2015-01-30 23:18:03

Hello, I have heard of the cloud service copy witch was advertised in one of the forum members signature. I sign up for the service and downloaded the pc program.
But after installing, I just get a box with the two buttons setup and setup.
I clicked both buttons but nothing happened. WEll, On the second setup button there was an error message, but I cant read out anything in the program.
Can someone tell me how this works and how to correctly set this cloud service up?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-01-31 00:10:33

@simba

Most likely issue: The software is inaccessible and the provider doesn't care about blind users.

If the software is built with QT it's almost guaranteed to be inaccessible.

And of course there can never be any 'solution' for us other than switching provider.

m

2015-01-31 03:17:17

the graphical agent is indeed built with qt, unfortunately. The way I use this service is to either use the web ui which is a bit confusing at first, or I use the console only copyconsole app that runs as a daemon process. For example, to login (only needed once): run the following command: CopyConsole u (email) p (password)
then on windows, just leave the window open to see stats of how much data is being synced, or just run it as a scheduled task if the window bothers you that much. To do things like shared folders, either use the mobile app available for both ios and android or the web ui. Hope this helps

2015-01-31 10:17:54

Hello, thanks for your answers.
@hacker, Where can I get the copyconsole program? I already downloaded the ios application, and accept a few unlabeled buttons, it works quite fine.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-01-31 20:09:14

make a notepad file saved as copylogin.bat and put this code in, replacing youremail with your username:

@echo off
mkdir "%userprofile%\copy"
cd "%appdata%\copy"
copyconsole r="%userprofile%\copy" -u=youremail

enter your password when prompted

Finally, once you run the login file and it logs in, to do the sync when you log on to windows, save this code somewhere you'll remember and call it sync.bat:

@echo off
cd "%appdata%\copy"
copyconsole

either maunally run it every time you want to sync your files on login, or put it in the startup folder on your start menu or make a run registry key, either way it'll do the same thing

Hope this helps. If you need any other assistance, just reply to this topic.