2016-05-05 13:17:12

I already make  sure the connection info is correct , hmm...

2016-05-05 14:41:21

ur so, any idea how to fix this?

2016-05-05 16:20:36

are you connecting at school or work? if so, that could be the problem, they could be preventing you from connecting, forcing you to use a proxy server instead. As long as you have internet, and you put centauri.servegame.com in the host field and you put 7777 in the port field, or, you're using a command line client, in which, I would assume you know how to use it, there should be nothing stopping you from reaching the MOO. I am there every day, most days anyhow.

So, lets try to trouble shoot this, are you on a windows, or mac machine, if windows, do you use NVDA, if so, do you have NVDARemote, if so, I could help you. You're from indonesia, right? You would have to have it speaking in English, because I'm a monolinguist to the core... haha.

Certainly, there is no reason you couldn't reach the MOO, unless, as I have pointed out, you are attempting to connect from school owr work.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-05-05 17:18:59

oh ,hello!
I am connecting at home smile ,
and yeah, I'm useing windows and useing NVDA as my screen reader.
about the NVDA remote addon , haha i didn't install that addon  yet,  will do it soon big_smile
and , yes, I'm from Indonesia
sorry for my English smile

2016-05-05 18:00:31

OK, and what client are you using?

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-05-05 18:16:15

VIP mud and Mush Client

2016-05-05 18:40:10

hmm, that is vvery odd because those clients should connect you with no problem

well, if you want me to take a look for you, let me know, you can also add me on skype:  bscross32 and I will talk to you there if you wish

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-05-05 18:48:23

well ok smile
I will add you on  skype soon, but, hehehehe, the problem is, I can't speak english tongue
oh yeah, I just installed the remote addon for NVDA,

2016-05-05 19:17:54

ok, but how can you not speak English if you can write it fine. ANyway, I can fix it up for you if you want to use NVDA Remote

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-05-05 20:51:03

OK!
now I can connect to the game!
thanks for ironcross32's help
I'm Jason there big_smile

2016-05-18 13:06:04

Flux Enhancements

A series of new changes are coming, some brought about because of the Hyperloops, some, just because changes make life interesting and different.

One of the newest changes is the ability to co build an area with other players.
Typically, in a MOO type system, only the owner of said object or room, can modify that object. With co build, people can work together to add to an area, change descriptions, seating, noises, etc.
This does include adding new rooms and exits, adding to the overall structure.
The power of this ability is unheard of as far as I know, as I have never seen this on another MOO, ever.
Imagine being able to work with others to develop a whole city, and while working some corner of it, being able to fix things on the spot, rather than having to tell the project owner to fix so-and-so, because you cant. Of course, this does assume that the people on the project understand the ultimate goals, so they are working for the same end result. This really comes to light when people look around at something others have built, as the primary builder might not have noticed something that someone less familiar with that particular place will see immediately.
In these bigger social type interactions, communication is key, so that the end goal is realized with a minimum of fuss.  Perhaps a few are delegated to the major structure related to rooms, exits and directions for an area, while others are slated for filling in some details, perhaps the local virtual seating for a room, or noises (which can be time related).

I have tested all this with my alts, to be sure the minimums work, tho it might take some minor tweaking as issues come up.

An interesting concept to ponder, to be sure.

Centauri

2016-05-20 10:54:50

wow, I really would like to login to this moo again... sadly I don't have a free time now...

2016-05-21 10:02:15

Recent Changes

A lot of toys in FluxWorld are designed to encourage people to explore and look around and they are rewarded pretty darn well for this.  Unfortunately, some see fit to use this like a 100 bazillion times to make cash, which was never the design goal. Its not a cash cow, its a reward for trying something new.
Because of this, many of these toys will now record when each player last used this particular device, and its use time will double for each use, per player, per day. This means about 8 times max per day, not 100s, and even 8 is a lot, and may change, as doubling per day can be changed to quadroupling inside the code in one spot. Depends on the abusers.

Question for the community, why do people have to abuse a system and beat a feature to death? Do they think thats how you make money? Is it because they find such a thing the easiest? Lately, I spend a lot of time programming out cheaters and abusers from doing things like this, and I only put it in when I see severe abuses, there never was such things when everyone 'played nice'

Some are intimidated by the sheer size of FluxWorld, so many things were put in place to encourage some exploration, apparantly, some are too easy, as they just do that all day long.

The goal of Flux is to try a bit of everything, not do one thing a 100 bazillion times, its not a grinding machine.

Centauri

2016-05-29 09:17:57

Pub Crawls and other social events

There are some fantastic places to hang out, Although they are few in number, compared to the rest of the system, they are very highly embellished. Both indoor and outdoor, they are everything from bars to campfires. There is always lots to do in these spaces, besides just hang out and chat. Exactly what can be done, varies by each place.

With this in mind, some way of relating how to reach such places will be revealed inside the sytem, as the journey is very much worth it.  One of the best things to do in Flux is hang out with others, and watch what they are doing, as the multi-user environment is integral to the design.

I wont spoil such places with the details of what can be done, but there are many, depending on the area.  These special hangouts are the best of the best of places to go, and have been designed for many, not the lone wolfs.

Some less common events include the Fluxian Nobel Prize awards, which is presented in the Towne Hall, about once a quarter. These are given for those that have come up with ideas that are implemented for all to enjoy. Some of these include things like the stock market, or real time cooking of food, while others are for other types of enhancements.

Centauri

2017-01-05 05:21:58

One of the newest ideas is space exploration, but in a new way. We've always had space areas and planets to go visit, but this is more along the lines of going to an uncharted or un-explored sector and scanning for suitable stars and potentially habitable planets around those stars. If good planets are found, a team might even go visit it and see if there is some civilization down there.

