2015-03-21 21:52:59

I want to do a playthrough of a game. How would I record myself playing the game as well as talking at the same time? Do I need 2 devices? I have gold wave and I also have a bokport dt with a line in cable.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2015-03-21 22:47:35

Hi.
Well you will need a microphone of course depending on how strong coputer's built-in microphone is you should just be able to record with it otherwise you will need a microphone  you can buy them pretty much anywhere.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-03-21 23:13:40

there is only one problem. If I did that, the file would sound terible. I want to record the sound of the game and my voice without making it sound bad. I can always use loopback speakers on gold wave, but I can't figure out how to record myself at the same time.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2015-03-21 23:40:05

If your using something like windows 7, that includes a loopback feature in its record tab.
Select your recording device, your microphone in this case, go to the listen tab, then check listen to this device, then select your input.

2015-07-07 13:19:09

I'm wondering how to do this on windows xp without using total recorder, because there's no stereomix, record what you hear, or any similar option in the audio tab of sounds and audio devices, although if you check the box there is a stereomix option in the wave-in volume control, but still no stereomix option as an audio input. Has anyone got this to work under windows xp with the default sound input device (creative soundblaster pci aes1371)?

2015-07-08 08:17:40

I use virtual audio cable for this. theres an nvda addon that makes it very accessable. All you do when you want something very simple like that is the following if you had even some trial of vac installed on your system
1. Go to start menu/all programs/virtual audio cable/audio repeater MME
2. Set the input to your sound device, for example speakers realtek high definition audio, or the default playback device in your control pannel
3. set the output to line 1 virtual audio cable
4. Set the buffer ms to 200, and the total number of buffers to 20
5. Click start.
6. repeate step 1 exactly a second time
7. Now that you have another audio repeater open, you want the input to be your microphone what ever that may be
8. set the output to line 1 virtual audio cable
9. Continue with repeating steps 4 and 5.
and 10. When ever you want to record your mix, simply set your input to line 1 virtual audio cable, and vwala!
Keep in mind this could be hard to comprehand at the start, but basicly were in short, making the audio from your speakers and the audio from your microphone, compressed into one output, meaning you can set the input device on your editor/recorder to that input, aka line1.
To get virtual audio cable, search word for word, "virtual audio cable" into google and click on the first result. The website is prety self explanitory. To make it more accessable for either jaws or nvda, search: "virtual audio cable nvda addon" into google. I have one but am not sure if it is the same one on the sight, btw you probably want the first result.

If you also wish, you could use the popular product, soundtap from nch, but it's a trial, sort of like vac but less worth it, it's really the junky way of doing things sometimes, I've had the thing litterily bsod my computer before when I wanted to mess with sound drivers. I personally recommend vac for this if you can get it to work, it works for me. Please thumb up if this helped! big_smile

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-07-08 16:39:34 (edited by jack 2015-07-08 16:41:02)

Yep, irtual audio cable is far better than soundtap if even a little more steps to set up, the only restriction is a watermark, a stupid voice that says, trial, every now and then and unlike total recorder's static blurb, vac does it like every few seconds. Annoying, not suitable for production use for sure, but still good for something. Btw for virtual machine users, the ensonic1371 soundcard, the es1371 that is or should be your default soundcard in a vm, comes with stereomix. At least on windows7 and up. NOt sure why it doesn't appear as an input in windows xp, though.