2015-03-02 07:32:44 (edited by Cinnamon 2015-03-02 07:36:05)

The nearest thing to your left will be your weapon.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2015-03-02 07:34:03

A laptop and a metal tipped nail file.

2015-03-02 09:45:43

well at this moment the nearest thing to my left is Reever! my extremely cute, highly lazy and not the least threatening guide dog, indeed she'd probably treat the zombocalypse like she treats most things, lie down and pretty much ignore it in favour of more sleep big_smile

Had this been Jess, my bull terrier (she wasn't a guide dog but was wonderful), it might have been another story, sinse there! was a dog with a definite protective instinct who probably would've seen off most zombies.

So, I guess I'm joining the ranks of the undead, so I have to therefore ask Re, your brains

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-03-02 10:13:10

Well, my brother, who can see, and who's pretty heavy with a large build is too my left so, I guess I have a fighting chance, for a while, though he does freak out over the tinyest things, so it's hard to say...

2015-03-02 11:17:35

Ah, but a large build just means  more meat! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-03-02 13:32:45

Nearest thing to my left at the time of voting was a pair of scissors and a letter opener, so I got a bit of a chance... just have to be real precise with where I put those things. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-03-02 15:07:24

Well, to my left is a freeking 4 by 4 iron trunks, you know, those heavy ones to keep clothes in (and on), so I have more than a fighting chanse tongue

This is not a signature.

2015-03-02 16:26:21

My sansa clip plus mp3 player is my nearest thing to the left, which, uh, dos not have wifi or anything on it, and isn't really a weapon.

2015-03-02 17:30:45

To my left is a thick wooden chair, it would have a good chance to brain a few brain eaters lol.

Stevie-3

2015-03-02 17:54:51

@Aaron, anything particularly scary on your sansa? You never know, maybe a quick burst of the soundtrack to we're alive might scare away the zombies big_smile.

Hay, it worked for Bill Murray in Zombie Land (which is an awsome and very hilarious film and possibly one of the best Zombie related things I've seen that I'd recommend to anyone).

2015-03-02 18:18:24

I reached left, expecting to find nothing... and my hand closed over the dangling transformer part of my Laptop charger, still warm from use.
I'd feel better going in barehanded. sad
Ah, wait, there's a set of headphones with a largeish headband. Those are slightly more usable.
But still...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-03-02 18:39:56

Lol, nearest thing to my left is actually my brailler, it wouldn't be very effective because it's like 10 pounds, so carrying that thing around to throw at zombies or whatever, no thanks.

2015-03-02 19:08:35

hmm. to my left is my bass guitar in it's gig bag which also holds spare cables, strings, a multitool, some effects peddles and a bunch of 9V batteries. My tool box is down there too. I think I'm well equipped for bashing. The bass is a 35" scale too so  it's got plenty of reach, which is what you want when somethings determined to eat your brains

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-03-02 19:13:54

Well, I have two things to my immediate left. My flute and a sofa. Either I can try to charm the zombies with my music or make a blockade with the sofa! tongue
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-03-02 19:29:18

@Exodus, that's a big bass. I just bought a 28.6 mikro a couple weeks ago. It's purple and I love it. I'd sure hate to break it over a zombie head.

@Dark, I love that song. I had a big fascination with it a couple years ago when I started reading The Hollows series by Amanda Hocking, who I'm not sure is ever going to finish those books.

"This is the way the world ends; not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

2015-03-02 19:52:28

Well, by the time this post was written, I was sleeping, and probably snoring. and to my left, there was my brother, sleeping as well. smile

What I do not know exactly, is weather my brother was snoring hard or not. :d

2015-03-02 20:27:37

Well, to my left is my Fiance Elizabeth. She can see so I'm glad to have the sighted help. This is a bit OT, but, I whish I could get the WA music.

2015-03-02 20:58:53

The zombies are coming to ramsack the server that the forum is on! Ruuuuuuuuuuuun Log out, before the zombies ban you and eat all your posts! The forum appocolipse is happening! Aaaaah

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2015-03-02 22:20:38 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-03-02 22:22:22)

OH no, they've gon and eaten the swamp server! Oh wait, isn't that where they origionated from? Crap. there goes the sixthsense code and... was that audio defence? I think it was. Oh. Look at that! They seem to be finishing off their feast with a little slice of zst with a side of zombie war! oh well. I'm just hoping they didn't eat my minigun on swamp.
And to my left, there lies my Epsilon Raygun X5087C, which came streight outta the heart of russia! booom!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-03-02 22:26:44

At the time of voting, it was a swiss army knife, scissors, and a long screwdriver.  I guess I'd have a chance with any of those.  I'll admit this got me thinking.  If I had to grab from my right I'd be screwed, so perhaps I need to stash more weapons around my home.  tongue

I only have 2 somewhat vulnerable rooms in the house.  Even my bathroom has (crap, had, I moved it) a throwing axe behind the sink where it can be reached from where I sit.  Unfortunately I was in one of those 2 rooms when I voted.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-03-02 23:36:25

Damn, There's a printer to my left, that's the onlything i can reach right now, am i dead?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2015-03-02 23:47:38

To my left there is a nice and sturdy wall. In front of me is an usb cable, that could be useful, my Bluetooth keyboard and the windbreaker that fell off the microphone on my headphones. Behind me is a television, a wii, my charging laptop and a ceramic sword that someone gave to me as a present several years ago.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-03-03 03:59:13 (edited by cj89 2015-03-03 03:59:49)

Well lets see. There's a window to my left. So all it would take is for them to break through it. *makes mental notes to consider better preparation options*

2015-03-03 09:46:12

Yes, the audiogames.net forum is officially taken over by zombies given that both myself and Aprone have sinse contracted the virus, ---- and besides anyone who has spent any time here has likely already had their brain power eaten playing too many games, so raaaaaaaagh!
Join the hoard big_smile.

Btw Cinnamon, have you ever heard Mur Laffety's audio drama The takeover?It basically uses the Re your brains song as both it's theme tune and inspiration, about an average office company that's taken over by the zombie run company Zombinc. The audio affects are so so but the concepts are wonderfully weerd, I particularly like the way that zombinc execs grunts are interpreted into corporate speak and the chief manager Phil who basically seems completely modeled on Bob from the song

Find it Here on podiobooks

2015-03-03 22:52:21

at the time of voting, the only thing to my left is my bed, so yeah, mabey i will just go ahead and fall asleep.
hahaha.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.