2015-01-21 19:04:57

Hi.

I've just found another bug, when you walk around onto the grass to get your staff in a saved game, the music stops.

I'm sorry to say this, and people are going to disagree here. But if it's possible to get my money back. I'll do it.

I've seen about 4 bugs now and am not happy. I don't mind giving money to developers but when the bugs that were in the first game haven't been fixed in the second version, that's when I get a little annoyed.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-01-21 20:03:50

Hi.
Wow I didn't saw that comming. Awesome news. big_smile
I haven't received my download link yet since I bought the first version very long time ago. I look very much forward to play through this again, now with real voice acting. Wow!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-01-21 20:40:55 (edited by jyro22 2015-01-21 20:48:52)

@brad This game has been has been thoroughly play tested and keep in mind it plays a little differently than the old version.
Locate the game manual in the folder. It has new controls listed in it. You no longer need to hold down F and press a direction, this is another improvement. Just face in the direction first and press F once. Don't walk during this unless you already know what's ahead. Cool. The radial scanner can pick up on objects which are on the other side of walls if you are at the edge. It does not pick up on anything you've already collected. Sometimes items are in the next room over. Hope this helps.

@Dark, thank you. You are indeed correct, it does not require an Xbox.

@Avidgamer. Thanks, and this version is not just for those who have XP. It's a much more enjoyable experience with additions added to the game such as additional story dialogue, all voice over except for the guard and boss1, which I kept because I liked those voices lol, Ali gives better instructions, chests mark as empty once opened, paths to new areas read where they lead to, new improved controls, all previous bugs fixed, vibration function and much more.

@BradP /Spoiler/ there is a crystal just barely south of the bridge in the center. Use the scanner with C. There is also one in the locked room to the north of the chief who is standing outside the temple doors to the west of the town square. The switch is nearby. Good luck finding them!

2015-01-21 21:20:40

Hi, thanks for my answer about repurchasing the game. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my email yet with the download link. Again, my email is
[email protected]
Thanks a lot in advance!

2015-01-21 22:06:04

hi

perhaps a bit unecessary, but my e-mail adress is:

[email protected]

looking forward to this.

big_smile

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2015-01-21 22:07:38

I've got the Wireless 360 controller. How do I get it working with this game?

2015-01-21 22:34:42

I never played the first version of this game, and would also like to maybe try a demo of it.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2015-01-21 23:13:57

For xbox360 controller, plug in your usb connector piece into the computer's usb port before launching airik.exe,
making sure the controller has had time to self install on windows if it is your first time plugging it into your machine.
If it is the first time, give it a few moments to self install on windows before launching airik. You can manually get the drivers from google searching microsoft.com xbox360 controller driver. Remember to check the Airik manual located in the game folder for useful game information as well.

For those requesting, good news that a playable demo will be available today.

2015-01-21 23:46:31

Well the good news is the e-mail came with the download link. The bad news is it leads to the file on google drives and for some stupid reason I can't download it, I click the download button and nothing happens, grrrrrr!  Stupid google drive!

I hope there is another way I can get to download and try the game out, sinse I've been waiting to play it for years! big_smile.

Edit: Okay panic over, Giro kindly (and very quickly), sent me an alternative link to download the game, and I have it now. It's a tad late for me to get involved with a game tonogith sinse it's eleven o'clock, but I'll certainly be giving it a go tomorrow, hurrah!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-22 01:53:12

I bought the first Airic the Cleric awhile back. I haven't heard anything from the devs until just recently, reading this thread and the forum post which led me here. Cool beans on the update.
I was willing to pay the price to get the upgrade even if I could've gotten it free. I do hope that the game is not, in fact, as buggy as it looks, because previous versions of this game definitely had issues from time to time.

