2015-02-08 02:12:49

So, site updates time. this is the point obviously when people will be expecting a joke, some story of cyber elf mangling or similar. Well, I don't have one today, ---- no sorry, no jokes at all!
Or maybe that is the joke, the fact that there is no joke. Then again, we've done that one before.
Ooooh, I know, one thing we've not done before is having a joke about not having a joke about not having a joke! and just to be even cleverer I'll make a joke about the fact that I'm making a joke about not having a joke about not having a joke, oh, and look there, I made a joke about making a joke about not having a joke to make a joke about thus making another joke, which is of course this joke that your reading that is a joke about not making a joke about not having a joke about -----

Please excuse me, I seem to have fallen into a quantum jocularity!
In the mean time, here are the updates, and one thing that is certainly not anything to do with that j word which I won't say for fear of (well see the above), is that we now welcome the first contribution from our new Db maintainer, Aaron.

Updates by dark:
Fixed page and download links for audioquake.
Removed entry for Agrip sinse it is now covered entirely by Audioquake.

Kerkerkruip: Fixed download and home page links, also expanded entry with more information about features in the latest version.

Added links to Pg 13 podcasts to pages of audio defense, Blindfold racer, Hunter, Tarzan Junior, Gma tank commander, Shades of doom, Technoshock, Chillingham, Monkey business and superliam.

Changed status of Superliam to abandonware and removed references to buying the game.

Smugglers 5 Secession: cleaned up entry, added some extra info on background stories.
Smugglers 5 invasion: slight entry cleanup.

Inquisitor's heartbeat: entry, description and links.
Lords and knights: Entry, description and links.
Deathmatch: Project alpha: Added link to the level 2 walkthru by Danny from the articles room.
Smugglers 1: Entry and description.
Angel gift: Entry, description and links.
Cleaned up entry for Audio defense.

Prometheus: Iternal wars: Entry and description.

Changed status of Judgement day to unknown and note on the fact it isn't on sale anymore but hasn't yet been made abandonware.

Slender: lost vision: page and description.

Created new game genre, Audio Adventures and updated genre descriptions page, read it Here.
Change genre to Audio adventures for Private detective school, Chillingham, Descent into madness, Time adventures 1, The Inquisitor, She Noire, The Inquisitor: chapter 2 the village and Inquisitor: chapter 3 Sisters in dream.

Updates by Sander:
Fixed annoying bug with adding new entries to the db, plus corrected titles for Inquisitor's heartbeat and Lords and knights.

Updates by Aaron:
Flarestar: Entry, description and links.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-02-08 04:47:21

wow, nice update!

2015-02-08 11:39:39

Indeed, that's a nice update, even with the joking big_smile. I think SL is freeware as Liam said in version 1.1's readme, the following is directly quoted from the new one:
"You no longer have to register since this game is now freeware. Hip Hop Hurray!"
Everything in the new update is really interesting, keep up the awesome work, awesome staff.

2015-02-08 12:08:55

Glad people like. @Roro, the difference between freeware and abandonware is simple.  Both are free to download and play, but the developer will offer support to something freeware, might release patches etc, and would help anyone who say had problems running the game.
this unfortunately isn't true for Superliam, sinse if Liam was still supporting the game it'd probably still be commercial, although I am extremely glad Liam has released the game for posterity rather than doing a Bsc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-02-08 16:26:13

Hello folks,
Glad you like the update. Writing the entry for Flarestar was also rather fun, thanks Dark for helping me with parts of that.

2015-02-08 17:13:47

@Dark I know, the difference is clear for me, I know the differences between freeware, abandonware, unknown, etc etc. Liam said that his game is freeware, even though I think he won't continue developping it. I know this is a bit obscure at some point, but anyway these are the words of the developper, not mine, big_smile, even I also think that the game is abandonware at some point. JD's license is unknown at the moment although Liam said he'll release it at the end of January. This hasn't occur due to his personnal life and work, which doesn't give him enough time to work on the project, but anyway the free version will be here soon. But to the time of its release, we'll say it's unknown. Thanks again for the valuable updates, I wish you all the best!

2015-02-08 19:12:24

Hello,
The database version of Super Liam's download link still! lead to the demo version. I have now fixed it accordingly.

2015-02-08 20:14:29

Hi Dark, you forgot to tell about the aliance tab in lords kinights.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-02-08 20:24:11 (edited by burak 2015-02-08 20:26:53)

Hi, also in the prometheus entry you can give some information about the soundpacks. There are 2 of them, one for VIP and one for mush.
The bt sync key for VIP is BU3OQDJZLTTVVL56N7EUV74MUEKC7FHUF
Also you can request an invitation from konsta.ranta at hotmail.com (replace at with @).
The mush soundpack can be gotten from
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/501 … s_pack.zip
Thanks for good news!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-02-08 22:03:36

@Roro, I admit the difference between "making something freeware" and "making something abandonware"  probably isn't a huge one, but I did want to make it clear that the game was no longer being supported with tech support from Liam etc hence why Superliam is listed as abandonware.

@Aaron, thanks for fixing the superliam link, I assumed that one was correct sinse it was the one from Lworks but obviously Liam hasn't updated his website.
@Burak, I did mention the alliance tab in Lords and Knights, I just didn't see the need to go into it in detail sinse it seemed fairly streight forward, sinse after all the descriptions are just intended to give enough information to let people know what the game is like and help people get started, not provide an in depth instruction manual.

Thanks for the link to the Vipmud pack, I'll add that to the Db page for Prometheus though it would also be helpful if the Mushclient pack had propper hosting as well rather than all these exclusive invitation things that are accessible only to a small group of people.

2015-02-08 22:46:31

Hi.
When I go to the pg13 website, I do not see any of the reviews mentioned in this news post. The only new one I see is envade space. Am I missing something? I would like to hear the tarzan and chillingham reviews.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2015-02-08 23:13:22

@Briant, annoyingly Gorthalen decided to change podcast feed systems just after I updated the db with the links, so now rather than going to each specific podcast they all go streight to the Pg13 site instead.

If however you go to http://pg13.tk/ you should find a list of their most recent podcasts, and at the bottom of the page a next page option to display the earlier ones, ---- I found the Chillingham one on page 2.

I don't know why the different podcasts aren't showing up for you, either your using a different address or you missed that "page 2" link to find the rest of their stuff.

Hth.

2015-02-09 00:08:36

ah thanks dark, didn't notice the page 2 link until you mentioned it. That would explain it.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven