2015-03-31 21:34:22

Hi guys,
Has any of you worked with unity, or any other mobile game engines? I'd like to start seriously making games for android, but I don't want to go the RFOBasic route, it just sounds too non native for me, I'd either go with java or a game engine.

What do you think of this? has any of you tried any gaming engine?

Cheers

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-03-31 23:22:13

I think Lib GDX has a fair amount of pre made game engine components.  It works on all of the current mobile devices, if I'm remembering correctly.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-04-01 00:10:20

The question is is if you can use it without the mouse...
If I'm not mistaken you need to jump through the different pains with the mouse. But please download it and let me know. I know anything made 100% in OpenGL is inaccessible, so that eliminates 90% of the python gui gaming engines.

2015-04-01 00:53:22

Hi Ogomez.
Well like you I would also want to make games for android. I've done research and other than java or python your out of luck. I would like to know why don't you like rfobasic? I don't know much about it other than that it was developed for android. If there is something wrong with it I would like to know about it. I've considered using it for making apps but now I'm not so sure.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-04-01 01:19:39

Unreal Engine 4 is also a very complete engine, providing compilation for Android or iOS in just one click. But I don't think the editor is accessible...

2015-04-01 08:15:46

Really? Not accessible? O.o

2015-04-01 08:17:42

what about Corona? It seems pretty interesting and it's lua based and blah blah. It seems interesting but I never get around to coding with it. meh. And it seems accessible.