Now I'm just waiting for my email to download the game, and hoping I'm not dealing with Google Drive. I also hope this isn't going to be the first of a dozen and a half updates to the same game. That isn't meant to sound harsh, only to illustrate the point about playtesting and bug-fixing and all that; I've seen many developers (of both audio games and MUDs) claim that such-and-such has been tested thoroughly, yet a very easy-to-duplicate bug comes up and wrecks things. We're only human, and it makes sense that weird little quirks will slip past, but big game-breaking stuff shouldn't really make it past the first or second dev-testing cycle.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-01-22 04:44:04

great to see the new update was released.
I'll try the demo out once it's ready for download.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-01-22 12:50:17

Hey guys, I've added a link to the new playable demo in the topic's first post for those who want to play it.
The cool thing is that from the demo you can access the purchase page directly to obtain the full version,
and even though you will need to start a new game, your demo will become the full version without
having to download the game twice. Besides the link in the topic's first post, here is the link again:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wcfdc9

2015-01-22 13:57:47

Hi.

I am stuck.

/spoiler/
I've got the hammer, returned the mouse but now have no idea what to do.
I can't use the flor switch and there's a forcefield in another room with lodes of vaces I can smash.
/End of spoilers/

I'm gone for real :)

2015-01-22 14:55:17

I got the email with the game went and downloaded it. I unzip the file, when I started to play the game, it would not let me press enter to open doors or even save at the bed. When I pressed the control key, it brought up the standard windows has encountered a problem with the program and will close it and notify you if a solution is available message. i'm not exactly sure what is going on here. If anyone could help, that would be awesome!

2015-01-22 15:17:11

does anyone else run this under fusion?
when i run the game under windows seven my whole machine shuts down windows. not impressed really

2015-01-22 15:17:42

Hello.
thank you for providing a demo version. I'm downloading it now.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-01-22 15:38:48

Hi, regarding my comment from above in which I posted that I was having a couple of errors with the game, I just downloaded the demo to make sure if the error was persistent there as well. Unfortunately, they do. Thanks.

2015-01-22 17:48:44

Okay, this is strange. When I begin the game, I hear a splashing sound and what appears to be birds which plays over the main game sounds very loudly (I wonder if it is the sound effects for the fishing game?). The problem is the sounds are so loud and continuous I can hear none of the dialogue or game sounds.

I have tried extracting the files from the zip folder several times, and always got the same result, which is odd.

I'm quite disappointed sinse this makes the game literally unplayable.
if I can send any log files from the SuperAiric folder to help identify this bug let me know.
I must admit I am a little surprised that such a huge bug could exist in the game, sinse as I said it literally makes the game impossible to play, and like others in this topic I am wondering if perhaps a bug fix version is needed here, indeed while I am sure the game has been tested, for such major bugs to still exist perhaps a wider test sample might have been in order.

Still, no point crying over spilt bugs, however I do very much hope this gets sorted soon sinse it is rather irritating to be looking forward to a full scale rpg and yet again! get no where, particularly after buying the game.

As I said, if there are any error log files you'd like me to send, or if you want to send me a test build that logs startup errors, let me know.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-22 18:31:40

Under fusion on mac, the game shuts diwn windows lol

2015-01-22 18:40:34

Hi Jyro, I have not received the link yet. Can you send me it?
Thanks,
Ambro

2015-01-22 18:43:49

Hello.
I've downloaded the demo version, and have no problem  playing the game in windows 7 32 bit.
I have stucked in a part of the game which i will explain.
Spoiler:
after i get my weapon, and go to the north, then go over the platform and get the power cube and go right, i reach to a ladder and go up, then there is a single gap jump in my right, but i don't know how to jump to the other side of it. i go to the edge of single jump gap and press space and right at the same time but no luck.
end of spoiler..

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-01-22 19:34:50

All right, folks. I'm not best pleased, and I'm just going to have to hope I'm missing something kind of obvious here.

