2015-05-22 01:36:53

Hi all,
just a quick question: I recently got a new laptop and am trying to intall dropbox.
However I have not had to use this new installer...
I can't seem to get the installer to work.. It seems to be at the part where you link an account however it just says document on the installer with nvda...
Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Daniel

2015-05-22 02:24:41

Hi.

have you tried pressing tab? Or using object navigation?

I've not had to do this since dropbox has been installed onmy computer for a long time and the setup file seems to have changed.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-05-22 03:10:08

tYep--tried all o hat type f thin..
aI hvent hdtoreinstall it fo a while either...
Thanks,

Daniel

2015-05-22 04:11:26

Hi,
Press control+g. That will open up a browser window where you can link your account via an accessible web interface.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-05-22 11:58:11

Maybe, and probably Ethin is completely right, but I'd recommend asking  sited assistance for this. I also came across this stupid thing about a month ago, and I asked my bro to do this. If you are using jaws, nothing will be read allowed to you, the same thing will go for NVDA as well I think.

Extremely boring how, we, in 2015, should be concerned about accessibility on windows which has been around for more than 20 years.

Really disappointed

At least on android, dropbox is fully accessible; you can do almost 99 out of 100% of what you need to do.

2015-05-23 02:55:36

thanks much...
The cTRL-G worked..
Thanks much forhe the help.
Thanks,

Daniel

2015-05-23 16:10:46

Hello,
Wow @ethin how did you learn about the crtl+g shortcut? It doesn't seem too obvious.