2015-03-22 16:40:15

ok, is it possible(if so probable) to make a sinthesizer to read native languages(for example my mother tongue, Malayalam.)? it would be so great if it were, for getting audiobooks around here is a lode of trouble, and even if, by chance you got one, it lacks in quality. so,...

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2015-03-22 17:18:07

For one thing, NVDA's espeak had malayalam in its language options.
For two, I doubt it unless you know how to program one or find some, but that might juts be me, though. I never had any problems using the synths already there.
As for good quality I really don't know.

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-03-22 17:44:00

If you want espeak in sapi go to espeak.sf.net

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-03-22 19:52:05

Chandu, making a synthesizer is no trivial matter. Not only would you have to be a fairly skilled programmer you have to under stand some specifics of language synthesis  and so forth. So to be direct it is possible to create your own synthesizer but not something easy without a lot of education and technical expertise going into the project.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2015-03-22 21:34:38

I think it must be a very difficult job at all.
I’m not a programmer but I imagine all that stuff you have to go through.
Reading in a correct accent, recognizing the punctuations with their proper intonation. Which must be an advanced task I think, as most of nowadays synthesizers are lagging at this point.
Only eloquence reads them properly and sometimes he makes mistakes. Ivona voices are also not such good. Vocalizer is supposed to emphasize only interrogative sentences, but even this ones “forget” to do that at times.
Only eloquence can read a little correct sentences ending in exclamation mark, which stands for orders and other sentences like when somebody gets amazed.
For example, Order:
Put your gun down!

If you are using eloquence now while reading, it will sound like an order, but if you are using any other synthesizer it doesn’t.
It reads like a positive sentence like this:
Put your gun down.
And nothing else.
I would like to know how alex, (voice of Apple) reads this punctuations.
I expect so much from him. At least what I herd on youtube while reading a document.
Could you tell me if he reads them correctly? Like interrogative sentences or orders.

Thank you.

2015-03-23 15:39:05

Well, apple alex does a pretty good job at least from what I expect from mike arigo's podcasts...

2015-03-24 20:09:55

Yes he has, and I've listened to those same podcasts too. He also seems to be pretty solid on my iDevice. Alex has gotten better over the years in terms of quality though.

2015-03-27 21:12:45

hi,
there is Malayalam language in espeak