I downloaded my game this morning. The download took a bit, but that's okay. It was a .zip package, which I promptly extracted.
When I opened the unzipped folder, I found a lot of other folders, plus an Airik.exe file. Running this executable provided a bunch of issues.
First of all, I was told that a particular .dll file was not installed on my computer, and that the game couldn't properly run. Despite this, I got the intro bit where Dark is talking about pressing Enter or Control to start or continue a new game, respectively. I hit enter, and was able to wander around Airik's room a little bit. I found the door, but couldn't open it for blood or money. I could not interact with the bed, either, although I did have both Scout and the radial scanner working.
I read the manual, and it told me that I could use the desktop icon to play the game. Well, that would be great and all, but this game doesn't actually appear to install anything. If there's a way to actually make it install, rather than just hitting airik.exe and going from there, I'd love to know, and the manual needs to mention this.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something obvious, because if I'm not, then this means that a supposedly "thoroughly bug-tested" product has not, in fact, been bug-tested.

2015-01-22 19:52:29

@Jayde, the desktop icon shouldn't make a difference sinse even if the game had an installer, the desktop would just open that Airic.exe file.

Other than that I agree, indeed you got on further than I did with the game, however please don't confuse me and the character i played, saying you heard me! talking about hitting enter, while true sort of makes me feel like I'm giving bad directions big_smile.

Actually the voice in that situation was for the character of The Chief, who sort of serves as the general purpose mentor character in the game.

2015-01-22 20:10:32

My point is only that I heard that little intro bit, and not much else.

This is rather annoying, if truth be told. Freak bugs and little quirks are one thing, but...well, is it me, or has this game been plagued with rather big issues ever since it started? To be fair, I've played this game to its completion a couple of times, so the developer does seem to address the issues when they crop up, but I'm not sure I like the implication that something is bug-tested when it's not.

Oh, in case it needs mentioning: I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit, and I have way more than enough RAM and disk space to run the game. I wish the game would actually package and install itself properly, that way it wouldn't have to constantly load things when needed.

2015-01-22 22:07:40

at brad- destroy the flowerbed in the way of the switch. you can shutdown the force field by shocking it with the energy blast ability once you obtain it. go to the docks to collect stuff, come back to this area later. there's a powercube in the south room that is not locked.
at adel- When you get to near touching distance of the jump gap, don't keep pressing in the direction, just press space.
at brad- when you scan, don't hold F down and don't keep pressing in a direction, this version has improved scouting, just face in a direction and press F once, no need to hold down arrows.
at jade- the manual doesn't claim the game made the installed directory or the icon, however it was supposed to say folder and how to make a desktop shortcut, so I have now added this to avoid confusion. Thanks! As for your missing DLL, do you know what the name of the supposedly missing DLL is? The game comes with everything it needs, so if your computer is missing some kind of dll needed for running certain applications like this one, then I recommend running a google search of the missing DLL. If I find out what that DLL is, I can place it in the documentation as a help to anyone missing the specific DLL for these kinds of apps in Windows.
at avid gamer- the game is not Mac compatible, so emulating Windows may bring unexpected issues.
I will look into this for you though.
at sean terry and dark - I am sending you an email

Although these aren't actually bugs and most people who are playing are experiencing no problems, have no fear, I am more than happy to help with how to play gameplay differences in the new version and missing Windows files or rare operating system issues. This is just as important and I know how frustrating that can be not knowing what is wrong. I am here to help in any way that I can.  Thank you for your patience and support! In the meantime while we figure out these things, if you happen to be experiencing any object interaction failing or crashes, try the game on a different computer if you are able to.

This feedback has really helped me realize what needed additional specification in the user Manual, such as difference in controls and directory info as well as a new help section for the event that Windows is missing a DLL.

So-
To avoid any confusion, manual now says game folder and how to create a desktop icon.
I will try to find out what this missing dll is and include it in help topics.
Play guide will feature how to interact properly, I've included this in the Manual as well.
Make sure you meet system requirements including running the game on Windows XP, 7 or 8
I will find out what system issue is causing the inability to interact with objects, I suspect the Windows dependent missing DLL.

Thanks guys!