2017-01-27 13:34:33

You can post in this thread and request a name change.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-02-12 14:53:04

Played my first duel on here yesterday and had fun, will hang out on the server for if anyone is bored wink Need to test my deck some more.

2017-02-12 20:47:11

Still having trouble getting this game to work, no idea what's going wrong?

2017-02-12 21:49:36

zk, what are you doing and what happens when you do it? smile If you download the mushclient package from the first post , extract it and just run the mushclient.exe you should be good to go. Press enter when it says ok for telnet or something to that effect

2017-02-13 15:07:59

hmm ...has the game been down since last night for anyone else?

2017-02-13 16:22:59

back up now smile

2017-02-21 02:42:36

So slow going as it might be, are you still planning on working on what you said in post 1?

2017-02-21 04:45:48

This may be a stupid question, but what's the command to switch from text chat to duel? I forgot.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-02-21 12:04:41

I think it is:
-duel
Haven't logged in for a while myself...

2017-02-21 17:33:33

How did you figure that out?  Was trying to figure out that yesterday, and couldn't get it.

2017-02-21 18:01:32

Apparently the interface used to explain a bit more. Now, when ou log in it literally just logs you in, and duels aren't even mentioned until you enter the command. It's dash duel.

2017-02-21 18:16:57

this game is cool, thanks.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-22 00:01:50

They should probably fix that.

2017-02-22 07:57:31

@blindndangerous:
I actually don't remember. I thought, it was mentioned in this topic somewhere...

2017-02-24 04:51:27 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-24 06:57:14)

Greetings!

A veteran, 44 years old gamer here, who has lost his vision round a year ago.
In my later "still sighted" period, I became a regular Hearthstone-addict, (was playing it on daily basis, sometimes even over many hours), and am now searching for a similar game made for, or adjusted to blind players instead.
I was told here in Audiogames.net-forums, that the closest, most similar one to it is Yugioh!, but it's actually a mud, which needs a client to run.
I must admit being a pretty "old-fashion" gamer, who never cared about, nor used any mudding and muds, so I have as little as no knowledge regarding them.
In matter fact, I never had, nor wished for any game consoles either, I was always satisfied with my desktop-computer, starting with Commodore 64, then Amiga 500, then PCs, newer, stronger, and faster ones by time...ending currently with a pretty strong and fast P, primarily configured for playing games, and a quite fast internet-connection, since online-games also became my obsession in the meantime, especially due PvP-battles and competitions, which I consider the real thrill and challenge of online games in general. (no wonder I admired Hearthstone that much, huh?)

But now to my actual problem, regarding the Yugioh! game:
I found and downloaded that sound-addition file posted by my fellow Hungarian called Robjoy.
According to his instructions inside it, I am suggested to start the Yugioh! game with the help of that specific MushZ-client present in that directory.
I welcomed that idea, since I already have a copy of MushZ-client, which is attached/adjusted to the Altereon game, so hopefully no interferences will occure this way.
According to Robjoy's instructions, all I have to do is to run that Mushzclient.exe, enter my nickname, and I am supposed to be connected to the Yugioh! game-mud.
Now here is what actually happens after I run the "new" MushZ-client.exe from that soundpack directory:
I indeed start inside a kind of empty text-boy, (a type of a console I guess), where I am (accordingly) supposed to enter my nickname.
However, totally regardless of what word I type, (my nickname Caccio, run, join, start, help,...I was even suggested -duel), after pressing "enter", the connection to the Yugioh! server is established, but if I take no further action, after 9 seconds I get automatically disconnected from it, reasoned by a (probably)portuguese announcement/message "tempo escutando".
In case I press "enter" again, (before those 9 seconds pass), I get thrown into a kind of "mini-chat" room, with a few other users present, but the very moment I type ANY word at all, and press "enter", I get disconnected the very same way!
Now here are the things I tried so far:
Since I noticed a bunch of options and settings inside the MushZ-client, I tried to connect "manually", using either the "connect", or the "game" menu, I even checked all the connection settings, meaning server-name, IP-address, port-number, tried the "quick-connect" option as well, then I even tried to connectwith my name and password set inside the "connect" option under the "game" menu...and yes, in some cases I actually DID manage to remain on the server for a longer time, but I was still inside that console-type empty text-box, an nothing I typed there had any effect, no changes happened at all, I still couldn't join an actual game world, not even after finding the command to load all available game "worlds", no list of worlds to join appeared...so still no game-options, settings, decks, cards, duel, etc...so still NO GAME!!!
Normally in case I remained "idle" for a longer time, I still got disconnected, probably due being "inactive".

So...could someone of You people here, who are supposedly regular Yugioh!-players, PLEASE explain me what am I still doing wrong, or provide me detailed, "step-by-step" instructions, about how to successfully connect to, join, start, and run this game...that is, HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCESS TO IT???
This slowly makes me going crazy...!!!

Note:
After a longer period of depression due my vision-loss, I started using the NVDA screen-reader, and despite constantly improving at its handling, I am still far from being 100-percent competent with it.
Please bear this in mind when writing Your instructions about connecting to, and running the Yugioh! game-mud, and also please don't forget, that I am totally inexperienced in mudding and muds!
True, I was quite skilled in handling computer-software, performing operations with programs, folders, files, internet usage and browsing, even with text-related operations...but that was before my handicap...now my competency with all those had severely decreased.

Best regards,
Caccio
from Hungary

2017-02-24 06:45:37 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-02-24 06:46:12)

The "Mini-chat room", as you call it, is exactly where you're supposed to be. so:

1. run mushclient.exe. If you are connected and you see the prompt to press enter, do so.
2. Enter your nickname.
3. type -duel. Note the dash. Type hyphen, duel, all as one word. -duel.

You are now in the game. Read the manual, build a deck, find a player to play against and probably hate the fact that you can't play hearthstone and are stuck with a game where all cards are already unlocked and only a few cards are truly useful.

It's a shame you weren't around for advanced fallen worlds, that was a real TCG.

2017-02-24 08:12:13 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-24 09:13:13)

Well this is where my problems start.

1. I run the client
2. after it starts, I can hear no sound, so I press "enter"
3. I can hear that the connection to the server is not open, and an option to try to reconnect
4. I try to reconnect, and the connection gets established (as announced)
5. I am told to press "enter" to join some telnet-thing, after doing so, I am welcomed in the mini-chat room, (with the number of present peopl announced), and my nickname is requested, or ? is suggested for help (normally without pressing anything nothing at all happens)
6. after I enter my nickname plus "enter", I indeed get thrown into that mini-chat room, but right after that, I get disconnected right away, without even a chance or time to perform any type of action...this same happens when I type ? instead of my chosen nickname

Actually totally regardless of what I type, regardless if I type anything at all, after pressing "enter" when the nickname is asked, I get disconnected anyway, and the Yugioh!-server closes the connection.
This means I cannot even reach, andremain in that mini-chat room, to get the chance to type -duel!
(and typing it before that has the very same effect as typing Caccio, or nothing at all...

So where is the problem now???
Why do I keep being so often disconnected after pressing the "enter" key, regardless of typing anyting before it or not???

2017-02-25 01:54:54

Were you Solomon? I think I saw someone trying to get in and disappearing right after a couple times. I sent them a message but must've gotten disconnected right before you could receive it ...
That is a very strange problem you are describing. For as far as I can tell, you are doing it right. You start the client, you get no sound which is normal.
Then, the connection is being established, this may take a second or two. If thats not happening and you have to do that manually that already points out there's something strange going on.
You press enter which denotes you are using telnet, its not really important what that means, its a technobabble thing, but its the right thing.
You give your nickname, which is correct. And then you end up in the chat room with your nickname and you can use -duel to go to the dueling area. But at that point you apparently get disconnected.
If you are the person I'm thinking of though, you actually lose the connection on your end, not on the end of the server. You essentially go linkdead.
Have you tried from another computer or another network? I'm wondering if a firewall of some kind is bullying you...

