2007-09-04 13:08:09

A development version of the Megamek game the sighted have enjoyed for some time now is available with features to help screen reader support. It is probably best to read the information in the forum topic
here

I've personally had trouble with it, but this could be my system, my specific screen reader, and/or my old old version of Jaws. I'm sure more replies in the topic from people with more up to date versions of Jaws and of course the other readers would be helpful.

They're making an effort to make Megamek accessible so please provide them with feedback and encouragement. We need all the people on our side we can get when it comes to games that have been available to the mainstream, even open source games with a comparitively limited audience when compared to most computer/console/video games.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-09-06 21:44:14

This is sweet! First mario, then this! Now mainstream gaming companies have to start building accessibility into there games! Lol.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-09-29 02:36:52

lol. The title's helarious lol smile It's stomping time!... maybe?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.