2015-02-08 20:54:37

Hi.

So, I need to know something.
If I take one of these bootable talking PE iso files and use iso to usb on a WIndows VM to make a bootable drive, can I just insert the drive into my mac, press and hold the option key at startup and boot into it with working sound from the mac soundcard? If that won't work, do I have to go through creating a bootcamp partition and then booting off my talking win PE disk using option when it attempts to restart?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2015-02-08 21:12:22

@Chris

Yes, it's possible.

m

2015-02-08 21:52:58

Hi, so I repartitioned the disc, and I'm still getting that error. The full error text is:
---------------------------
Windows Setup
This installation disc isn’t compatible with your version of Windows. To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc. For more information, check your computer’s system information. To install a new copy of Windows, restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc, and then select Custom (advanced).
OK  --------------------------

Not sure if that helps.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2015-02-08 22:15:28

Hi.

Well, I've just about given up on all this crap. I can't get speech when I try to boot using the option key. I'm pretty sure it's not booted into recovery, because command f5 doesn't work.
I even tried connecting the zoom to my mac, but no sound. So, I don't know. Either it isn't booting, I didn't wait long enough, or it won't work with the mac soundcard or the zoom.

Oh well, if they can't even be bothered to make a talking windows installer even at the stage we're at, what ever. This is why I switched to OS X and why I'm not going back unless they get their asses in gear and make a talking installer and enhance narrator. I hope to god they put some enhancements in Windows 10, though from what I'm seeing, we've got nothing yet. Very disappointing.

2015-02-08 22:26:12

Hi, have you tried just changing your startup disc in system preferences? if you made the drive bootable, it should show up in there, as well.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2015-02-08 23:33:55

Hi, I have Bryan Smarts talking windows PE. I have it on a dvd. but, when I plug my USB dvd drive and press continue after just checking the box that says to install windows. I already have ll the windows drivers for the mac ready to go onother USB thumb drive could nayone please help withis? I think BRyan's versione of the talking windows installer has windows included.

2015-02-09 03:45:37

@Chris: which Mac is it? It might not be modern enough to perform USB boot; then you'll have to burn it to a DVD.

@Dranelement: Re the partition issue, are you sure you have a volume Windows understands? FAT32 or NTFS.

Just myself, as usual.

2015-02-09 05:01:45

Once you do the first install of windows 10, you can use recovery either with a DVD or not if you have secure boot on your computer, and it will do all the repartitioning for you etc with drivers included in my experience. This kind of thing is still nice to have to do repair work, but if all you want to do is reformat your machine it is now possible to do independently in windows 10. It's only shit if you restore to your bought full of crapware factory defaults: So use a PE to kill all partitions, install windows 10, and you'll never have to worry about this kind of thing again. Hope this makes sense to someone. Now all I have to remember is to unauth my legal jaws, and itunes and....

2015-02-09 07:26:31

@serrebi
Are you saying that recovery in Windows 10 has become accessible?

m

2015-02-09 12:58:50

Hi.

It's a 2013 Macbook Air.
I'm not sure what you mean by macs not being able to boot from USB, unless you're talking about power pc macs. As far as I am aware, all intel macs are the only macs that can boot off USB.
Just to clarify, the WIndows PE doesn't appear as an option in startup disk preferences.

2015-02-10 07:27:25

@Chris: yeah, not all Intel Macs could boot USB, but yours does.

What process are you using to make the USB drive? Copy over all the files, and then use bootsect.exe /nt60 from Windows; have you done that?

Just myself, as usual.

2015-02-10 08:08:33

Use Rufus to create the bootable usb of the iso.

Rufus is a windows application and it's accessible.

m

2015-02-11 01:35:24

hello there all,      so question,      how do i can add the talking wp,   we are trying extract all files,  it's 7 zip with,  but we can't iso that files,   anyone can tell how do i can fix?      note,  we are trying install the windows 8,  i have full windows 8 dvd,  i just issue, we can't iso add   wp

2015-02-14 02:23:03

Hi.

