2015-02-25 23:30:25

Hi!
I have a question. I notice, that Spanish language is very easy to learn, also It was write in one article.
But, I have a question. Can somewhere exist some good site to do that?
I know, that I speak English language, but Spanish is also beautyful and It not looks, like Italian (with big sorry), because Italian is very emotional.
Also, Spanish changed many words from Latin, but Italian no.
I don't want to insult some Italians, but I am from Slovakia and I am very interested to learn a new languages.
Could You help me please?
Thanks very much.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-02-26 00:09:02

www.studyspanish.com
Probably the best site I've found! And Italian and spanish are closer than you think... though I'm not quite sure what you mean by Italian being more emotional...

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-02-26 00:43:47

Look to prosody of Spanish, or some pronunciational things.
Also I heard, this languages are not closer. Maybe Portuguese, but maybe this is false.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-02-26 00:51:35

Doesn't make it any more or less emotional for me... and I'm not sure what you mean by prosody. but that is correct... spanish is closer to Portuguese. Though Italian pronounciation is much closer to spanish than Portuguese is. Take the word thank you, for example... Italian and spanish have similar words, but Portuguese is different.
Spanish: Gracias
Italian: grazzie
Portuguese: obrigado

2015-02-26 00:59:58

Hello.
Yes, I speak brazilian portuguese and it is similar in some ways to
spanish, though the
original portuguese from Portugal is more closer.
But I think if you can understand portuguese or spanish, you can at
least understand some words of the other language.
One difference of portuguese and spanish is that in portuguese you can
write for example "dele" or "dela" (de ele and de ela) and in spanish you
write "de él" and "de ella" in most cases.
About the pronunciation, assault_freak is correct.

2015-02-26 01:02:35

I don't know much about how close spanish is to portuguese in portugal, but I definitely agree about being able to understand at least a little bit of each if you speak one or the other. I don't speak portuguese, but I can guess at words much of the time... and even speak a little, what is jokingly called portuñol.

2015-02-26 04:39:33

I'm from Panama, a spanish speaking country, but there are creole languages from spanish, I mean, Papiamento, Chabacano and others, so Spanish is the official language of Panama, Jovani

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2015-02-27 22:02:10

Giovani, would you happen to have a Skype account? If so, I would really like to talk to you. You seem to know a lot about linguistics judging from another post that I read from you. Linguistics, among many other things, is one of my greatest passions. I've studied French, Japanese, Mandarin, Arabic, Hindi, Korean, Tagalog, Swahili, and a little bit of German. I grew up speaking Spanish, and find the language to be very interesting. You see, my family originally speaks what many people call Mexican Spanish. This can obviously be considered a dialect. However, I have also become very interested in the many existing variants of the language. For example, Castilian Spanish, as it is formally taught in official curriculum, has an interesting inclusion of sounds that are not present in Latin American derivitives. Similarly, Cuban and Puertorico accents tend to omit the s sound at the end of words. As for your original question, my recommendation for learning any language is to get a good grasp on some of the foundational grammar. Also, although many courses leave this out, I would strongly encourage you learn the common colloquialisms that will be encountered in a particular country. However, overall, a generic technique to improve vocabulary and to enhance the understanding of grammatical constructs is to simply listen to media and/or native speakers of the target language. A good introduction course to the Spanish language is available from Pimsleur. In my personal experience, getting a little bit of practice every day really helped me to understand many of the language that I know today. One major example is Korean. I learned a bunch of Korean grammar, vocabulary, etc just from watching some K-Dramas and listening to K-Pop.
Anyway, this message is getting a little too long. Let me know if you are interested in speaking to me about any linguistics topics. Unfortunately, I am swamped with university work and related matter. So, it will be some time before I'll get a chance to revisit this forum.

2015-02-27 23:43:12

Linguistics are definitely fascinating... I've only studied the languages of interest to me, plus the five that I grew up speaking. I speak four different varieties of chinese, which some call dialects and some consider to be other languages depending on who you ask... french, spanish, Japanese and Korean. Would love to chat about this some time for sure as well if you're up to it... the sheer number of dialects that exists for especially the Asian languages I know are staggering. And not only Cubans and Puerto ricans drop their s's at the end of words or in the middle... most nations in central america will do this. Argentina, Nicaragua, El Savador, etc. And Venezuela is also known for this as well as the region of Andalucia in Spain. It's definitely an interesting aspect of the language to examine... and made learning it super difficult when I first started and wasn't aware. hahaha.

2015-02-28 01:23:05

If you have an i-Device, there is a fun app called Duo Lingo that helps you to learn various languages by using both verbal pronunciation as well as text.  I haven't played with it for long, but it seems quite fun.  It also uses little mini-games as well to keep your mind  sharp as you review what you have learned.

2015-02-28 01:32:00

Kigoku, you studied Swahili? What resources did you use, I am auditing a class from my university, but would like to find more resources if I can.

2015-02-28 07:44:40

hola amigos!
I also interested to learn more about this language, I think it's easier than german or other languages.
think I wil check out the website in the second post.
muchas gracias.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-03-01 17:30:09

I want to studdy Interlingua, LinguaFrancaNova, Esperanto, Arabic, Hebrew, Italian and Portuguese.

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2015-03-02 15:14:27

hola arabic2000? cuál es interlingua? me no escuchar los idioma/ what{s that language? I've never heard about interlingua.
is it spanish also?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-03-02 16:46:13

Hello forumites. A great resource from where you can learn many languages is from a wonderful man whose name is Michele Thomas. He has studied many different languages throughout his lifetime, and he has found the simplest way to teach all of them. He cuts out all of the confusing terminology that might be used in textbooks, and he not only teaches language vocabulary, but he also teaches techniques that allow you to transform English words into words of the language of your choice. Instead of memorizing every single vocabulary word of the language, the language is broken down so you understand how it works and how to form your own words. Many celebrities today use his method to quickly learn languages, for example if a celebrity is traveling to paris and might want to learn a bit of French in advance. So there is a Michel Thomas app for Ios that is free (although I don't believe the courses are free). There is also a Michel Thomas website that I didn't know existed until I started writing this post where you can visit to learn more:
www.michelthomas.com
I have used this method to learn spanish. Although I haven't completed the entire course, I would say that I am quite fluent already.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain