2016-10-28 11:25:46

It'd be great if you add the windows 7 virtual machine as well.
Thanks because I have problems with installing them from the ISO files. I could have the talking windows up, But not the normal one.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-10-29 03:29:33

Yeah, I want one as well, the one I have is from microsoft, but my brother said it wasn't because of the address (modurn.ie).

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-10-29 05:06:44

Jake has specifically said he will not go above XP, because those operating systems are still being supported.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-10-29 06:15:45

Could he go beyond Windows, to Linux, then? Please?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-10-29 08:55:15

I've never messed with a VM before, so are there any instructions for using this vmware player? My main concern would be getting stuck in the VM, lol.

2017-03-07 06:45:04

Hi there guys,

Could someone please help? How do I get these VMs running under VMWare Fusion? MacOS can obviously not deal with .exe files.

Thanks so long.

2017-03-07 11:28:23

The archives have been created using the 7-Zip self extract feature, which means that most archiving software including ones made for the Mac should be able to read it, IE "the unarchiver" which is free. Installl it and try to open the file. If it still doesn't know what to do with it, go to the context menu for the file, then go to Open with submenu and point it at your unarchiver there. Once the file is extracted it works how'd you'd expect, open the folder it created, and look for the ".vmx" file which will be announced as a Vmware virtual machine configuration and open it. That will open up fusion with the VM loaded.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-03-07 20:12:50

I see you also made an android VM with espeak installed and set up as the default engine in talkback!

-id software, 1995

2017-03-07 22:55:57

Ψα Cab Can you make an Android 7.1.1 VM?

73 Wj3u

2017-03-27 22:07:02

To Datajake:

Have tried out your Android-X86 VM.

It's great, but why haven't you updated to version 7.0?

It would also be great if you would add Eyesfree shell to the VM.

A question to the Android experts:

Is it possible to install Talkback and Eyesfree shell screen reader in the Android SDK Emulator without sighted assistance?

My issue is that I can get the emulator up and running and have managed to get a shell and install packages but can't get speech.

It seems that Google really doesn\t care about accessibility in its SDK.

The standard SDK image created by the AVD does not contain Talkback or any accessibility packages.

You must get them from the Playstore,
And you can't get the most recent APK of Talkback or Eyesfree Shell without the Playstore.

If you go to the Eyesfree Project site on Google Code, you only get a requirement to sign in, and on Github only sourcecode is available.

Is it really so hard to get Talkback up and running in the Emulator or why doesn't the developers care?

2017-03-28 03:19:50

Microsoft has made available free virtual machines of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m … tools/vms/

Virtualbox, VMWare, Vagrant and Parallels  are supported virtualization platfforms (though only Virtualbox and VMWare are fully accessible).

Just download the appliance from the link above and run it in Virtualbox or VMWare.

Note that the sound card is not enabled by default so in order to enable screen reader support, the virtual sound card must be added.

But after enabling the sound card, it's easy to boot up the VMs and get Narrator to speak.

In Windows 7 the keystroke for starting accessibility support is Windows +U and then after a while spacebar for starting the Narrator, and in Windows 8.1 and 10 the keystroke is Windows +Enter.

The VMs are timelimited and will expire after 90 days but are fully functional.

2017-03-29 06:09:22

I didn't actually create the android x86 vm, someone else sent it to me and I posted it.

2017-04-06 19:37:15

Hi there guys,

I got the windows 98 VM and am trying to get it talking in VMWare Workstation 12 player in Windows 10. Have Com0Com installed and set up for talking dosbox, but it aint talking.

What should I do?

2017-04-06 23:25:21

Jacob, let's clear things up. Google does care. But when it comes to the android sdk and running an avd, it is expected that you're good on your own. I e, you've wrote an app and are ready to test it. The android emulator is not! designed as a way to try android to see if you like it, that's what the virtual machine is for. The ide is merely designed to test your applications. Therefore, it does not have the play store, or much of anything, and you're on your own when installing packages. As for getting talkback, I'm sorry but if you're looking only to the play store for talkback, you're not looking hard enough. Just google talkback apk and you'll find it. That's the beauty of android. Many apk's are right there on the net for you to download. As for eyes free shell, that won't work in the emulator nor android x86. That thing uses linear gestures for its functions, and multitouch support does not exist in virtual machines. Eyes Free Shell is no longer needed for most newer versions of android, why not get nova launcher? It's a lot better anyway.

2017-04-11 18:40:26

hay jake,
regarding, the windows xp media center vm, what is the password?

-id software, 1995

2017-04-12 06:25:27

The password is password.
The reason it has a password on it is because I couldn't bypass setting it during the installation.
Regarding the installation, I did it just with cloud ocr.

2017-04-14 18:34:08

hay jake, do you think it would be possible to install the soundblaster advanced MB drivers onto the XP media center VM?

-id software, 1995

2017-04-14 23:36:23

What are those drivers?

2017-07-27 10:22:39

Hi.
I need a guide how to use these virtual machines.
Can someone get me started please?
Thanks in advance.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-28 23:45:43

about the soundblaster advanced mb drivers, these were official sb emulation drivers made by creative themselves. unfortunately they are pretty hard to find, and I hardly doubt creative sells them anymore. a lot of dell service centers tend to install them during repairs as a fallback driver in case the regular sound card drivers are busted. it's soundfont support is more complete then basmidi going so far as to acuratly emulate the dsp, which basmidi falls short on.

-id software, 1995

2018-08-06 20:08:28

Hi,
I have a question about the Windows 98 VM..
I think the sound is very strange. It sounds like all the sound, also the synthesizers, come from boath sides of the stereofilt, and makes a very strange stereofilt, and all sound is very robotic. Why does that happen with Windows 98, and how can I change it back to normal.
And no, it's not just me or my computer, because I heard a podcast with Windows 98 VM on grossgang.com, and it was the same.
What can I do?

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen