2007-09-01 14:22:12 (edited by dark empathy 2007-09-01 14:30:48)

the man responsible for all those keyboards we hammered to death playing enemy attack and wrecking ball, is back, this time with two new titles to take out your frustration upon.

Ken's first offering is Air Hocky, a computerized wrendition of the good old slidy table game that used to populate all arcades and pubs. use the bottom row of keys on your keyboard to stick your paddle in the right place and stop that nasty litle disk sliding into your goal, while trying to whiz it around your opponent's defences.

this is only an alpha version of the game, so more improvements will be coming up soon.

As a bonus, the air hocky folder also contains txt copies of a book on Vb programming as well.

then there is ken's Derby game, his first audio game maker creation. We've all played racing games where you must use all your driving skil and careful steering to maneuver around obstacles and gently nudge past the other drivers on the race track. Well, here's a chance to forget all of that, and indulge in some serious automotive carnage. In a closed off arena you must ram as many other cars as possible without allowing yourself to be boxed into a corner by the gang of opposing drivers.

A link to Ken's site may be found Here on Phil Vlasac's exceptional fantastic games page

Have fun releasing your frustration, but please remember it's only a game, ------ or is it?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-01 16:45:50

Hello all!
Ho can i play tis new games?
And were is a instruction-file?
Regards, Claudio.

2007-09-02 00:31:10

Well, for the derby game, use your curser keys to drive around (the up arrow makes you start), for Air hocky, as I said, use the keys above your space bar when you here the disk sound, ---- eg: z x or c when it's on the left.

the crowd cheering means that someone has scored a goal, but I'm not sure if there's a way to check score at the moment or a point at which the game ends. Afterall, it's only an alpha version, so more updates should be coming up soon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-02 17:55:21

I have a oter question:
Were is my goal?
It is on the left site, or on the right site?

2007-09-03 11:09:24

Well, as to mouse support, I'm afraid my mouse is out of batteries, so I couldn't check andy, though I can certainly see how moving a mouse around would be a closer experience to playing actual air hocky on a table.

for the goal size Claudio, on a normal arcade Air hocky table, the goal is just in the center, and from the test I made of Ken's air hocky game I believe it's the same there, ----- though how wide the goal is exactly I'm not certain.