This would add to the Flux Universe in general, as new planets and systems are added. A feather in your cap, to be sure, if you were part of a team that found such a place.

We have a couple of large ships suitable for living on and performing such missions. Seeing is believing!

2017-01-05 15:52:27

We have a lot of smaller things going down too, we have not been idle all this time tongue.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-06 16:46:18

does anybuddy know where i can buy an aircraft or a spaceship in this mud?

Don't care.

2017-01-06 18:44:02

First thing first, you need money. A good place to start are the quests. Once you have enough, before you will be able to fly, you need training up in pilotage, so you need to take the courses in the Academy. Then you will need 10 million fluxbucks, that is gonna take you a while to get my friend, so yeah. You are gonna have to do a lot of activities, like GOTD, scav hunts, etc.

We do have shuttles that are free to use, but still you will need the initial capital to pay for your lessons because you will not be able to fly without some pilot training.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-06 19:32:34

yeah, but where i can get those shuttles, where is a place to get them?

Don't care.

2017-01-06 20:45:35

I told you what I can tell you, where, that's for you to find out. Flux is a game of exploration, have a walk about and see what you can see. We don't generally give away information like that, however, if you wanted to pay a substantial amount of Fluxbucks, I might be persuaded to help, however for that inquiry, see me in game. I am Brendt.

Flux is an open ended MUD, so things like this can occur. We have devices that form an agreement between two players, each player would have to sign at each step of the agreement, then a price is reached and then at the final step, the money is deducted from the buyer's account and credited to the seller's account. I could also take you on a little space tour on my multi-deck starship, for a modest fee. Antimatter doesn't grow on trees, and if it hasn't been made clear by now, we sim everything here. So it is all accounted for behind the scenes, even if the player doesn't generally see this taking place.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-09 09:12:25

When it comes to the new space exploration we're talking about, buying a shuttle will be useless. A standard class shuttle has impulse only speed and cannot venture beyond the soar system it was bought in. To truely visit other worlds will require what is known as warp or hyperdrive ability, it just too far at sub light speeds. Consider this, even earths nearest neighbor is 4.3 light years away, and even at 90% the speed of light, its close to 5 years of travel time.
Most of our new star systems are going to be 20 to 50 or even a 100 light years away. This means joining the crew of one of the big ships, that have this warp or hyperdrive ability. its not somewhere you can go on your own in a small 10 by 10 sized space can.
Now, given that, there are plenty of specialized duties aboard such ships. Stellar cartography, spectral analysis, habital zone analysis, security. and many more.
In short, these new abilities are cooperative efforts over many people.

2017-01-09 11:51:11

Is there a soundpack for this game or is there one planned?
It sounds highly interesting but I admit I like soundpacks as opposed to plain text.

2017-01-12 03:31:52

Flux has a number of 'events' that fire off automatically, especially in outdoor or caves areas. some of these can be delayed. While some might enjoy the use of sounds like a creaking door or the howling of the wind. the timing of such a thing might not be in sync with the rest of the system, as most of these have a delayed start.
The bigger issue for me, is that a text based MUD relies on its descriptions and messages relating to sound and other things going on. This is much like a book, where your mind fills in the blanks based on what you read. forcing an exact sound, rather that whats in your imagination, is like the movie directors version of a book, rather than yours.
None of my active players have said that soundpacks of any sort would help. as the descriptions are rich enough where they count.

2017-01-12 03:58:46

Flux is not the sort of place that caters to sound pack creation and design. Apart from the fact that it is a sort of ever growing and ever changing canvas, if you like, it is the sort of place where simulation abounds. If someone were ambitious, they could certainly create one, but that doesn't mean it will stay current, as we expand and build new or modify existing areas, and add new features, the pack would need to be maintained. I for one do not like to use sound packs, however I do see where they can be beneficial, even enriching certain environments. I have been on MUDs where I will use a pack, and MUDs where I would not. Flux is open ended except in one area, that it requires you to use your mind. In part, this is due to said open ended nature, that meaning we have no linear A to B to C progression. The player can not only choose what to do and when, they are expected to do this on their own. Of course, we do help, but stop short of the spoiler line.

We do have quests that make sense to do them in a series, but I see nothing stopping you from doing them out of series if you really wanted to, of course, you're going out of your way by doing so. They also teach concepts you'll need in order to succeed in Flux. We do have combat, however it is not a main point of the experience, and it is ongoing expansion and reworking at this point. So, you could create this pack, and then 6 months down the road or even earlier, functions would not be working since we would have changed things.

It's not just for that reason though, Flux is more of a sandbox, we do chat there, we do have social hangouts, and we do allow RP, however we are not RP focused in any way. Flux is a large playground, we sim a lot of stuff from mining to stocks to orbital mechanics with planets that actually move. Thus, since we are a MUD where the power of the mind is what we really seek, I feel sound packs are not going to be a good fit. Intellect is what we're after, not drones.

Now, that being said, I do have sounds in my Flux world file. They are notifications of certain events, and that's essentially it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-12 06:21:42

I've done a few quests on this game before. They were quite interesting, although how far are players allowed to go in order to help with specifics? I'm getting stuck with the Frandum quests that others just seem to blaze through. So, often times while I request this game, and Frandum is actually the game I've been looking for for a while, and I've just gotten back into it, I have trouble with quests I shouldn't have. I had to get help with that number quest in the house, for example. Even after being told what it was, the order was a bit scrambled in my head, even when I try to put the sequence of events in order in my head again.
Even though I'm talking about a different game with a large quest focus, Frandum will probably be the same for me. I'm pretty sure I quit last time because I had trouble with one of the quests in that cave where you first start. The first quest I came accross, anyway.

I'll probably try again, since I'm getting bored of constant grinding all the time.