Zersiax

2017-02-25 02:13:21

Right now I see you connected. Did it kick you off again?

2017-02-25 05:19:53 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-25 07:50:58)

Yeah, you guys can now ignore my previous post, I managed to solve the problem!
Namely, before I was instructed to type -duel, I was messing with the MushZ-client options and settings, and probably changed/altered some of them, that was causing the issue...normally after unzipping the sound-file again, by overwriting the old directory and files, everything works just fine, meaning according the instructions given to me here!

So I can finally access the game, and I already even constructed a deck in it...it's just pitty I couldn't find an opponent for my very 1st match, 2 guys kept duelling, and I kept challenging the one who remained idle, but no response...so after a half an hour of waiting I just gave up!

Man, how I miss Hearthstone, where one could duel with another player after only a few seconds delay...

Anyway, the gameplay itself is quite clearly explained in the manual, so I doubt I will have further issues with it.
However, I still have a few questions left about the game in general:

1. What is the actual quantity limit of cards in a deck? (in case there exists one)
Namely, I added over 100 cards to my 1st deck, just to find that out, but the deck was still not filled.
)I do miss Hearthstone with its strict card-limit of 30 per deck)

2. Are there always this few people present on the game-server, or there are periods of day when it is significantly more "alive" and active?
)as for myself, time-period is totally irrelevant, I have all the free time of the world...)

3. Is there a way to spell the nick-names ofpresent  players with my screen-reader?
(they are often not obvious enough to guess, in many cases it's pretty hard to figure them out correctly, and that is required when challenging a present player for a duel, and even for watching duels of others, not to mention recognizing the capitals in nicknames...)

4. Is there a chat during the gameplay too, and if so, what is it's command?
(I am quite sure I will need it in my "newbie-player" period pretty badly, until I "get the grip" of the game, asking my opponent for some patience till I make my decisions and move)

2017-02-25 08:58:40

1. In the official yu-gi-oh rules, you can have no less than 40 cards, and I believe no more than 60, so either the mud doesn't strictly follow the rules or I'm wrong about the upper limit.

2. I doubt you'll find more than a couple people on at a time, since the game is honestly pretty limited in it's current state.

3. Highlight the player's name using navigation commands. You can then either go over it character by character, or press NVDA plus numb pad 5 twice quickly to have the name spelled for you.

4. If the chat works the same as the old version of this game, you just type f and then your message during a duel, for example:

f How are you today?

2017-02-25 16:59:27

Well, it seems the best way to find willing opponents for duel is announcing my invitations and challenges in the chatroom...since without pre-arranged duels, it's pretty hard to run into an idle and willing player inside the game-room, right?

2017-02-27 05:02:56

Ok, a few things. Firsly, no, you can contact players directly by typing a slash, then there names. For instance, /sevrior hi. Secondly, it depends. There is usually at least 1 or 2 people on, and occasionally up to 6 or 7 recently. Thirdly, there's not really a card limit, but anything above 60 is going to cause you problems. Generally you want to build a deck around some kind of useful or powerful combination or set of combinations. If you have more than 60 cards however, drawing those combinations or the cards needed to establish a firm presence on the field is going to be difficult at best.

2017-02-27 21:26:33

I was going to pretty much say what Sevrior said, but he beat me to it sad
Generally I tend to keep my deck size around 45-ish. And if I want to duel I just send the person I want to challenge a message by using / or + followed by the name of the player.
As for spelling a nickname, what you do is hit ctrl+tab, that gives you a notepad like window of all the MUD's output, you can just use your arrow keys in there. Once you are done you hit that combination again and off you go smile

2017-03-02 02:00:34

Yeah, I get the points of both of You...
However, since the game has way over 300 cards, and all of those are "free" to add and use, plus, the most of them can be even doubled...it will surely take a hell of time, until I examine and study all of them, in order to finally figure out an efficiently-enough-functioning deck for myself, LOL!

Of course, if any of You has specific advices or suggestions, they will be warmly welcomed!!!