2017-06-12 19:54:19

I just dislike the fact that there are not enough empires to fight against, and if you want certain things then you need land for them, but you can't get more land without having more people in your empire.
I wish there were some AI empires.

2017-06-12 22:45:39

I agree with Defender. I don't find the skill grinding to be as much of an issue, mainly because there's lots to do and to explore while you're waiting for the bonus exp. I don't think the needing people for expansion thing would be as annoying if there were actually, people. The dev wrote the game for and I believe meant for it to have a big playerbase, something which it has never in my memory had.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-06-13 03:26:00

After a while, it gets dull because you don't have anything else to do, tbh.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-06-14 12:17:54

Well despite my bad experiences I probably ought to give this one another go, if nothing else because the textual maps are some of the most superior I have ever seen, and I will admit the idea of crafting and empire management appeals to me.

is there enough stuff to do solo in terms of managing and creating an empire (assuming I find enough land for one of course).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-14 14:57:59

I did  everything myself without other player's help. well except for finding an empty land outside of newbie island. but since the mud are pritty mutch quiet now, finding an empty spot should be easy ( don't build it near an evil empire though xd).
I wish I could help you Dark, there is a huge empty space around my small city, but I don't have a char that could make a portal to my place.

2017-06-15 13:35:25

Anything from beginner level to I'd say around mid range is soloed easily Enough. Getting your skills to max, getting to gear level 150 or so -- maybe even 200 if you're careful and good -- all this is soloable. Anything high end,, however, is mostly designed for grouping. It's being worked on with different difficulty levels for the same adventures, but still, even the easiest modes for especially powerful bosses are impossible to do alone.

I love empire mud 2.0, and have been playing it off and on since before beta. Recently though, I find myself enjoying it less and less, because it's slowly but gradually moving away from the crafting and building focuses, and moving towards basically the reason I rarely play muds anymore -- more grind and find style mechanics. The best example I can give of this are the 50 or so new equipment patterns added to the game. These 50 patterns, pieces of craftable equipment between levels 125 and 225 or so, can drop on any creature in any part of the world of the appropriate level. In practice, this means players spend less time crafting the equipment, and more time walking around mindlessly killing things to get it to load.

I realize this post is colored heavily by my bias and, despite this, I don't mean to put you off playing. It is a wonderful mud, particularly if it's your first time actually building an empire, but, like all things, it has its less appealing characteristics. I'm pretty sure, however, that I've never had as much fun on a mud as I did planning out our empire's massive capital city.

The best thing about empire mud is seeing your empire rise from literally nothing. I hope you can find this sort of enjoyment in your gameplay. smile

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-06-19 13:50:47

Apparently I'm the one that started this thread? Goody for me.
The issue is that currently the mud is more or less dead. I logged on recently to see how things were going, and it's still a great place. But without the player base to support it, there's less appeal.
Though interestingly, as the player base died, it seems the world went from booming empires and trade to post-apocalyptic wasteland. Seriously, the number of destroyed ruins infested by monkeys and land plots slowly being reclaimed by jungle is incredible. If nothing else, it's a cool look at what happens to a world when it dies...

2017-06-19 21:35:43

what a sad sight yo.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-30 17:51:04

I know there has been some discussion of this mud of late and even a new copy, but I  it would be wise to start with the original, especially since the issue at hand seemed to be about pvp and I'm not as much a pvp fan anyway.

So if anyone is still playing the original empire mud I'm tamarind on there. Right now just doing tutorial quests and trying to get a handle on how stuff works, though I do plan to move from the newbie islands and try founding an empire at some point.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-30 18:10:03

I wouldn't say that my fork Rise of Empires is pvp focused, but instead is far less pvp restricted than on the original mud. During the 2 or so weeks it's been up no one's initiated any PVP against anyone else, and that's not a problem for me. The stronger empires have nonaggression pacts set up between them while they build up. You're welcome here even if you aren't a big fan of pvp, especially since you get the benefits of a custom soundpack and usability tweaks.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-10-30 18:20:55

Good to know.

I'll stick with the official version for a while at least until I've got enough by way of information to start a db page for empire mud, after which you can let me know the salient differences between Empire mud and rise of empires, admin actions not withstanding.

I am also using Vip at the second, though right now the main concern is just getting how all the skills, daily experiences, quests etc work.

2017-10-30 19:11:22

Always good to have more players, although I feel like you should know if in exploration you're more focused on soloing, you're going to have quite the bit of trouble later unless you play a specific skill combo or two.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-10-30 19:22:23

Well we'll see, there is something on solo roles so I don't know at this stage, though right now I'm trying to wrap my head around the differences between abilities and skills and to complete the tutorials on the newbie island to get how to make buildings etc.