2015-01-23 00:14:08

hi!
finally, we blind have a new hosting service!
it is meocloud.pt.
yeah yeah I know. Terminator, it's in portuguese, we don't understand.
no! it is in english.
really?
scared? yes! you can subscribe at this linky.
http://bit.ly/1yKBfur
then, after you did register, and skipped all that mumbo jumbo, you could just go A head and download the program from:
http://bit.ly/1yKC5r3
indeed, this is also hosted in meo. Go take your 16gb and use them as you want.
and?
totally free!
still scared?
if you want more details about the up, in english, contact me at skype at:
raton.miguelito.glps.
thanks!
enjoy!

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-01-23 03:40:12

Always interesting with a new cloud service, but remember to encrypt before uploading!

m

2015-01-23 04:16:10

huh? what you mean?

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

2015-01-26 21:49:01

has anyone tryed this hostin service?

2015-01-27 20:05:17

He meant in case of someone managing to hack the cloud service it's best to encrypt the files you're uploading.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2015-01-27 20:48:38

Yes, and the obvious problem with any unencrypted storage is that you only have the cloud service's claim to respect your privacy.

Uploading unencrypted data to the cloud is like writing a message on a postcard.

The owner of the service may be honest, or more likely he has covered himself with a 'privacy policy' with so many exceptions that you can drive a truck through it.

I'll only use the cloud for encrypted backup of my personal files.

m

2015-01-28 16:10:49

This does sound interesting.
For me, its very easy to encrypt my files. All I have to do is go to PureBASIC and use RC4_CryptBinaryFile through all the files I want to upload, and voila! I upload them? No one can access them without the key; its binary. (OK, maybe someone might, but not without a lot of hacking.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-01-28 20:38:12 (edited by gellman 2015-01-28 20:42:20)

@Ethin
Oh I don't know if you are joking, are young or only need to prove yourself,
but rolling your own home brew crypto implementation is foolish unless you know what you are doing.

What you are considering is exactly what crypto experts like Bruce Schneier  warn against.

Rather stick with opensource crypto software such as GNUPG, OpenSSL (yes OpenSSL also supports symmetric AES file encryption) or 7Zip.

I recommend Keepass as password vault, Veracrypt/Truecrypt for full disk encryption, 7Zip, GNUPG or WinRAR for  file encryption and Privazer for wiping your traces.

Remember that nothing stored in the cloud is private unless you take extra precautions to stay safe.

m