Well, I tried Rufus, and it still doesn't work. BTW, I had to use the NVDA review cursor to navigate and use Rufus, since tab wasn't working. Anyway, I created the drive and tried to boot, but when I held down option and pressed right arrow and enter, it just sat there. I had my Zoom connected but didn't get any audio.

So, what gives? Does my drive not work, is it too slow, is the mac not booting, or is the mac soundcard/zoom not supported? What soundcards work with this?

2015-02-14 03:06:10

Hi, I'm still looking for help on trying to install windows on my Mac. I'm also still trying to find an official ISO file. I have the product key from the version of windows that is on my PC. I've heard that you can't use a product key unless it's for enterprise. Is this the case?

2015-02-14 09:56:59

yes recovery is if you use narrator after the format to set things up. In my experience with my macbook air 2012, you have to hold option key down while booting, and select your dvd drive / usb , for windows or whatever: It will not show up in system prefs.

2015-02-18 12:36:56

I wants to create my win 7 PE. but win builder is not accessible at the moment.

2015-02-20 23:30:21

Hi, I got the 8 gig thumb drive and created a bootable drive with the ISO to USB tool the X-64 version. I then plugged it into my Mac and ran bootcamp. Then I unchecked the Created a bootable drive. and checked the download drivers for the installation of windows or something like that. and the box Install windows. Next I hit the continue button and it brought up and alert saying that Bootcamp can't find a windows 7 install disk. It wants me to put in the install disk and wait a few seconds for the disk to be recognized. So, What could I be doing wrong? Could anyone please help me with this? I'd really love to bossibly talk on Skype or something to hopefully get this installed. Thanks a lot in advance.

2015-03-06 13:36:48

In my experience, you have to hold option, and select your dvd drive from the boot option manually. I needed sited help for this with the Bryan Smart project image myself. If only mac's booted dvd automatically. For bootcamp drivers, try unchecking install windows you should be able to just download the drivers. Though back in the day I had a macbook air 2010 refuse to get the drivers for a while... I eventually just got bootcamp drivers from google and wiped the whole thing for windows and installed from the downloaded version I found. You can also swap the dvd after booting, as the system is running from ram anyway, if you want to just install a different dvd you have laying around from this image.

2015-03-25 00:27:19

Hi.

So, I've got some questions about these images of Windows PE. First of all, has anyone tested these with Mac hardware? Does it work? From what I've tried, I don't get any sound when attempting to boot from the USB flash drive I created using a Windows VM. So, do these actually work and provide sound feedback on Mac hardware?
Secondly, what are all these programs on the desktop? I don't get why they are there and what all of them do.

2015-03-26 08:54:46

@Chris
Sometimes usb drives aren't detected properly and can't boot on all hardware.

Try to boot from a cd or  dvd instead.

m

2015-03-28 05:14:15

Hi, I want to thanks who developed this project. I've tried it and I could install correctly Windows 10 64 on a virtual machine.

2015-04-18 19:23:40

Hello all.
Sorry for bringing back this topic.
does anyone manage to install Windows 8.1 by using this Windows PE? One of my friends reported an error in Win8.1 setup process wile using WinPE, however he installed that version of windows without WinPE and with a sighted help successfully.
So, if anyone has any experience in installing Windows 8.1 by this Talking WinPE, please share it here.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-04-18 20:10:57

@Adel

Please be more specific in describing the error.

I have installed Windows 8.1 from within the talking
PE, so I can confirm that it's possible.

m

2015-04-19 06:41:42

Hello Gellman,
Well, it happened in my friends computer and he didn't give me any more details, however, if you installed it successfully, there shouldn't be any problem and I am now certain that the problem was in his system and not in Talking WinPE.
and one more thing, do you know anything about Levtec Winstaller?
it is a software that makes Talking Windows installer images that has NVDA and totaly accessible.
the intresting thing is that in their latest version, they have added the feature for blind users, to make Live desktop CDS with NVDA, like Talking Windows PE and With your prefered portable applications. unfortunately, their software is very expensive. but I wanna ask that, have you used this software or is there an accessible way to edit or produce Talking WinPE like the version that is here?
Here is the link for Levtec site:
http://levtec.linkpc.net
Thanks for your reply.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.