that isn't it, find it by going into the command prompt in windows and doing an ipconfig and review the results.
2. open your browser and input the gateway and press enter.
3. It will ask you for a password, if you have not changed this, then admin for the username and password for the password should suffice. Note, this is not your wireless key.
4. Hit your links or elements list and go to connection, then advanced, then port forwarding, then go to the add service, bodda bing, bodda bang. Hit the save ro apply or whetever when done and you're good to go.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-05-24 22:54:34

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses.. The only input that opened my router was the 10.0.0.1, the other suggestions didn't work. I tried the http://router, and the other numbers that open most routers, but no go..
Now, I found the port forwarding and port twiggering menus, but it keeps asking me for a Server IPv6 Address. I don 'tknow what this is. I put in the ports, the other address which is like 10.0.0.2 I think, and then there's the Server IPv6 Address. Anyone know what that is, like which numbers I need to enter?
Thanks.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-05-25 02:30:43 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2015-05-25 02:34:33)

i think you leave that be, since you're not using V6, and the IP address, which is internal points to your computer so when you open the port there ya go.

Actually if you need further assistance I can help you over skype since i can just get right in there, you can add me if you wish [email protected] just change the message with the request i don't accept people who leave the generic one, heh.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united