2017-07-03 21:55:56

Definitely giving these a thought again, but still skeptical simply because of how much guesswork is needed to play these games. Game of thrones is all free this month!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-03 23:03:51

I'll get this one for sure, since now it's free to get the complete season of the game.
I'll try the game again, hopefully I can beat this one as well.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-07-04 08:00:22

Wow. I'll recommend people getting this since it's free.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-04 08:08:25

Hi.
Is game of thrones just for consoles or for the pC as well?
And ddid anyone of you complete a full game of this series?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-04 23:01:24

@simba, all the telltale games including this one, is also available on steam, however you need a controller to play it.
if you didn't use the controller, you'll have to use the mouse to do various things which is sadly impossible for us.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-07-04 23:53:34

Still wondering about these games. They all have great story and action which is what I like, but it also sounds like there's a lot of teedium required to play and guesswork involved. This i ncoontrast to something like Samurai Warriors 4 where you can pretty much play the whole game, with only a little guesswork being the only issue, as well as pretty clear instruction on how to proceed.

2017-07-05 01:26:35

if you want to play the series from telltale, you have to be very patience to complete everything, especially when you have to walk or dealing with the action sequences.
I just beatten one of their games which took me a while to figure out. but usually, for all the games from telltale, you don't have to walk much, but instead you have to make choices which can change how the story plays out, much like playing a visual novel games.

2017-07-05 07:13:06

It sounds like it's more patience than it's worth... Samurai Warriors and fighting games require enough work as it is. lol

2017-07-05 08:47:16

mostly the games from telltale you have to deal with trials and error for parts like when you have to navigate, durring action scenes, or for some puzzles.
most of the puzzles are quite easy, simply because you just have to hold the X button while dragging your left and right analog stick in a 360 degrees, others require you to navigate or look at something or press a button to do things.
for example, in tales from the borderlands, you have to shoot down the power system while avoiding yourself to be shot down by the automated turrets. in this case, you have to use the right analog stick to look around while keep pressing X. if you just press X, you won't deal any damage to the power system. instead, after pressing X, you have to look like described above, this time you have to press square, and then finally press the square button again.
I can say, this game is not for everyone. if you just like games that requires less patience, this one is of course not for you. if you like games like this, I recommend you to grab it.

2017-07-05 11:29:12

Oh, I love the idea. But too much gueswork and we can't actually play these games with any skill or consistency... and it sounds like you just have to get lucky. I may be wrong, though.

2017-07-05 17:03:55

well at first yes, you have to do a lot of guesses to progress, however if you can master it, especially if you know where things are, this is a lot easier.
however still, it's very hard for us to tell exactly where things are, so as I said above, you have to be more patient.
I've beatten one of the games from telltale called tales from the borderlands, and honestly, it took me around 4 to 5 hours to complete 1 episode, except in the last episode where things are a lot easier, however there are many QTES that are actually doable. most of the parts in the game I did it myself, only 2 parts where I needed sighted help, at least on my first attempt.
one of the part is in chapter 4 episode 1, in the part where you have to use the mechanical eye by force to hack your way to the main facility. another part that is done by my sighted brother is in chapter 6 episode 2, where you have to find 3 power boxes to start up the gortys project.
other than that, I do it on my own. most of the part, I can do it very easily, but some of them are quite tricky, which took me around 1 to 4 hours just to complete that part.
about game of thrones, since tomorrow the game will be released here and the full season is free on PS plus, I'll definitely grabbing this game, hoping that I can beat this one as well.

2017-07-05 21:17:32

Yep, sounds again like random chance to me. I prefer games where I can play through or at least have a major impact on. Samurai Warriors 4-ii is a litle random in that your partner character doesn't always go the same places, but it still ends up falling to you to do all the harder work of mowing down enemies.

2017-07-05 21:24:58

a bit off topic, I've played samurai warriors 4-II, and now I got to a place where switching partners doesn't work, I don't know why when I switch partners it didn't go strait to the objective.
and the other bad thing is, I don't know on which chapter it is, I think it's the last chapter of mitsunari and the second character which I don't know at all.

2017-07-05 21:38:38

Depends on if there's an objective active. If you didn't complete the previous one yet, then your partner won't know where to go.

2017-07-05 22:40:29

I completed the previous one, however when I press the switch character button my partner didn't go to the enemy.

2017-07-05 22:41:40

and to anyone who has played game of thrones, has anyone passed the part where you have to talk to everyone to start the centinel meeting?

2017-07-05 22:58:39

Even if you complete the previous one, you have to hear the next one activate before your partner will do anything. If not, just keep killing enemies with both characters until it happens.

2017-07-06 07:28:15

@everyone: I'm downloading game of thrones now, I'll keep you all posted on my progress if it's done.

2017-07-06 19:10:23

Yes. I have passed this part of the game. I'm much more far in the game than this part.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-07-06 19:29:09 (edited by hanif 2017-07-06 19:30:17)

have you passed the part where you are currently stuck? if you haven't passed that one, I'm going to play it until I get to the part where you are stuck on.
if I figured out on what to do in that part, I'll surely let you know about it.
as for the centinel, I'm going to try it again for sure.

2017-07-07 09:32:09

Hi people, does this game are accesible on pc or x box? another question is: how to navigate around menus, and does nvda can read in game text

2017-07-07 09:58:14

this game is playable but not fully accessible. you can play through the entire game by yourself, but some of the parts are hard and could take a long time to complete it.
but for the most parts, the game is doable for us. as for the menus, look back at post 66, which covers everything about the telltale games.
in that post, I cover all the menus along with the description for each of them, the controls, and how the gameplay works.

2017-07-08 14:41:57

update: I've just passed the centinel part, now I'm getting close to the end of the first episode of the game.
anyways after the meeting, are there any parts where you have to walk or there are just stories or QTES?

2017-07-09 10:56:22

I'm not sure since it's very long time since I've played this part. But I think there are only QTE's left. You have to walk at the beginning of episode two though. This is where the game really starts to shine.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-09 11:30:00

I'm close to the end of the episode. I'll give you guys more updates once I've reached episode 2.