2015-01-28 22:20:16

Hi, My brother's win 8.1 pc has crashed. He got a windows7 cd and installed it. The problem is he has some drivers missing, including the graphic driver and the wifi driver. We tried to run the AMD autodetect utility to install the drivers but since the wifi driver is missing it couldn't install it. Where could he find those drivers? Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-01-29 01:44:36

If you know the model of the computer, you can search for drivers for that specific model on Google that are Win 7 compatible.

2015-01-29 09:39:31 (edited by defender 2015-01-29 09:40:35)

Hey

Just download this program...
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/portable
Then unzip it on to a flash drive, SD Card, external hard Drive, etc.

Plug the device you put it on into his computer, find Speccy, and run Speccy64.exe.
After that, wait about a minute to be sure, go to the file menu in the program, choose print to text, save the file to the drive that the program is on, and close the program.

Go back to another computer that can use the internet, plug the device in, find the .txt printout that Speccy made, and search through the beginning of the document, where you'll find operating system version, part number, model number, manufacturer, etc.
Search for the correct drivers on the manufacturer site, e.g. if the computer was made by HP, you'd look on the HP site, probably under support or something, but if you can't find exactly where, just look for HP drivers on Google and find it that way.
If for some reason those drivers don't work, try finding drivers for the specific components, the model numbers of each component will be in that text printout as well, so just look for the name of the part with control F.
For instance, if the part is the wireless card, look for wireless card, or network adapter, etc, you may not find it right away, but it's there, then look on the manufacturer site for the card, like if it was Broadcom, look on Broadcom's site in the same way, and find the correct drivers.

If an old driver that didn't work is still there and you find a driver that you think will work instead, go to device manager which you can type into the start menu, then go to the part that the driver is for, then go to the applications menu, properties, drivers tab, and hit the roll back button.

During this process, you may have to restart several times, so just be aware of that.  Also, it's best to make a system restore point with system restore before messing with drivers, and also every time you get a driver that works.

2015-01-29 11:17:00

Thank you I will try it.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-01-29 15:09:45

hey there,

you may also try Driver Pack solutions

hth
socheat.

2015-01-29 15:16:28

+1 for driver packs. A damn good idea, really.

Just myself, as usual.